Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 9. (Read 61321 times)

Activity: 66
Merit: 35
instead of using the .sh file, have you tried just opening terminal and running the command?

I don't think there's a difference but maybe that might work  Huh
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Hi everyone  i have a problem i cant get my freq on my newpac not  higher  it starts on 100 mhz and stays there  i try differd things

*Install cgminer again
* created a text .sh file in sgminer folder with
 ./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://sha256.mining-dutch.nl:9996 -u  -p  --suggest-diff 10 --gekko-newpac-freq 200  
And start it here

I run it on a raspberry pi 4

cgminer version 4.11.1 - Started: [2021-10-04 15:14:03.609]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):8.784G (1m):971.8M (5m):199.2M (15m):66.66M (avg):11.70Gh/s
 A:65536  R:0  HW:0  WU:241.7/m
 Connected to sha256.mining-dutch.nl diff 256 with stratum as user
 Block: 12b57583...  Diff:51.8G  Started: [15:14:06.782]  Best share: 215
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 SB management [P]ool management ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 0: GSH 10036027: BM1387:02+ 100.00MHz T:100 P:60  (287:188) | 56.1% WU:^77% | 1
6.87G / 17.30Gh/s WU:241.7/m----------------------------------------------------
 [2021-10-04 15:14:02.087] Started cgminer 4.11.1
 [2021-10-04 15:14:02.087] Loaded configuration file /home/pi/.cgminer/cgminer.c
onf
 [2021-10-04 15:14:02.087] Probing for an alive pool
 [2021-10-04 15:14:02.305] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 65536
 [2021-10-04 15:14:02.305] Network diff set to 1.49G
 [2021-10-04 15:14:02.367] Accepted untracked stratum share from pool 0
 [2021-10-04 15:14:03.335] 0: GSH 0 - Toggling ASIC nRST to reset
 [2021-10-04 15:14:03.608] 0: GSH 0 - NewPac Bitcoin Miner (10036027)
 [2021-10-04 15:14:06.767] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 256
 [2021-10-04 15:14:06.782] Network diff set to 51.8G
 [2021-10-04 15:14:06.782] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block at height 7076

Maybe someone can help me out

I dont find a conf file like some people  suggested

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
if the usb port is bad - I dont really know how to test that. and I really dont want to wiggle it around. I would hate for the USB to break lose. I need to find out if this unit is the one that sidehack repaired recently and sent back to me.
Activity: 66
Merit: 35
Have you tried wiggling the usb cable where it plugs in to the unit? Only because (as youre probably aware) mine had intermittent issues and it was the mini-usb socket.  

dont think it is the usb as the pc picks it up as soon as it is plugged in - just shows it with zero chips hashing

I need to look and see if this is the one I had replaced or if this is one of the ones I have had the whole time.

Here is what cg miner shows when it is plugged in

Here is the video - look at top left - the light is different just slightly - not sure if the light flashing a different color than it used to means anything.
https://streamable.com/2ex4be

i'd actually try to rule out the USB cause i think that might be it.

i had a similar issue with mine. I didn't think it was the USB cause on windows it made the USB sound whenever i plugged in & i was able to initialize mining, but it always crashed immediately after. tried different PSUs computers...i eventually got a Pi cause I thought it was a straight up windows thing then got a similar issue on the Pi. Instead of hashing, i just got a "zero chips found" notice. unfortunately i don't recall if it looked similar to your screen but I only had 1 running around that time so that could be why it closed after.

I resolved it by opened everything up and just cleaning it out a bit.  I applied a bit of pressure on the USB area and cleaned it with a tiny bit of ISO. "bro science" as hell but it seemed to work and then i have had no issues since.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
Yea that top left one is constantly flashing like a strobe. Not just for share submissions.

yea - just dont know if that means something specifically.

Personally I’ve never seen that before. I had newpacs occasionally have the share submission led stay lit constantly but never seen/heard of your particular case before.
legendary
Yea that top left one is constantly flashing like a strobe. Not just for share submissions.

yea - just dont know if that means something specifically.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Hello, please, I'm trying to start mining with newpac, I've been trying to connect to a swimming pool for 5 days, but unsuccessfully. Can someone write me detailed instructions on how to do this. Thank you
What pool are you trying to use? Did you see my above reply? Other than that, 1st page of this thread should have all the information you need.

Um, what web translator are you using? 1st it thinks 'mining' is 'tow' or 'towing', now it suggests using 'swimming pool' instead of 'mining pool'... Cheesy
Activity: 2
Hello, please, I'm trying to start mining with newpac, I've been trying to connect to a swimming pool for 5 days, but unsuccessfully. Can someone write me detailed instructions on how to do this. Thank you
legendary
Have you tried wiggling the usb cable where it plugs in to the unit? Only because (as youre probably aware) mine had intermittent issues and it was the mini-usb socket.  

dont think it is the usb as the pc picks it up as soon as it is plugged in - just shows it with zero chips hashing

I need to look and see if this is the one I had replaced or if this is one of the ones I have had the whole time.

Here is what cg miner shows when it is plugged in

Here is the video - look at top left - the light is different just slightly - not sure if the light flashing a different color than it used to means anything.
https://streamable.com/2ex4be
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Hello, I am a newcomer to the tow, I bought a newpac, can you advise me what pool you are using and how to start towing.
well thank you
Well for one you of course need a Bitcoin wallet and an address from it to receive rewards.

That said, considering these are made for solo aka 'lottery' mining there are really only 2 choices for pools to solo mine at:
My personal choice would be KanoPool with its 0.9% for normal pooled mining 🐈  and Solo 0.5% fee, Kano's thread and link to the pool is here. Yes you have to register for KanoPool but that gives you access to excellent stats for tracking the miner performance. I might add that Sidehack uses KanoPool for all burn-in testing of his gear  Wink

Your other choice is -ck's solo-only pool but he charges a 2% fee if you find a block, his thread and link to pool is here. Minimal stats provided and no historical data is kept.
Activity: 2

Hello, I am a newcomer to the tow, I bought a newpac, can you advise me what pool you are using and how to start towing.
well thank you
Hi  a newbie to mining

I purchased a gekko newpac with a powered hub and cooling ..

Using cg miner 4.11.1

Tried on windows with zadiq

tried with linux
tried with mac
tried with raspberry

And even without the hub incase it was power related to the hub
tried different freq with --gekko-newpac-freq

And i get the same 0 chips found and i get no further

Am i doing something consistently wrong Huh

What cgminer did you use? The standard one or the one developed for this device (link in the first page of this thread).
Activity: 1
Hi  a newbie to mining

I purchased a gekko newpac with a powered hub and cooling ..

Using cg miner 4.11.1

Tried on windows with zadiq

tried with linux
tried with mac
tried with raspberry

And even without the hub incase it was power related to the hub
tried different freq with --gekko-newpac-freq

And i get the same 0 chips found and i get no further

Am i doing something consistently wrong Huh

gvb
Activity: 140
Merit: 9
no kidding.

I thought the 4 legs are just placement thingies and that the rest power/data went over the 5 mini legs.

those 5 are still intact but I'm not sure if they still touch enough.

can I measure the powerlegs with some other soldering on the back of the board?

I'm from Belgium so I don't know how much shipping would be to your end.

I'll first see if that port still gives power.

Edit: ok, rushing at 8am wasn't smart. I connected the usb wire and plugged in the psu power cable and only got a flash of the orange led.

turn out that the end of the usb cable was touching the metal plate where the fan grill is screwed onto.

good news is that the pc psu is dead but the device still works with a general 12V power supply.

how much amps does it maximum pull so that I can use an adapter that's strong enough until I fixed another pc psu?

Edit 2: the atx psu works again. it seems to be blocked for a while (thermal protection or caps that were not fully unloaded?)

Thursday morning I'm alone here in the office and I'll have another attempt with the connector soldering.

By the way does anyone know what those 4 or 5 big pins are on the top left of the board? seems like that fits mini usb break out boards but I don't know if that is related to that usb port.
Activity: 882
Merit: 5814
not your keys, not your coins!
I placed it back on the board and soldered 2 of the side legs so that it's stuck again.
The side legs are just power, data is in the centre.
You'll need to have it repaired (or do it yourself) but make sure not to short the data lines, they go directly into the FTDI chip.

If the port ripped off though, it's possible the data pads are gone or even the traces, so best would be a picture.

As I mentioned before, I offer to do little electronic repairs if it's inside EU Smiley
gvb
Activity: 140
Merit: 9
Hello,

today I moved my R606 a bit and suddenly the mini usb connector came of the pcb and it was still attached to the cable.

cheap soldering with on top only connector Wink

I placed it back on the board and soldered 2 of the side legs so that it's stuck again.

But now my R606 isn't detected anymore.

The speed buttons still seems to work as the leds change tho.

I guess the small usb port is the mining port and the big port an additional 5V usb powering port?

Could it be that something shorted while the connector came off and how can I tell what's still working and what not?

Activity: 882
Merit: 5814
not your keys, not your coins!
OK so had a couple of hours to try and fix the f**k up I made before. Just plugged her in and shes working. I'm very surprised the magic smoke didnt come out.
Glad to hear that, good job!
Activity: 28
Why on earth do so many folks point to Amazon, eBay et al for components? God only knows what quality they are - odds are, not the best...
There are plenty of real component distributors in the world such as Mouser, DigiKey, Newark, etc. that sell top-quality components made by trustworthy manufacturers and sold at a very decent price.

Stuff from Amazon et al are so cheap for a very good reason...

Well, mostly because we don't have access otherwise.  I live in a fairly populated area and to this day, after 8 years, I can't find anyone that will supply or fix small electronics.  Just sad, but, on the other hand its forced me to learn how to diy
Pages:
Jump to: