Pages:
Author

Topic: Genoil's ZEC miner: AMD ZCash miner for Windows - 0.6 - page 2. (Read 56748 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
@Genoil

I suppose I was one of the 1000 angry miners who switched from your miner to Claymore's Smiley
I just sent 0.1 BTC to your address as a donation. Thanks a lot for putting up with us!

Speak for your self  ( Just KIDDING)  i didn't switch hoping and waiting for another version update , only reason i don't use it because it is to buggie but not angry, I'm only using Claymore because i like windows more then Linux once Silent army V5 comes out I'll use it or this one if there is a stable update or both not Claymore . that's my issue.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
I don't see how the home miner can compete these days, I was on supernova.. there are farms in there 50,000 H/s and one in the 800,000 H/s...home guys are maybe in the 100-500 range...plus factor in the electrical and c component cost you would never make your money back....am I missing something?

As a literal "home miner" for now, I'll just point out that some of US also pay very low electric costs - and have a lot less overhead than the "big farms" so, though not so much on a "per hash" basis.
 Up side, my "labor cost" is free, for some ways of accounting....

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
@Genoil

I suppose I was one of the 1000 angry miners who switched from your miner to Claymore's Smiley
I just sent 0.1 BTC to your address as a donation. Thanks a lot for putting up with us!
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Nice boost in speeds from claymore miner ill be switching back to ETH shortly as zcash expected to drop to 0.1BTC a coin after full bock rewards. It will no doubt drop below this if theirs no adoption of it or use was a nice ride and a good few days extra earnings and no doubt some made their millions with their miners and farms. Only time will see how this goes but all seen is vast dumping and selling out already past lowest price and still tanking down and I doubt its gonna stop anytime soon.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
Two parts:
1.  Disabling Windows' Error Reporting UI so that when the genoil miner crashes it doesn't popup a close window.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting]
"DontShowUI"=dword:00000001
Roll Eyes
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I don't see how the home miner can compete these days, I was on supernova.. there are farms in there 50,000 H/s and one in the 800,000 H/s...home guys are maybe in the 100-500 range...plus factor in the electrical and c component cost you would never make your money back....am I missing something?

But for the 800k farmers, they can produce their own pool. That is more cost friendily for themselves.
Activity: 494
Merit: 500
Activity: 896
Claymore is 10% slower than Genoil for me.
Activity: 254
Merit: 250
ETH miners are already fully optimized, ZEC miners are at the early development stage.  

Pity ZEC price is plummeting...  Cry

True but it's holding around 560 a coin, still some to be made if you have the hash power. maybe by  election day well see it at 160 bucks a pop or less, i hope not but could.

It is possible that the ZCash price will drop further when there are more supplies in the next few months.
legendary
ETH miners are already fully optimized, ZEC miners are at the early development stage.  

Pity ZEC price is plummeting...  Cry

True but it's holding around 560 a coin, still some to be made if you have the hash power. maybe by  election day well see it at 160 bucks a pop or less, i hope not but could.
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
Still 1 of the cards is not working at all...

http://prntscr.com/d3i9nw

how to fix that?
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Hello Genoil. Many of us have old cards AMD HD  69.. Maybe for them to do a miner?It would be great. What do you say? Thank you.
Activity: 438
Claymore miner №1 for now. But I think your next miner will be faster.

Oh the pressure... Grin
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Claymore miner №1 for now. But I think your next miner will be faster.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

Pity ZEC price is plummeting...  Cry
legendary
I know i went the easy way, but good point i should have said that.

your right not much difference between eth and zec i put my 470 back on eth and left my older cards on zec.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
Funny thing, I don't see much difference in revenue on eth vs zec, especially on Rx 470.
zec decreased in price a lot, while eth difficulty almost halved.
i guess, zec is better than eth on old GPUs like 280x and r7 370.

BTW, silentarmy v3 can be installed on Ubuntu 14.04 and 15.10 with a small adjustment.
legendary
Claymore is here, only market share for other dev is now NV Smiley

Have to say that Claymore miner just doubled my speed.

silent army three which Claymore it based off of does to but is Linux and  super easy to install under Ubuntu 16.04 ,SA  V 4 will get  NV support and V 5  for SA is windows support . but  i also hope we get a nice version of this one and  ZEC holds above or at ETH prices so both will be worth making a dual  miner for, when the ride is over .

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/silentarmy-v5-zcash-miner-115-sols-on-r9-nano-70-sols-on-gtx-1070-1666489
Activity: 329
Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money.

Have to say that Claymore miner just doubled my speed.
legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024
Pages:
Jump to: