Pages:
Author

Topic: Genoil's ZEC miner: AMD ZCash miner for Windows - 0.6 - page 3. (Read 56748 times)

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Genoil a v 7 would be great.  claymore is all good, but your flashy colors are better Smiley  plus 2.5% fee and shit lol.  Why dont you give yourself a 1% fee or something, we would not mind at all.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Allllriiiiiggght Smiley After about 16 hours of straight up baller mining with only a couple automatic restarts, I have not had to touch a thing, I think the most stable and best config for speed on a 480 reference card is the following....

Code:
title 480 stable 16.9.2driver
:start
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
genoil.exe -c zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -u xxxxxx.xxxxxxxx -p xxxxxxxxxx -i 20 -w 64 -P 1 -g 0 1 -k zec zec zec zec -f 2
cls
timeout /T 10
goto start

If you are sporting less than a 480 with 8 gb gddr5 you will need to take the number of zec's used down to 2.
HAPPY HASHING!
legendary
Activity: 1274
 for sure you all  want to try https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/silentarmy-v5-zcash-miner-115-sols-on-r9-nano-70-sols-on-gtx-1070-1666489  if your brave enough to deal with installing Ubuntu .

MY 470's  run at the right speeds with it

each cards is doing 41 to 43 sol im hitting 129 sol on three 470  .

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16775688

with modded bios . i think it's a little slower but not much at normal bios .

Claymore does about the same but with a 2.5 % fee sigh I'll be glad when either this one if  updates are done anymore  or silentarmy goes windows, i plan to donate  of my own free will .

Claymore on one of my 370 which is right i was getting that on nice hash last nite i had to go back there for a while my speeds kept dropping etc but nice hash would only use two of my 470 one just sat there did nothing sigh .

ZEC - Total Speed: 33.251 H/s, Total Shares: 36, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:09
ZEC: GPU0 33.251 H/s

R9280 not x i haven't tiried with silentamry but it should be about the same .
ZEC - Total Speed: 45.780 H/s, Total Shares: 2, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:00
ZEC: GPU0 45.780 H/s

6 cards 242 KH/s
thanks top ,
legendary
Activity: 1274
too bad I have to stay with windows, coz I undervolt all my cards, can linux do that? if so I will spend the weekend to change

you can in Ubuntu from what i read while installing silentarmy , I like windows so much easy to move around and do stuff so il use windows with Claymore till either this one is updated or silentarmy runs on windows and deal with that 2.5 % fee.

thanks top ,
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money.
too bad I have to stay with windows, coz I undervolt all my cards, can linux do that? if so I will spend the weekend to change
Activity: 168
Alright sounds good. Thank you so much for all your help!
is it much easier to just disable the Error reporting and use a simple bat file like
Code:
:restart
taskkill /F /IM genoil.exe
start /wait genoil.exe -c pool address -u username -p password -i 20 -w 128 -P 0 -k zec -g 0 1 -f 2
goto restart
pause

so for whatever reason the program get killed, it will restart again, any flaw in my approach?
Just want to make sure my miners are running continuously  Cheesy

Youu need to disable popup windows with "close" button which appears on crash through windows group poicies.

yep, it's done via gpedit.msc, just simply change the policy setting
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Genoil, even with Claymore's new miner out now, I'd still prefer to run yours. When can we expect 0.7 with Silent Army v3 updates?

And thanks for your continued work.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
is it much easier to just disable the Error reporting and use a simple bat file like
Code:
start /wait genoil.exe -c pool address -u username -p password -i 20 -w 128 -P 0 -k zec -g 0 1 -f 2
goto restart
pause

so for whatever reason the program get killed, it will restart again, any flaw in my approach?

Youu need to disable popup windows with "close" button which appears on crash through windows group poicies.
The 16.2.1 is the last package with drivers for my card, as it is older.

However, even though its the latest package, the miner doesn't detect my cards. I'm forced to use an earlier one.

I have a Radeon 5870

You can't mine ZEC with that GPU. None of the kernels support pre-GCN

Perfect. That is a definitive answer I needed. Now I know it is my machine.

Claymore is coming out with a new miner. Any hope for my device being supported?
Code:
goto restart
pause

Activity: 1008
If people are still having issues with crashing, I wrote out a few batch scripts this morning for use on my own mining rigs.

https://github.com/chriswier/zcash-genoil-loop

Two parts:
1.  Disabling Windows' Error Reporting UI so that when the genoil miner crashes it doesn't popup a close window.
2.  Genoil-loop batch script.

Will a loop really do everything you want?  I use a powershell script that works great in win 8.1 and up (win 7 not really).  I have it set to detect 0 s/s and job not found then after 5 counts it resets the miners, so its basically a watchdog.  Some systems may need to increase the count number if it takes more than 5 readouts to produce positive numbers

do {
    Write-Host "Setting up process" -ForegroundColor Green
    [int]$global:count = 0
    [int]$global:countstr = 0
    [bool]$global:restart = $false
    $pinfo = New-Object System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo
    $pinfo.FileName = "genoil.exe"
    $pinfo.Arguments = "-c us1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -u taddy.worker -p z"
    $pinfo.UseShellExecute = $false
    $pinfo.CreateNoWindow = $false
    $pinfo.RedirectStandardOutput = $true
    $pinfo.RedirectStandardError = $false
    $process = New-Object System.Diagnostics.Process
    $process.StartInfo = $pinfo

$OutEvent = Register-ObjectEvent -InputObject $process -EventName OutputDataReceived -Action {
   $global:countstr = 0;
        $stdout = $Event.SourceEventArgs.Data
        Write-Host $stdout
   if ($stdout.Contains(": 0.0S/s"))
        {
            Write-Host "--WARNING. PROCESS WILL BE RESTARTED SOON-- Count error:" $global:count -ForegroundColor Yellow
            $global:count += 1;
        }
        if ($stdout.Contains(": job not found"))
        {
            Write-Host "--WARNING. PROCESS WILL BE RESTARTED SOON-- Count error:" $global:count -ForegroundColor Yellow
            $global:count += 1;
        }

if($global:count -gt 5)
        {
            Write-Host "--KILLING PROCESS AND RESTARTING--" -ForegroundColor Red
            $global:restart = $true
            $global:count = 0
            Stop-Process -processname genoil
        }
    }
    $process.Start()
    $process.BeginOutputReadLine()
    Write-Host "Process started" -ForegroundColor Green
    while (!$process.HasExited)
    {

$global:countstr += 1;
   if ($global:countstr -gt 15)
   {
      $global:restart = $true
           $global:count = 0
                Stop-Process -processname genoil
      break;
   }
   Start-Sleep -Seconds 1
    }
}
while($global:restart)
$OutEvent.Name |
    ForEach-Object {Unregister-Event -SourceIdentifier $_}
Write-Host "Process finished"

edit to your liking and save as filename.ps1 then dump to genoil folder "run with powershell" to run

also run this command in power shell under admin

Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

However, even though its the latest package, the miner doesn't detect my cards. I'm forced to use an earlier one.

I have a Radeon 5870
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
If people are still having issues with crashing, I wrote out a few batch scripts this morning for use on my own mining rigs.

https://github.com/chriswier/zcash-genoil-loop

Two parts:
1.  Disabling Windows' Error Reporting UI so that when the genoil miner crashes it doesn't popup a close window.
2.  Genoil-loop batch script.

I use 15.71 drivers, since the 16.2.1 drivers tell me there is no opencl device found? Maybe thats my issue

Try using 16.9.2 drivers.

Will do. I'll try in a moment.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Maybe someone tried to run on the Radeon HD 6930?
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

I have a Radeon 5870

Perfect. That is a definitive answer I needed. Now I know it is my machine.

Claymore is coming out with a new miner. Any hope for my device being supported?

Depends which kernel he uses. If he uses the current ones out, then most likely no. If he writes one from scratch then maybe. But those GPUs generally arent a priority. His main prority will be 470/480/290/390/280x/270 in that order
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

I have a Radeon 5870

TY for the reply.

https://postimg.org/image/txtcjv64d/

How can I fix this?

try this in your bat file
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Just tried. Still fails and hit 0.05 sol Sad

I use 15.71 drivers, since the 16.2.1 drivers tell me there is no opencl device found? Maybe thats my issue
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

Try using 16.9.2 drivers.

Will do. I'll try in a moment.

Use DDU to remove previous drivers. Otherwise you'll get a messy system, with a few leftovers  Grin

Get it here: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
Pages:
Jump to: