Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 105. (Read 61315 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
The work from everyone here is appreciated. Of course hats tipped to sh and vh for some quality shit. I can barely keep up with three marketing contracts otherwise I'd be diving into this even quicker.
vh
Activity: 699
Merit: 666
Currently running version 60d9f64

I have gotten "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"  twice in last 2 hours.

Switched back to the version from 12/6 to see if it happens again.

Thanks for the feedback.   I found a possible cause and pushed up a fix to GitHub (3339a51).

Feel free to settle into a particular build if you have a working setup that you no longer want to tweak.

Frequent updates may start to feel overwhelming.    As always, the feedback is appreciated and makes for a better next build.

edit
Windows build: cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-3339a51.7z

link references to the previous build has been updated.
Activity: 23
Merit: 29
ah yeah... loving the new --gekko-serial option!

Note to others:  my serial is: "GSD 10019785", but you have to enter --gekko-serial "GS-10019785" and change the third letter to a hyphen.

GSC- Compac BM1384 Bitcoin Miner
GSD- 2pac BM1384 Bitcoin Miner
GSE- Terminus BM1384 Bitcoin Miner
GSH- NewPac BM1387 Bitcoin Miner

I don't know if this also works for the bitshopperde versions, as I don't have any: BSC, BSD, BSE. (no BSH yet apparently?)

i'm using:

Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://pool.ckpool.org:3333 -u 1HpnRjN2ru4NhYFrZFsXe3JXCyJWW9fDeh.2pac -p x --suggest-diff 1  --gekko-serial "GS-10019785" --gekko-2pac-freq 37

to get a little hashing power out of a damaged stick (White light on, but both chips still work - it just zombies out quickly.)

Setting it at 37.5mhz is low enough to not zombie - at least for 24hrs so far!  Even 43.75mhz zombies out after a few hours...
Activity: 97
Merit: 5
Currently running version 60d9f64

I have gotten "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"  twice in last 2 hours.

Switched back to the version from 12/6 to see if it happens again.
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 7701
'The right to privacy matters'
i just did the 09a2137 which is nov 07 I think running 3 at 275 freq

fans are cooling well I will get back with results
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
We will be stocking them in the next few days, available individually and paired with a power brick.

Superb. Happy to deal with you guys again. May well order a couple more newpacs aswell.

vh, my two currrent sticks have been running fine at 300m since the latest update and I will bump the freq up bit by bit soon. Thank you.
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
Looks the dogs danglies. Ill take one please! I’m in the UK though so if you prefer I purchased through a third party (assuming they stock them) like I did with the Newpacs thats absolutely fine  Smiley

We will be stocking them in the next few days, available individually and paired with a power brick.

Looks the dogs danglies. Ill take one please! I’m in the UK though so if you prefer I purchased through a third party (assuming they stock them) like I did with the Newpacs thats absolutely fine  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Before you do the reinstall, try getting your resolution up so that your terminal can fit about 120 columns, 75 rows.
It looked a little cramped from your earlier screenshot.

resolution is at 1680 x 1050, used my phone to take the pic.

What would be the proper way to reinstall cgminer? I figure with Linux there is a right to do it and then there is Windows...

Edit: I went ahead and just reformatted the drive and reinstalled everything. I now have the correct screen headings with all the details.

I thank you all for your patience and am very grateful for the help.
vh
Assuming that was the end of this issue.

I matched the sleep time in one of the threads to be similar to that of the build you pointed out as allowing the faster speeds.
Why it is fine on linux but appears to have an impact some windows machine with usb3, I haven't made that connection yet.    
Since I found a machine I can recreate it on, I'm making a note to revisit it someday to understand it more.
Thats why I do love this forum. For all the idiots and scam artists there are on here there are tenntimes as many people willing to help out and be part of the community.

Thanks for the update vh. I will be trying it out shortly. What was the problem in the end? I know computers but no where near the extent most on here do lol
Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
The pc i initially tried it on is intel, the second is a ryzen mining rig and still the same problem  Sad I will try an earlier version of cgminer to see if it improves anything.

EDIT:

Just downloaded the Nov 7, 09a2f37 cgminer and now hitting expected hashrates. Its only been a few minutes but the signs are promising *finger crossed*

I was actually getting better results using a USB 3.0 hub connected to a USB 3.0 port on my Windows 10 laptop (when compared to using a USB 2.0 hub connected to my one USB 2.0 port). Two of my laptops (including my high-end, primary one) have the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller, and it hasn't ever caused me any problems. Glad you are finally seeing some speeds above 55Gh/s now! This great community will help you until it's fixed - love that!  Wink

New build (7a48c8f)

[...]

Thanks for the update vh!  =)
vh
New build (7a48c8f)

Same instructions:
    rename (save), clone, build.

Add new testing parameter --gekko-serial
    Accepts double quoted, comma seperated list of Serial Numbers to target.
    Available for all gekko miner types.   Especially the 2pac type.
    --gekko-serial "GS-10001010,GS-10001011"

Remove excess noise from default display.
    - Individual device HW errors can be found by pressing d, i, then [space].
    - Move ramping notes to LOG_INFO during restarts.  

Misc Tuning & Fixes
    - Additional thread priorities and timing adjustments.
        - Solves some windows + usb 3.0 combo capping miners at 65GHs
        - Free up some cpu cycles where possible.
    - Fix errors cause by lost precision on fractional frequency steps.

Windows binary: cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-7a48c8f.7z

Windows binary: cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-60d9f64.7z

Windows binary: cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-3339a51.7z
    sha1sum 4c2b86473f1b7ae51ffa0aa415bbd916b3e62954 cgminer.exe

edit:
Looks like that frequency fix didn't make it in on this build.  
Use frequency steps/multiples of 25 for better results until the next build.

edit:
That was important enough to squeeze in.

edit:
Fix for segfault
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
And do make sure you're installing the ncurses library. The only time I've seen what you're seeing, it was the only thing missing.
vh
The pc i initially tried it on is intel, the second is a ryzen mining rig and still the same problem  Sad I will try an earlier version of cgminer to see if it improves anything.

EDIT:

Just downloaded the Nov 7, 09a2f37 cgminer and now hitting expected hashrates. Its only been a few minutes but the signs are promising *finger crossed*

That's good news that the sticks aren't limiting that upper bound.  
Let me see if I can find a machine that behaves the same to take a closer look.  

I am still unable to see the individual results of each stick and would greatly appreciate some assistance in resoving this if a new install does not fix it.

I will try reinstalling cgminer again from scratch in the afternoon as I am getting home late again.

G'night all

Before you do the reinstall, try getting your resolution up so that your terminal can fit about 120 columns, 75 rows.
It looked a little cramped from your earlier screenshot.
I am still unable to see the individual results of each stick and would greatly appreciate some assistance in resoving this if a new install does not fix it.

I will try reinstalling cgminer again from scratch in the afternoon as I am getting home late again.

G'night all
one of my issues I found with every one of my rigs is the Intel based board has the Intel USB 3.0 bug that was causing issues and I had the same problem, it only had 3.0 USB ports. I ended up setting up an old AMD rig to get around it.

EDIT:

copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
Updated the list. I have tried a different pc which is the remnants of a mining rig and still the same issue even a single stick on each usb port. I can try a different version of cgminer but unfortunately ant chane the fact its windoze or usb 3 as I only have usb 3 ports on both pc’s. The hub is usb 2 with a usb2 cable but onviously that has had no effect.

one of my issues I found with every one of my rigs is the Intel based board has the Intel USB 3.0 bug that was causing issues and I had the same problem, it only had 3.0 USB ports. I ended up setting up an old AMD rig to get around it.
Updated the list. I have tried a different pc which is the remnants of a mining rig and still the same issue even a single stick on each usb port. I can try a different version of cgminer but unfortunately ant chane the fact its windoze or usb 3 as I only have usb 3 ports on both pc’s. The hub is usb 2 with a usb2 cable but onviously that has had no effect.
Jump to: