Pages:
Author

Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017] - page 6. (Read 140378 times)

Activity: 430
Merit: 254
I keep getting this error when trying to mine ETC:

[13:36:47] Initialising kernel ethash.cl with nfactor 10, n 1024
[13:36:54] Error -4: Setting args for the DAG kernel and/or executing it.
[13:36:54] Error: clSetKernelArg of all params failed.
[13:36:54] GPU 0 failure, disabling!

I searched around but can't seem to find any info on a fix.

I am using Win7x64Pro w/ driver 17.4.4. Card is a 580 8GB.

I have tried removing the standard envars:

(
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
)

It complained about GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS and GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT not being set and gave the same error (-4)...so I re-set those two but still no change.
I tried differing/lowering worksize (from 192) and xintensity (from 1024)...no change.
I also tried setting gpu-platform 0 (from -1) and changing gpu-map 1:0 and device # (I also have a 2GB 270 in the system as primary card) but still same issue.

Interestingly, when I start it on the other device (the 270), the program starts fine, and I actually get a few hundred khash, even though that card doesn't have enough memory for the DAG. I don't understand how that's even possible.

Any ideas on cause/solution for this error?

btw the miner works fine for mining zcash albeit with a low sol rate.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
@Wolf0 and everyone else

Great work guys, I really thought the sgminer project was dead and I do remember Wolf saying it should be re-written from group-up (this was like 2 years ago).
We really need an open source miner like sgminer which can be easily adapted and modified with various kernels and features.

I tried the version you posted here and I got about 200 H/s from my 280X vs 295 HS/s with Claymore (Zcash) . Shame , I would have loved to use sgminer again, especially since I poked my nose in its original git as well.
legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028
Noob question

is this miner only for amd/ati cards?

HONESTLY, I HAVE NOT TRIED--

But I have been looking at your post for two weeks, and I'll answer.  It may work on nVidia, some SGminer variations do.  It will not damage your cards to try.

Some SGminer coders very carefully program in code compatible with both AMD and nVidia cards.  Tpruvot has an SGminer that works with both varieties.       --scryptr
Activity: 66
Merit: 2
Noob question

is this miner only for amd/ati cards?
Activity: 49
Does anybody have a link to an example of a  /home/ethos/local.conf mining skein? Trying to mine dgb-skein.theblocksfactory.com using sgminer-gm but I can't figure it out.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
I am mining music, works just fine, same setup as for ether ...
Looks stupidly, but....can you share your config?
Seems, I'm doith whats something wrong - eth works "from box", but when I change pool to music, miner writes that it cann't find server that get work...
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
Only drawback I see that this piece of Hardware is the delivery time. It looks like if you go on there and Order you're waiting at least six weeks. Seems like a nice piece of Hardware seems like it's going to get to you just a little bit too late.
It is possible to mine ethereum fork with this miner (NOT ethereum classic, something like music, expance etc)? I tried, but miner not start. Also I read --help output, but dont find there noone relates to ethereum forks.

Btw, 280x gives me 13mh on ethereum(on cm, I think, there will be around 11mh), so this is good OS software...sadly that no much popular.

Yes - ethash is ethash.

I am mining music, works just fine, same setup as for ether ...
Hello to everyone, one question if someone have solution ...

i am runing sgminer on xubuntu 16.04.2 (4.4 kernel) with 16.40 amdgpu-pro drivers, everything running smooth, stable, hashrates good. but i would reeeealy like to see card temps in software.

any idea ? solution ? magic ? i am out of ideas ...

Cheers  Grin

SGMiner-GM should show them just fine - but not with 4.4.

Yes i have figure all out, all fixed now, running it on 4.11 kernel, also fan controls works fine etc ... i will try to setup everything on server now to build all as tiny as possible, u have plans to add pascal kernel ?

Cheers,
Activity: 78
It is possible to mine ethereum fork with this miner (NOT ethereum classic, something like music, expance etc)? I tried, but miner not start. Also I read --help output, but dont find there noone relates to ethereum forks.

Btw, 280x gives me 13mh on ethereum(on cm, I think, there will be around 11mh), so this is good OS software...sadly that no much popular.
Activity: 29
i'm using version 5.5.5, and i'm trying to use ethash-genoil kernel
but miner won't start accepting shares

here is a screenshot:

https://ibb.co/bvPS9k

the reported hashrate is also strange.. i'm running 8 rx480

what can i do?  Huh thanks guys

Code:
@echo off
echo "starting up sgminer"

@setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
@setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
@setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
@setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Call :start

pause
GOTO ENDE

:start

@set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT = 100

DEL /F *.bin
sgminer.exe -c sgminer-eth.conf
EXIT /B 0

:ENDE

Code:
{
  "pools": [
    {
      "name":"hashbag.cc",
      "priority": "0",
      "url": "eth-eu2.nanopool.org:9999",
      "user": "wallet.worker/email",
      "pass": "x",
      "profile": "eth"
    }
  ],
  "profiles": [
    {
      "name": "eth",
      "algorithm": "ethash-genoil",
      "shaders": "2304",
      "xintensity": "1024"
    }
  ],
  "kernel-path": "kernel",
  "default-profile": "eth",
  "failover-only": true,
  "failover-switch-delay": "60",
  "gpu-dyninterval": "11",
  "queue": "2",
  "quiet": false,
  "expiry": "90",
  "scan-time": "20"
}
Hello to everyone, one question if someone have solution ...

i am runing sgminer on xubuntu 16.04.2 (4.4 kernel) with 16.40 amdgpu-pro drivers, everything running smooth, stable, hashrates good. but i would reeeealy like to see card temps in software.

any idea ? solution ? magic ? i am out of ideas ...

Cheers  Grin
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Hi I'm running win 7 and never really had any problems with sgminer but now when I try to run it I get api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll try re-installing the program I google it and can seem to find this dll does anyone know what program in win 7 I can install reinstall I have nothing on this PC it's a miner thanks

theres ur problem, run the windows updates till u cant no more then try again
im going to update now than restart maybe my previous miner has something hung up thank you

edit I tried updating no luck
Activity: 285
Merit: 105
Hi I'm running win 7 and never really had any problems with sgminer but now when I try to run it I get api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll try re-installing the program I google it and can seem to find this dll does anyone know what program in win 7 I can install reinstall I have nothing on this PC it's a miner thanks

theres ur problem, run the windows updates till u cant no more then try again
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Activity: 55
Is this miner good enough for groestlcoin? If yes, which settings are optimal?
Now I get 19 Mh/s on RX 480 4 Gb with the following settings:
Code:

"algorithm": "groestlcoin",
            "intensity": "20",
            "worksize": "256",
            "gpu-threads": "1",
            "thread-concurrency": "8192"
Activity: 112
Can anybody confirm here if this SGMINER in Linux suffers the slow-down with a new DAG of the RX series ?

Apparently there is talks that this issue only affects Claymore's software.

See this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3XOtQtFKSQ&feature=youtu.be&t=978

False, can confirm it's affected.

Strange since the guy tested it out and replied

"Yes, it works fine with SGMiner in Linux, Claymore working with AMD directly to address. Bottom line, SGMiner does not experience the issue."

Also, Claymore is working with AMD directly to address? That fool is more full of shit than a sewer.

Heya - this is Carter from BBT ; so what you're telling me is I need to reach back out to Roy and Joerg and ask wtf and point him back to this thread?

Bottom line, when this issue was reported, I reached out to Roy Taylor directly and asked what (AMD) were going to do about this issue, as I can not to this day believe this is an issue with their hardware, however I can believe they may have to address in a driver/firmware. Also I wanted to make sure their leadership was acutely aware of the situation. Roy is an RVP, which normally wouldn't dick with any of this stuff, however what he would dick with is a potential huge loss if they (AMD) really did invest capital building RX470 mining cards.Ultimately it could cause them to have a metric shit ton on the shelf with this issue. That kinda talk normally gets an RVP motivated to poke the engineers, which in this case Joerg responded with what I showed in our episode.

Now I clarified in that episode BBT (us, had not independently verified the words), however, we were taking some serious stock in AMD saying there was a path. That being said, I did mention in the video for the community to fact check the statement which is sounding like you have. We have built an ubuntu image and are going to test the latest SG branch and  replicate the same findings you have. Additionally, I will point AMD leadership back to this thread and ask wtf as this affects everyone if this continues to be a genuine issue.

In closing, we are trying to get an answer to this just like everyone else. We will ensure once we get a response it is shared.  

Too many words needed. BBT is full of bullshit. First make a statement, then promise a video claiming that he has all to test on his USB stick....1 week later no dice

=== bullshit

Thanks for your opinion however out of most people in this industry I have been the most open and transparent across all segments we talk about, period, including and not limited to sharing direct emails from the industry. We did load up SG Miner on several builds and could not validate the claims by AMD that SG Miner too was not experiencing the same issue as claymore. Additionally in the last few video's I have corrected the previous video's discussion and said we were wrong to report as others had validated those claims were false.

Ok but then you need to watch your wordings and not throw information into the space which is not validated.
Activity: 208
Merit: 117
Can anybody confirm here if this SGMINER in Linux suffers the slow-down with a new DAG of the RX series ?

See this

"Yes, it works fine with SGMiner in Linux, Claymore working with AMD directly to address. Bottom line, SGMiner does not experience the issue."

Also, Claymore is working with AMD directly to address? That fool is more full of shit than a sewer.

Heya - this is Carter from BBT ; so what you're telling me is I need to reach back out to Roy and Joerg and ask wtf and point him back to this thread?

Bottom line, when this issue was reported, I reached out to Roy Taylor directly and asked what (AMD) were going to do about this issue, as I can not to this day believe this is an issue with their hardware, however I can believe they may have to address in a driver/firmware. Also I wanted to make sure their leadership was acutely aware of the situation. Roy is an RVP, which normally wouldn't dick with any of this stuff, however what he would dick with is a potential huge loss if they (AMD) really did invest capital building RX470 mining cards.Ultimately it could cause them to have a metric shit ton on the shelf with this issue. That kinda talk normally gets an RVP motivated to poke the engineers, which in this case Joerg responded with what I showed in our episode.

Now I clarified in that episode BBT (us, had not independently verified the words), however, we were taking some serious stock in AMD saying there was a path. That being said, I did mention in the video for the community to fact check the statement which is sounding like you have. We have built an ubuntu image and are going to test the latest SG branch and  replicate the same findings you have. Additionally, I will point AMD leadership back to this thread and ask wtf as this affects everyone if this continues to be a genuine issue.

In closing, we are trying to get an answer to this just like everyone else. We will ensure once we get a response it is shared. 

Too many words needed. BBT is full of bullshit. First make a statement, then promise a video claiming that he has all to test on his USB stick....1 week later no dice

=== bullshit

Thanks for your opinion however out of most people in this industry I have been the most open and transparent across all segments we talk about, period, including and not limited to sharing direct emails from the industry. We did load up SG Miner on several builds and could not validate the claims by AMD that SG Miner too was not experiencing the same issue as claymore. Additionally in the last few video's I have corrected the previous video's discussion and said we were wrong to report as others had validated those claims were false.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
This post it is about mining program not about other question, please open a new post if you wanna talk about other things.
Activity: 112

See this

Now I clarified in that episode BBT (us, had not independently verified the words), however, we were taking some serious stock in AMD saying there was a path. That being said, I did mention in the video for the community to fact check the statement which is sounding like you have. We have built an ubuntu image and are going to test the latest SG branch and  replicate the same findings you have. Additionally, I will point AMD leadership back to this thread and ask wtf as this affects everyone if this continues to be a genuine issue.

=== bullshit
Pages:
Jump to: