Pages:
Author

Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017] - page 4. (Read 140411 times)

legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
[18:21:13] Error -4 while attempting to enqueue kernel 0.
[18:21:13] GPU 3 failure, disabling!
[18:21:13] GPU 0 failure, disabling!
[18:21:13] GPU 2 failure, disabling!
[18:21:13] GPU 1 failure, disabling!
Any idea whats wrong?
4*470 under Win7 and blockchain driver from 27/07, sgminer 5.5.5-gm
"profiles":
    [
        {
            "name": "xmr",
            "algorithm": "cryptonight",
            "rawintensity": "832",
            "worksize": "8",
            "gpu-threads": "1"
        }
    ],
    "default-profile": "xmr",
    "no-extranonce": true,
    "gpu-platform": "0"
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Is it possible to make this miner run Zero coin with equihash chosen parameters: N=192, K=7 ? I try to edit number N and K in equihash-param.h file, but not work.

Zero https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-zero-fork-of-zcash-with-harder-mining-params-1796036
Activity: 714
Merit: 512
NICEHASH HAS RELEASED UPDATES--

The latest update is SGminer-GM-5.5.5-8, modified to work on the NiceHash pool.  My finicky RX 460 cards run smoothly on it, as do my RX 470 cards.  Here is my configuration file:

<=======CUT LINE=======>

{
    "pools": [{
        "url": "cryptonight.usa.nicehash.com:3355",
        "user": "YOURBTCADDRESS.WORKER",
        "pass": "x"
    },
    {
        "url": "cryptonight.eu.nicehash.com:3355",
    }],
    "profiles": [{
        "gpu-threads": "1",
        "rawintensity": "1016"
    }],
    "no-extranonce": false,
    "no-submit-stale": true,
    "api-listen": true,
    "api-port": 4028,
    "api-mcast-port": 4028,
    "api-allow": "W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.1.1/24",
    "temp-cutoff": "85",
    "temp-overheat": "80"
}

Thanks your settings were helpful in getting my RX480s running well =)

I suppose my only "issue" is that I simply can't seem to get past 600 H/S on my RX480 cards... I have tried the XMR-STAK program as well as SGMINER with the same config as yours.

SGMINER is running cooler, though, and my fans aren't as loud.
Activity: 34
@Genesis-Mining, @scryptr

Hello

I have two "old" 7850 2GB cards + laptop which I want to mine XMR with.
Ppl said they had better hashrate with SGminer than Claymore but for me this is not the case and I am thinking I might be doing something wrong.

I tried XMR-Stak too and used those values for SGminer.

7850: 16 CU, 1024 GCN cores. 2GB ram. XMR-Stak say memory is 1216 and sets intensity to 512. Claymore to sets intensity to 512 and gets about 410H/s per card where SGMiner gives about 350
7590m: 5 CU, 384 GCN cores. 2GB ram. XMR-stak say memory is 1395 and sets intensity to 680. Claymore sets intensity to 160 and gets 80-90H/s where SGMiner gives 60 (with i=680 w=8 thr=1).

Why is'nt the full 2GB available? I understand if some headroom is needed from the 2GB so 1024 intensity would'nt be possible but still...

What would the optimal settings for these cards and SGminer be?

Another general question: Could this miner be changed for OpenCl 1.2 so Intel and older AMD CPUs could run it. (are there some major differences in openCl 2 and 1.2?)

I just tried something quick for the laptop and i=160 (the value claymore use) w=4 and gpu-theads=3 gave me +80H/s.
Activity: 714
Merit: 512
NICEHASH HAS RELEASED UPDATES--

The latest update is SGminer-GM-5.5.5-8, modified to work on the NiceHash pool.  My finicky RX 460 cards run smoothly on it, as do my RX 470 cards.  Here is my configuration file:

<=======CUT LINE=======>

{
    "pools": [{
        "url": "cryptonight.usa.nicehash.com:3355",
    },
    {
        "url": "cryptonight.eu.nicehash.com:3355",
    }],
    "profiles": [{
        "gpu-threads": "1",
        "rawintensity": "1016"
    }],
    "no-extranonce": false,
    "no-submit-stale": true,
    "api-listen": true,
    "api-port": 4028,
    "api-mcast-port": 4028,
    "api-allow": "W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.1.1/24",
    "temp-cutoff": "85",
    "temp-overheat": "80"
}

Thanks your settings were helpful in getting my RX480s running well =)
I like SGminer-GM a lot, and my R9 and R7 cards do well with it.  I have nothing older to test.  Smaller values for work size, threads, and Raw Intensity may help.  And, cruel as it may seem, eBay may help earn you credit for newer GPUs.  Good Luck!       --scryptr

Well the R7 265 is a rebranded 7850 and the R7 270 a rebranded 7870.

Cryptonight is about two things. 1. Reading and writing to 2MB memorychunk very fast. 2. Doing AES very fast. That's why I like cryptonight: it runs well on cpus.
My Ryzen 7 do about 700H/s on 8 threads compared to the massive amount of cores running parallel on a GPU for instance.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

Hello

Ppl said they had better hashrate with SGminer than Claymore but for me this is not the case and I am thinking I might be doing something wrong.

7850: 16 CU, 1024 GCN cores. 2GB ram. XMR-Stak say memory is 1216 and sets intensity to 512. Claymore to sets intensity to 512 and gets about 410H/s per card where SGMiner gives about 350
7590m: 5 CU, 384 GCN cores. 2GB ram. XMR-stak say memory is 1395 and sets intensity to 680. Claymore sets intensity to 160 and gets 80-90H/s where SGMiner gives 60.

Why is'nt the full 2GB available? I understand if some headroom is needed from the 2GB so 1024 intensity would'nt be possible but still...

Another general question: Could this miner be changed for OpenCl 1.2 so Intel and older AMD CPUs could run it. (are there some major differences in openCl 2 and 1.2?)

WOLF0 HAS LEFT THE PROJECT--

I am flattered to be mentioned as if I was a primary in the coding of SGminer-GM.  But, mostly I have been posting advice already given by the code authors.  I will try an analogy of my own here, though.  If circuit boards are like "electrical plumbing", older boards do not have the piping to process the electrical flow as efficiently as newer boards.  The result is a slower computing process.  No amount of software will completely make up for the physical limitations of the older circuits.

I like SGminer-GM a lot, and my R9 and R7 cards do well with it.  I have nothing older to test.  Smaller values for work size, threads, and Raw Intensity may help.  And, cruel as it may seem, eBay may help earn you credit for newer GPUs.  Good Luck!       --scryptr
Hi,

due to the tipps and hints i found here i'd like to share my results and settings:

Mining XMR at Nanopool

Rig one:

2 * R9 270 2G
(sapphire)  ri:340 ws:4 gt:2     345 H/s each
1 * HD 7850 2G (XFX) ri:256 ws:4 gt:2     320 H/s
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Rig total 1010 H/s
---- with Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v10.2    ------------------------- Rig total 1230 H/s

Rig two:

4 * HD 7850 2G  ( HIS ICEQ X) ri:256 ws:4 gt:2     330 H/s each
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rig total 1320 H/s
---- with Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v10.2    -------------------------- Rig total 1625 H/s

Rig three:

6 * HD 7790 1G (HIS/ASUS/XFX) ri:192 ws:4 gt:2     204 H/s each
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Rig total 1230 H/s
---- with Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v9.7        ------------------------- Rig total 1200 H/s

---------------------> All rigs : 3560 H/s
---------------------> Power at the wall: 1240 watt
---------with-------> All rigs : 4050 H/s
----- claymore-----> Power at the wall: 1215 watt

Have a nice day

Well you are loosing 50-70H/s per card compared to Claymore...

Hello

7590m: 5 CU, 384 GCN cores. 2GB ram. XMR-stak say memory is 1395 and sets intensity to 680. Claymore sets intensity to 160 and gets 80-90H/s where SGMiner gives 60.

Activity: 857
Merit: 262
Any Plans for this to get updated?

I really has remarkable speeds, it would be nice if GPU overclocking functions would work and the right data for each gpu would be displayed.

well... that would be nice, but I don't see it happening... probably the new AMD API makes it even less likely.
also the real thing here is the kernels, which are well optimized for a public miner.
I'm still using SGM for XMR, while doing cards config in overdriven tool.
Activity: 327
Merit: 100
Any Plans for this to get updated?

I really has remarkable speeds, it would be nice if GPU overclocking functions would work and the right data for each gpu would be displayed.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
I've been having stability issues using Claymore CryptoNote so I wanted to try out SGMiner.

I'm trying to config sgminer 5.5.5 in Simplemining OS for my rigs.  It looks like it is using the commandline to pass in arguments. In SMOS the default is:

--no-submit-stale --kernel cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://cryptonight.usa.nicehash.com:3355 -u [yourwallet].$rigName -p x --rawintensity 1000 -w 8 --text-only

I would like to change the rawintensity, worksize etc to be optimized for my miners. I have two different setups, either RX 570 4G or RX580 8G.

For the RX570 4G I'm trying to pass a --rawintensity 512 --worksize 4. For the RX580 8G, I'm trying to pass --rawintensity 1152 --worksize 8.

However, when I do this, I see no chanage in performance. Also, when it initializes, I don't see any values changing, just shows: Initialising kernel cryptonight.cl with nfactor 10, n 1024

Right now I'm only hashing at 480H/s on the 570 and 677H/s on the RX580. With Claymore I was getting 630H/s and 740H/s respectively.

I've also seen people change the gpu-threads to 2. Does this matter on the RX570 or RX580 cards? Should I be changing these values too?

Thanks.

USE A CONFIGURATION FILE--

A good configuration file is described a page or so back.  Your RawIntensity values are too high, and 4 is too many threads. There are examples posted by the code authors earlier in this thread.  Stick with 1 or 2 threads, 504 or 508 RI, or 1012 or 1016 RI with 1 thread.       --scryptr
Activity: 16
I've been having stability issues using Claymore CryptoNote so I wanted to try out SGMiner.

I'm trying to config sgminer 5.5.5 in Simplemining OS for my rigs.  It looks like it is using the commandline to pass in arguments. In SMOS the default is:

--no-submit-stale --kernel cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://cryptonight.usa.nicehash.com:3355 -u [yourwallet].$rigName -p x --rawintensity 1000 -w 8 --text-only

I would like to change the rawintensity, worksize etc to be optimized for my miners. I have two different setups, either RX 570 4G or RX580 8G.

For the RX570 4G I'm trying to pass a --rawintensity 512 --worksize 4. For the RX580 8G, I'm trying to pass --rawintensity 1152 --worksize 8.

However, when I do this, I see no chanage in performance. Also, when it initializes, I don't see any values changing, just shows: Initialising kernel cryptonight.cl with nfactor 10, n 1024

Right now I'm only hashing at 480H/s on the 570 and 677H/s on the RX580. With Claymore I was getting 630H/s and 740H/s respectively.

I've also seen people change the gpu-threads to 2. Does this matter on the RX570 or RX580 cards? Should I be changing these values too?

Thanks.
Activity: 158
Sorry,

its correct setx not set_x as i stated !
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Hi,

i get my 7790 (six cards) running with windows 7 without no problems.
At the moment i'am using claymores miner, but i remember sg.5.5.5 was running on my rig too !

but you have to set or set_x

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

before in the bat or cmd file !

I've not used "set_x" so don't know what that will do.
This is how I have it setup and it works just fine mining the likes of Sumokoin, SmartCash, ZCash, Monero and Digibyte..to name but a phew !

Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EDIT: This is for SGminer, put it in the .bat file.
Activity: 158
Hi,

i get my 7790 (six cards) running with windows 7 without no problems.
At the moment i'am using claymores miner, but i remember sg.5.5.5 was running on my rig too !

but you have to set or set_x

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

before in the bat or cmd file !
Activity: 1
Hey guys, I have been trying to decipher this thread to get some cards running without much luck.

I am trying to get some old cards running with sgminer. The standard ubuntu 16.04 sgminer 5.5.5 tutorial works for my 7790s but nothing else (I believe opencl 2.0 is to blame since all other cards are opencl 1.2). I am looking for a way to get the rest running. I am trying xubuntu 14.04.4 (found out 14.04.5 does not work with old drivers) right now. I also am trying windows 7 with 15.12 drivers. I get a strange error about not setting the GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS is not specified. Also error -11.

I am just trying to get the radeon hd 7000 cards running now...then I will work on the 6000 and 5000.

If anyone knows of any tutorials for correct installation of sgminer on windows 7 (or if you know if the win build document is still relevant after two years) I would appreciate the information.

Also drivers that work on ubuntu with sgminer and support 7000 series cards would also help as well. I appears 14.6 and 14.9 given in a few guides are no longer accessible.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out. I really appreciate it.
Activity: 232
Card identities are not equal in windows, sgminer and AB. Why not to try overclock cards with sgminer config file?
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
I think I have a bit of a problem with SGminer fan/hashrate reporting, can anyone help ?

I have a 6 card setup and I use Afterburner to set the votlage & OC settings.
The problem, if it is one, is trying to identify which card is which in SGminer.

I tried by increasing the fan speed in AB and seeing which GPU fan in SGminer increased thus identifying the GPU associated with AB, but I don't think this worked as when I increased the memory clock (of the GPU I just increased the fan speed of) a different GPU hashrate increased !
Am I just imagining it or is the reported fan speeds and hashrates of the GUPs sort of mixed up ?

Activity: 20
Awesome miner, works perfect! I have a question: what is the difference between ethash.cl, ethash-new.cl and ethash-genoil.cl? I've tried all of them but only ethash.cl works under Win10. Cheers!

Please, anyone got some info?
Pages:
Jump to: