Pages:
Author

Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017] - page 5. (Read 140378 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Awesome miner, works perfect! I have a question: what is the difference between ethash.cl, ethash-new.cl and ethash-genoil.cl? I've tried all of them but only ethash.cl works under Win10. Cheers!
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Stay away from nanopool and monero mining, there is high difficulty. You can mine more XMR with other pools. Second reason, nanopool became more like megapool - it's too big for network.

This is not correct for the size of nanopool ....see here: http://minexmr.com/pools.html

But right:

Here are some pools with their difficulty........ and nanopool has the highest and static difficulty

Nanopool: Share difficulty is static and equal to 120000

dwarfpool: 100000 for high-end CPU and GPU-Rigs

minexmr: Difficulty: 35000 Description: SSL port for Claymore

monero-crypto-pool.fr: Difficulty: 50000 Customs Difficulty Accepted: Append +DIFF Mining Address Description: SSL Port Stratum
Activity: 1
Stay away from nanopool and monero mining, there is high difficulty. You can mine more XMR with other pools. Second reason, nanopool became more like megapool - it's too big for network.

@Wolf: Best miner I've used, thank you! Btw: Is there any chance that you will release new version of sgminer-gm? 
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Is this miner works OK with nanopool? I've tried one, but the accepted shares log updates surprisingly slowly - about 1 share per minute.

It may help if you are more specific about which coin it is you are mining on Nanopool. I use sgminer on Mining Pool Hub, to mine Monero, and it runs smoothly without any problems. Maybe try a different pool and see if there is an improvement.
Activity: 55
Is this miner works OK with nanopool? I've tried one, but the accepted shares log updates surprisingly slowly - about 1 share per minute.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Hi,

due to the tipps and hints i found here i'd like to share my results and settings:

Mining XMR at Nanopool

Rig one:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
AMD-Driver 15.300.1025.1001
SGMiner-GM 5.5.5-8

2 * R9 270 2G
(sapphire)  ri:340 ws:4 gt:2     345 H/s each
1 * HD 7850 2G (XFX) ri:256 ws:4 gt:2     320 H/s
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Rig total 1010 H/s
---- with Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v10.2    ------------------------- Rig total 1230 H/s

Rig two:

Windows 7 Home Ultimate 64 bit
AMD-Driver 15.300.1025.0
SGMiner-GM 5.5.5-8

4 * HD 7850 2G  ( HIS ICEQ X) ri:256 ws:4 gt:2     330 H/s each
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rig total 1320 H/s
---- with Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v10.2    -------------------------- Rig total 1625 H/s

Rig three:

Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
AMD-Driver 21.19.155.257 (6 GPU-Patch)
SGMiner-GM 5.5.5-8

6 * HD 7790 1G (HIS/ASUS/XFX) ri:192 ws:4 gt:2     204 H/s each
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Rig total 1230 H/s
---- with Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v9.7        ------------------------- Rig total 1200 H/s

---------------------> All rigs : 3560 H/s
---------------------> Power at the wall: 1240 watt
---------with-------> All rigs : 4050 H/s
----- claymore-----> Power at the wall: 1215 watt

Have a nice day
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
What's up with the crazy high rejects rates?
Hashing Cryptonight I'm getting 5+% of rejected shares on various pools/coins on this miner, while the GG pre6 rarely goes above 3% rejects.

No problems here.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
What's up with the crazy high rejects rates?
Hashing Cryptonight I'm getting 5+% of rejected shares on various pools/coins on this miner, while the GG pre6 rarely goes above 3% rejects.
Activity: 55
This miner ignores '--name' parameter. It unconditionally uses the first pool from a config file, regardless of having other elements of 'pools' array.
I have 5 cards on my system.  R9 270, rx 570, (2) rx 470, rx 480.  No matter what I do, one card will always fail except the r9 270.  It starts every single time.  I get Gpu X failed, disabled.  Any tips?  The only time I don't get a failure is if I have just the r9 270 and one other card connected.  I'm running windows 10.  I have used drivers 16.9.2, the block chain drivers, and the latest amd drivers.

Thanks,

hmmm... are you sure you are pushing correct configurations to the right cards?
this is how I configure my single 370 among the 470s :
            "rawintensity": "512,512,512,512,384",
            "worksize": "4,4,4,4,10"
I'm not sure what's up, but looks awesome.
Just upgraded my gg hashing XMR with the latest (5.5.5) and I'm seeing about 3% rates increase also 0 rejects...

NO_SUBMIT_STALE WORKS FOR ME--

I had a few rejects daily and noticed that they were mostly stale shares.  After setting "no_submit_stale": true", I had virtually no rejects, and no hardware errors.  Apparently, hardware errors were an issue early on in SGminer-GM development, but with my posted config, the rigs mine CryptoNight for days with low watts and no rejects or errors.

--scryptr

well. thanks a lot for this! was actually going to edit my post and report lots of rejects:)
will test with no stale submissions now

EDIT: you seem to be right, my rejects just went away completely.  also it's likely that these settings could be better for polaris:            
            "rawintensity": "504", "worksize": "4", "gpu-threads": "2" (or "rawintensity": "512")
legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028
Just upgraded my gg hashing XMR with the latest (5.5.5) and I'm seeing about 3% rates increase also 0 rejects...

NO_SUBMIT_STALE WORKS FOR ME--

I had a few rejects daily and noticed that they were mostly stale shares.  After setting "no_submit_stale": true", I had virtually no rejects, and no hardware errors.  Apparently, hardware errors were an issue early on in SGminer-GM development, but with my posted config, the rigs mine CryptoNight for days with low watts and no rejects or errors.

--scryptr
Activity: 29
6990 XMR Config  Huh driver  Huh

AN AMD 6990 IS HARD TO FIND--

I certainly do not own one.  I did post a good start configuration, and would suggest the latest drivers that support the venerable 6990.  With 1536 shaders X 2 (it is a dual 6970 card), it should still mine like a beast.  Good Luck!       --scryptr

It could be fast. But the power consumption could be high.
legendary

AN AMD 6990 IS HARD TO FIND--

I certainly do not own one.  I did post a good start configuration, and would suggest the latest drivers that support the venerable 6990.  With 1536 shaders X 2 (it is a dual 6970 card), it should still mine like a beast.  Good Luck!       --scryptr
legendary
CRYPTONIGHT IS CURRENTLY A TOP EARNER--

I have modified my configuration for mining CryptoNight with SGminer-GM.  It is posted on page 27, post #527.  Here is the link:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18001191

I mine with a variety of different AMD and nVidia cards.  With SGminer-GM for AMD and CCminer v2.2.1 (tpruvot) for nVidia, I mine CryptoNight at about 1/2 the wattage required to mine Equihash algo, and less than 1/2 the wattage required for Claymore's Dual Miner.       --scryptr
Activity: 16
Activity: 13
I have 5 cards on my system.  R9 270, rx 570, (2) rx 470, rx 480.  No matter what I do, one card will always fail except the r9 270.  It starts every single time.  I get Gpu X failed, disabled.  Any tips?  The only time I don't get a failure is if I have just the r9 270 and one other card connected.  I'm running windows 10.  I have used drivers 16.9.2, the block chain drivers, and the latest amd drivers.

Thanks,
Activity: 417
Merit: 105
Hey guys,

So i was using this miner to mine XMR and had it running on rI 950 and -g 2  and was getting a stable 910 h/s per RX 580,  but then i did something and the miner crashed and the windows 10 said, "preventing sgminer from accessing your hardware"

Since that moment, the exact same settings yield a 400 h/s rate and doesn't work properly... Anyone have a clue what happened??  

I still get around 800h/s using 512 intensity but for some reason raising the intensity now just DROPS the hashrate instead of raising it...

would be super grateful for any responses

higher intensity also works for raising hashrate with -g 1 now but no longer with -g 2 and with -g 1 the hashrate is still kinda lowish at 800h/s with 1000 intensity

edit: this has been driving me nuts for 3 days now and i cannot for the life of me figure out what went wrong all of a sudden, at one point i also got some sort of error which said lack of memory or something along those lines

edit #2:  now my eth hashrate is lower as well all of a sudden
Activity: 47
I suppose you should take a stratum proxy to deal with dwarf implementation of stratum protocol.
Pages:
Jump to: