Pages:
Author

Topic: Gold & Silver are safe than bank deposits ?? - page 10. (Read 19253 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
September 27, 2018, 03:46:58 AM
I think most people will choose to invest in gold/silver, because that's also part of their psychology. The currency is depreciating and they would rather choose to buy gold/silver for stocking rather than depositing money into the bank.
Activity: 27
September 26, 2018, 09:15:30 PM
I agree with you. For me, gold and silver are safer than bank deposits because they are stable and are valuable asset.
Activity: 121
Merit: 2
September 26, 2018, 08:28:50 PM
I think now fixed deposit interest rates are less than 5% p.a in USA and Europe. In India fixed deposit rates are 6.5%.

Gold and Silver gives average profit of 8% to 12% per year. Silver will most likely give 20% to 30% profit each year from here on to reach $60/ounce.

Example:

Profit for gold and silver for year 2016 is 12%.

Profit for gold and silver for year 2017 is 0%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2018 is 8%

Profit for gold and silver for year 2019 is 16%

So average profit for 4 years is +9%

How secured/safe are investments in gold and silver if you decide to remove/withdraw your money from banks fixed deposits and invest them in Gold and silver ??
Gold and silver are valuable assets and have a long history. Over many years, its value has only increased and can be said to be quite safe when used for hoarding. Banks are more dangerous when there are economic crises, the money savings will almost no longer.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
COVIR.IO
September 26, 2018, 08:22:03 PM
I believe that these who make deposits are especially lazy. There are many ways to put money into circulation and earn more than 6.5 and 9% per annum. Let's be honest, we still need to take into account the annual inflation in the region of 3-5%.
in my opinion such assets will be very good when you have a lot of money. but if asked about security, maybe I would prefer a deposit with the bank, because of a strong security system.
Definitely, it is not on which is more safetyness but the security. Not on Investing gold or bank deposits, both are great thing to have like a safe haven for the old but the real thing here is your environment, You can have lots of gold in your own house and have it for a long time but the you cannot assure the security of it unless you are wealthy enough to have guards unlike the banks. So, technically bank deposits are safer.

Its true, Gold and silver is store of value and as an asset, gold and silver more resistant on inflation. Holding money in banks account always reducing the value, but different with gold and silver because its old investment and for some people, gold and silver is best option to store their asset
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 26, 2018, 06:12:59 PM
Gold and silver are assets that are less volatile in terms of value and less volatility. Bank deposit is quite low but there is very little risk because if the bank is not closed then your money is still there. Financial investment is a game not easy so investors have to carefully consider.
Activity: 448
September 26, 2018, 05:44:29 PM
Right, I agree with your gold and silver are safer and provide greater profits than deposits. the longer the money is saved the more the value decreases due to inflation. and fiat money is influenced by the instability of the dollar. so saving money in gold and silver is more profitable and safe.

Some $40,000,000,000,000 is invested in gold worldwide. As they say "money is measure of success"
Gold and silver both are precious metals with which one can make money after selling it on high price in its high market. Furthermore gold and silver both are safe and easy to handle, On the other hand banks will cost you per month or annual cost from your banks account and there are many other terms and policies of banks so the simple investment in gold and silver.
Yeah I agree with this. The reason of the exchange rate increases is that because it has limitations in which if we used all this resources, it cannot be produced. At the same time it is really an advantage to invest into this because of the profit possiblity. But then it is highly suggested to invest in bitcoin since it is on trend and hype will soon attract you.
Bank deposits which mean that you have amount stored in bank and the work of bank is to protect your money from any type of harm or affect but they charge fees of the services they provide. Furthermore they have implemented yearly rates and monthly rates on the money we have in our account. So it is a type of disadvantage to user as well so it is not bad to tell that gold and silver will keep you safe from these costs.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
September 26, 2018, 02:22:30 AM
Well, gold and silver might sound like the safe investment but on a macro level, I think it is a kind of dead investment that is not giving any returns during the lifetime of it (except liquidation of such assets) on the other hand, Bank deposits help entrepreneurs and businesses to utilise the full potential of it which ultimately helps the economy to grow. So instead of investing directly in gold and silver, I would go with gold and silver bond option so that it will also help the economy to grow on the other end.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
September 26, 2018, 02:07:16 AM
Right, I agree with your gold and silver are safer and provide greater profits than deposits. the longer the money is saved the more the value decreases due to inflation. and fiat money is influenced by the instability of the dollar. so saving money in gold and silver is more profitable and safe.

Some $40,000,000,000,000 is invested in gold worldwide. As they say "money is measure of success"
Gold and silver both are precious metals with which one can make money after selling it on high price in its high market. Furthermore gold and silver both are safe and easy to handle, On the other hand banks will cost you per month or annual cost from your banks account and there are many other terms and policies of banks so the simple investment in gold and silver.
This concept of keeping the money in banks for interest has destroyed many economies. IN the European countries, there is a trending concept of negative interest rate right now that is the bank will charge you fee if you want them to take care of your money.

This has given rise to investments because people do not want to pay the fee so any excess of money that they have go into investment which further results in the production of goods and services improving the GDP. So yes it is good to invest in gold and silver rather than keeping it in bank.
Activity: 252
September 25, 2018, 06:29:25 AM
For my country, keeping savings in gold is more profitable than in the national currency. The national currency lost 2.2 times in price over the last 5 years against the dollar. The situation with gold is more favorable.
Activity: 94
September 25, 2018, 01:56:55 AM
Now i ave invested in gold but still just like bitcoin the gold prices also fall and i am in the middle of this but if we look at this over all the banks are paying very less amount of profit as we know that it is not risky but the outcome is very less and instead of this Gold and silver can be better than other deposits or investing in other than these metals.
if this talks about security issues, then I think the bank is far superior to that. but, if the problem is value, of course gold and silver will be very good storage, because I see the price of gold, and silver is always rising, while the value of money is always decreasing.
Gold and silver are also good but i don't think it has more demand than crypto currencies  . I never deposit my money in to bank nor i buy any gold or silver crypto currencies are the best investment.
Activity: 74
September 24, 2018, 04:07:53 AM
Now i ave invested in gold but still just like bitcoin the gold prices also fall and i am in the middle of this but if we look at this over all the banks are paying very less amount of profit as we know that it is not risky but the outcome is very less and instead of this Gold and silver can be better than other deposits or investing in other than these metals.
if this talks about security issues, then I think the bank is far superior to that. but, if the problem is value, of course gold and silver will be very good storage, because I see the price of gold, and silver is always rising, while the value of money is always decreasing.

Yes, gold and silver seems t be a good storage of value but never forget that the gold and silver also falling in price just like the cryptocurrency market does. What I will anyone looking for secured/safe  investment is to do their research and understand how the system works first before choosing it.
I think yes Gold and silver are the best you can also involve bitcoin and crypto currencies too. Whenever you deposit your money or send money via banks you have to pay tax where bitcoin not involved with taxes.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't request loans~
September 24, 2018, 03:57:35 AM
I believe that these who make deposits are especially lazy. There are many ways to put money into circulation and earn more than 6.5 and 9% per annum. Let's be honest, we still need to take into account the annual inflation in the region of 3-5%.
in my opinion such assets will be very good when you have a lot of money. but if asked about security, maybe I would prefer a deposit with the bank, because of a strong security system.
Definitely, it is not on which is more safetyness but the security. Not on Investing gold or bank deposits, both are great thing to have like a safe haven for the old but the real thing here is your environment, You can have lots of gold in your own house and have it for a long time but the you cannot assure the security of it unless you are wealthy enough to have guards unlike the banks. So, technically bank deposits are safer.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
September 24, 2018, 03:40:14 AM

Yeah I agree with this. The reason of the exchange rate increases is that because it has limitations in which if we used all this resources, it cannot be produced. At the same time it is really an advantage to invest into this because of the profit possiblity. But then it is highly suggested to invest in bitcoin since it is on trend and hype will soon attract you.
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
September 23, 2018, 10:39:06 PM
Gold is a very valuable asset. They say gold is like electronic money, but the speed of gold is slower than electronic money. But investing in gold is a safe investment

Definitely, gold and silver are fixed asset and its value is constantly increasing compared to crypto which is unpredictable value. But if fortune will favor crypto is more profitable in a less period of time. Although, gold and silver are safer than any other asset.

the title of this thread tackles about gold , silver and bank deposits . we aint talking about electronic money or cryptos here .  now to answer the op's question on which is safer between gold/silver and bank deposits , id say gold and silver because we can only hold them on our own hands . gold and silver cant also be damage easily not unlike to fiats or any other local currency like fiat money . lastly , we can also earn a profit when our assets increases bigger than bank deposits .
Activity: 37
September 23, 2018, 10:31:59 PM
most people prefer investing in the gold or silver sector rather than deposits in banks because banks have a higher risk, even though now there are institutions that guarantee customers but still when a bank experiences bankruptcy or bankruptcy customers will find it difficult to claim their money deposit at the bank.
Activity: 294
September 23, 2018, 10:19:42 PM
Gold is a very valuable asset. They say gold is like electronic money, but the speed of gold is slower than electronic money. But investing in gold is a safe investment

Definitely, gold and silver are fixed asset and its value is constantly increasing compared to crypto which is unpredictable value. But if fortune will favor crypto is more profitable in a less period of time. Although, gold and silver are safer than any other asset.
Activity: 88
Merit: 1
September 23, 2018, 08:31:19 PM
Gold and silver buried in a remote location is a great way to protect yourself against a fiat crisis.  Of course it's safer than bank deposits!  The banks could seize your funds or the fiat could simply just go away.  Keeping your funds in the bank is akin to leaving your crypto on an exchange.  No good can come of it.  Remember the central bankers have been taxing us while they have the ability to print.  They are no friends of ours. 

The printing of the world fiat has reached dizzying heights.  It's only a matter of time till the big one hits.  25% fiat, 25% gold/silver, 25% crypto, 25% hard assets is how I protect myself.  If any one of the 4 collapse the other 3 will pick up as money flees to safety.  The world economic game is getting ready to close a chapter.  I assume that's why crypto has been introduced (IMO).   I believe the central bankers will be taking us off paper and putting us into crypto. 
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
September 23, 2018, 03:34:51 PM
It is more profitable that we save money in the form of gold or silver instead of storing in the bank because in the city bank only consumes interest rates, but if gold and silver changes every year, we can invest in gold and silver.
copper member
Activity: 648
Merit: 159
September 23, 2018, 02:28:10 PM
I think it can't be compared with bank deposito, you know why Bank give their client monthly profit, bank just want people safe the money to them for circulated on themselve company.
If you want to get more profit on gold or silver just go trading on forex market, its simple.
Activity: 28
September 22, 2018, 11:59:36 PM
Existing depositors are also quite concerned about the risks from the bank to their deposits. The longer we deposited in banks, the longer the term of 1 or 2 years, the greater the risk. Since a bank may in principle still default, I think investing in gold and silver will be safer than bank savings.
Pages:
Jump to: