Pages:
Author

Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist - page 14. (Read 205816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
Three Vermont Lawmakers Endorse Rand Paul

Sen. Rand Paul’s recent appearance at a Vermont GOP fundraiser has resulted in the Kentucky senator’s endorsement by three Vermont state representatives, making him the first Republican presidential hopeful to gain support from elected officials in the state.

“Rand Paul is the only Republican out there who thinks that we need to actually compete in blue states like Vermont,” said Rep. Tom Burditt (R-West Rutland) in a news release. “And he’s the only candidate who is winning support from Democrats without giving up his conservative principles.”

Along with Burditt, Janssen Willhoit (R-St. Johnsbury) and Paul Dame (R-Essex Junction) also endorsed Paul after seeing him speak at the GOP fundraiser last week.

“I sat at a table with six high school kids who are supporting Rand Paul,” Dame said in the release. “When was the last time you saw six high school kids at a Republican fundraiser?”

In his Vermont speech, Paul placed importance on protecting the Bill of Rights, and said his stance on protecting privacy and civil liberties could cross partisan lines.

More...http://vtdigger.org/2015/09/09/three-gop-state-lawmakers-endorse-rand-paul-for-president/
legendary
Constitution Day Moneybomb - Sept. 17th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oChy_lBEvI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B3IjWmYQGc

Time to give what you can at this point whether it be bitcoin or fiat. Hope everyone can make a decent donation to Rand the liberty candidate's campaign for Prez. Set aside your wager now.

https://www.facebook.com/RandPaulMoneyBomb

or

https://twitter.com/RandMoneyBomb
legendary
Rand Paul to tailgate at Iowa-Iowa State game Saturday

Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul returns to Iowa for the first time in more than a month this week, with five events scheduled for Friday and Saturday.

Paul, a U.S. senator from Kentucky, will appear in Indianola and Ames on Friday, and then hold events in Marshalltown and Nevada on Saturday morning before tailgating at the Iowa-Iowa State football game in Ames that afternoon.

The latest Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Political Iowa Poll shows Paul tied for eighth place in the crowded Republican field, as the top choice for just 4 percent of likely caucusgoers.

The “Liberty” movement that propelled his father, Ron Paul, to third place in the 2012 Iowa caucuses does not appear to be as organized or unified in 2015, while Rand Paul himself has barely campaigned here, spending just 10 days here so far this year.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2015/09/08/rand-paul-tailgate-iowa-iowa-state-game-saturday/71870304/Only
legendary
I think that if he ever win the election he´ll become just like the other politicians, without any ideals and beliefs of his own, and even if he has some, his politics won´t be leaden by them. But I think he´ll remain not much more than a curiosity.
Your supposition would only ring true if he got elected and then feared for his and his family's lives and folded like a lawn chair on liberty issues. However, I say he catches fire after the Trump joke falls to the wayside and Rand becomes the true, legit anti-establishment candidate amongst the fools' march inside of the GOP primary season.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I think that if he ever win the election he´ll become just like the other politicians, without any ideals and beliefs of his own, and even if he has some, his politics won´t be leaden by them. But I think he´ll remain not much more than a curiosity.
legendary
Another big move for the week, Rand starting a physicians network.

"This network will allow physicians to get involved, participate in the campaign, and become part of the solution."

This is a great move if you ask me. People don't know this man is a doctor. This is what the "doctor ordered" in my opinion (pun intended.) We need to raise favor-ability ratings and this is something I have been wanting to see.

...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF3o8ZlzYfw
legendary
Poll: Rand tied for 4th in Iowa

Meanwhile, in the Republican presidential race, Donald Trump now holds a seven-point lead in Iowa and a 16-point one in New Hampshire.

In the Hawkeye State, Trump gets the support from 29 percent of potential GOP caucus-goers, while Ben Carson receives 22 percent. There's a steep drop off after that: Jeb Bush gets 6 percent; Carly Fiorina, Rand Paul and Scott Walker get 5 percent; and Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Bobby Jindal are at 4 percent.

In July, Walker was ahead of the Iowa Republican field at 19 percent, Trump was second at 17 percent and Bush was third at 12 percent.

More...http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/bernie-sanders-leads-hillary-clinton-9-n-h-gains-iowa-n422111
legendary
Rand Paul Reluctantly Defends Trump from Hewitt’s ‘Gotcha’ Questions

I’m not big on defending Donald Trump by any means and I’ve been one of his fiercest critics,”Rand Paul told host Michael Smerconish on his SiriusXM radio show Friday morning. But all that being said, the candidate still proceeded to take Trump’s side on the question of whether Hugh Hewitt was guilty of asking “gotcha” questions about the Quds Force during his interview with the GOP frontrunner last night.

Paul said he too sometimes has trouble hearing the difference between “Quds” and “Kurds” and gave Trump the benefit of the doubt on that confusion. “And I also thinking that running through a list every different Arab name and asking people to respond to them is a little bit of a game of ‘gotcha,'” Paul added. But at the same time, he said that knowing the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah is an important attribute for the next president of the United States.

When Hewitt asked Trump if he thought a question along those lines also qualified as a “gotcha,” Trump replied, “Yes, I do. I totally do. I think it’s ridiculous.”
“Like I say, I’m not into defending Donald Trump and you find it often,” Paul said. “But I think some interviewers do like to play this game.”
During a phone appearance on Morning Joe Friday, Trump dismissed Hewitt, who will be one of the moderators at this month’s GOP debate on CNN, as nothing more than a “third-rate radio announcer.

...http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rand-paul-reluctantly-defends-trump-from-hewitts-gotcha-questions/

The drama is building!(??)
The next (R) debate could be one we remember for a very, very long time?
I have reduced my expectations for the current election, but perhaps things will get better soon. Rand was in a tough spot, deciding whether to be "98.9999% pure" like his dad, or trying to reach even more people.

He is his dad in so many words but has chosen to make things work in a different light. I agree he needs to make the next debate his and talk about fiscal conservative principles rather than the privacy stuff that he's been focusing on in this primary.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!

I’m not big on defending Donald Trump by any means and I’ve been one of his fiercest critics,”Rand Paul told host Michael Smerconish on his SiriusXM radio show Friday morning. But all that being said, the candidate still proceeded to take Trump’s side on the question of whether Hugh Hewitt was guilty of asking “gotcha” questions about the Quds Force during his interview with the GOP frontrunner last night.

Paul said he too sometimes has trouble hearing the difference between “Quds” and “Kurds” and gave Trump the benefit of the doubt on that confusion. “And I also thinking that running through a list every different Arab name and asking people to respond to them is a little bit of a game of ‘gotcha,'” Paul added. But at the same time, he said that knowing the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah is an important attribute for the next president of the United States.

When Hewitt asked Trump if he thought a question along those lines also qualified as a “gotcha,” Trump replied, “Yes, I do. I totally do. I think it’s ridiculous.”
“Like I say, I’m not into defending Donald Trump and you find it often,” Paul said. “But I think some interviewers do like to play this game.”
During a phone appearance on Morning Joe Friday, Trump dismissed Hewitt, who will be one of the moderators at this month’s GOP debate on CNN, as nothing more than a “third-rate radio announcer.

...http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rand-paul-reluctantly-defends-trump-from-hewitts-gotcha-questions/

The drama is building!(??)
The next (R) debate could be one we remember for a very, very long time?
I have reduced my expectations for the current election, but perhaps things will get better soon. Rand was in a tough spot, deciding whether to be "98.9999% pure" like his dad, or trying to reach even more people.
legendary

legendary
CNN: Rand Paul Talks Migrants, Kentucky Clerk Ruling, Trump, Syria with Wolf Blitzer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxieC4uP-OA
legendary
Rand Paul Op-Ed: Simplify the Tax Code, Reduce the Budget, and Balance It

I believe that the only way to rein in big government is to starve the beast. I’d eliminate the more than 70,000 pages of the tax code, replace it with one page, and start over. I’d set a single rate of 14.5 percent for businesses and individuals. I’d also eliminate the payroll tax, a move that would raise after-tax income by at least 15 percent over ten years.

Fake conservatives like Donald Trump want to raise taxes. Trump maintains that Democrats run the economy better. So, if tea-party conservatives succumb to his nonsense, expect higher taxes and Clinton-style big government to be the result.

One of the fundamental aims of the Constitution was to limit the powers of the federal government. Our Founders would be horrified to learn that the federal government has worked its way into every nook and cranny of our lives.

...http://www.nationalreview.com/article/423549/tax-reform-limited-government-conservatism-rand-paul
legendary
Libertarians May Co-Nominate Rand Paul in 2016

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., may follow in his father’s footsteps not only by seeking the Republican presidential nomination, but also by receiving the Libertarian Party’s ballot line.

Members of the Libertarian Party are bracing for an internal struggle over whether to back the libertarian-leaning senator if he appears poised to win the Republican nomination in 2016.

Paul is unlikely to directly seek the third party’s support, but could win it anyhow through the work of eager activists like those who worked the campaigns of his father, former Texas Rep. Ron Paul, a GOP presidential contender in 2008 and 2012 and the Libertarian nominee in 1988.

A co-nomination from one of the nation’s most significant minor parties could help Paul - if he’s the Republican nominee - avoid losing hundreds of thousands of votes to an ideological ally. In some states, his name would appear twice on ballots.

If Paul is nominated by both the Republican and Libertarian parties, it could also unleash electoral scenarios unseen in decades, such as the negotiation of a fusion slate of electors. Libertarians could, theoretically, nominate their own vice presidential candidate.

Though the Libertarian Party’s Orlando, Florida, nominating convention isn’t until May 2016, Libertarian National Committee Executive Director Wes Benedict foresees a fight.

“If Rand Paul wins the Republican nomination, I'd expect a big fight within the [party] over whether or not we should run our own candidate,” Benedict says. “It wouldn't just be a discussion.”

Libertarian Party chairman Nicholas Sarwark, officially neutral on the matter, says “there is a possibility that the delegates in Orlando would nominate Sen. Paul and if they were to do so, I'd work hard to support their choice.”

The Republican primary season will be well underway when the 1,000 or so Libertarian convention delegates gather. If Paul appears poised for victory in the GOP race, they would have several options.

Delegates could nominate Paul and his presumptive GOP running mate (if that person has been selected), or nominate Paul and a Libertarian running mate (as happened in 1896 when the Democratic and Populist parties nominated William Jennings Bryan for president, but chose different vice presidential candidates).

They could also choose to endorse no candidate, a scenario in which many would-be Libertarian voters would presumably vote for Paul without the party’s official blessing; or they could snub Paul and pick their own presidential candidate.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/10/27/rand-paul-could-win-libertarian-nomination-too
legendary
CNN changes debate criteria, clearing path for Fiorina

CNN announced on Tuesday that it has changed the criteria for its upcoming debate, making space for Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina on the primetime stage.

Fiorina had argued for weeks that CNN's debate criteria unfairly weighted early field leaders over those who have polled better since the Fox News debate on Aug. 6.

According to CNN, any candidate who ranks in the top 10 between Aug. 6 and Sept. 10 will be included in the primetime debate on Sept. 16.

...http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/cnn-changes-debate-criteria-clearing-path-for-fiorina-213237#ixzz3kWitNbmU
legendary
Rand Paul says KY clerk’s marriage protest is ‘part of the American way'

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has given a mixed endorsement to a home state county clerk whose refusal to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples has become national news.

"I think people who do stand up and are making a stand to say that they believe in something is an important part of the American way," Paul told Boston Herald Radio during a three-day campaign swing through the Northeast.

When asked about Rowan County, Kentucky clerk Kim Davis's ongoing refusal to issue licenses, in defiance of the Supreme Court's 2015 Obergefell v. Hodges ruling, Paul's campaign pointed to his Monday interview with the conservative Herald. The question was succinct, asking if Paul "back[ed] Kim Davis and her religious right" to defy the ruling. Paul's answer took him across the plains of legal theory before ending with the "making a stand" statement.

"I think one way to get around the whole idea of what the Supreme Court is forcing on the states is for states just to get out of the business of giving out licenses," Paul said. "Alabama has already voted to do this, they’re just no longer going to give out licenses. And anybody can make a contract. And then if you want a marriage contract you go to a church. And so I’ve often said we could have gotten around all of this also in the sense that I do believe everybody has a right to a contract."

...http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/09/01/rand-paul-says-ky-clerks-gay-marriage-protest-is-part-of-the-american-way/
legendary
Poll: Most Iowa GOP voters don’t care if a candidate has any specific policy

Among Trump supporters, the portion of those who don’t care if a candidate has specific policy proposals jumped up to two thirds. This kind of vacuity is exactly what Republicans criticized Obama supporters for in 2008 and 2012, but now, it seems, they’ve eagerly jumped into the same pool of inanity.

And whether it’s two thirds or 57 percent or, honestly, anything much above zero, this is a terrifying and depressing statistic.

Unfortunately, it’s not so much surprising as it is something we don’t like to admit to ourselves: most voters don’t pick a candidate because they’ve made a careful examination of the issue positions of every contender. Most voters—and, it seems, especially Trump voters—are mainly just going with their gut, casting their ballots with relatively little research beyond their own immediate feelings about a candidate’s manner and rhetoric.

Read more at http://rare.us/story/poll-most-iowa-gop-voters-dont-care-if-a-candidate-has-any-specific-policy-ideas/#66dcm58T56OtmjIS.99

Meaningful since Rand should receive all the anti-establishment support that Trump has seen lately. It's early and Rand will sweep up sooner rather than later.
legendary
In Seattle, Rand Paul blames both parties for ‘horribly broken’ system

Rand Paul denounced his rivals in the pack of Republicans and Democrats running for president as warmongers and big-government enablers during a rally Wednesday in Seattle.

The junior senator from Kentucky railed against the “unholy alliance” in Washington, D.C., between the establishment of both parties he said has resulted in out-of-control domestic and military spending.

“Washington is horribly broken and you ask yourself whose fault is it. Well let’s see, Republicans, Democrats — let’s just say everybody in Washington ought to come home and we ought to start over,” Paul said.

Seeking to distinguish himself from the 2016 field, Paul hit politicians of both parties for being too quick to entangle the U.S. in overseas conflicts.

“If you’re eager for war there’s 10 other people I can recommend. If you’re eager for war there will always be a Bush or Clinton for you,” he said.

Paul spoke to about 500 supporters at Town Hall Seattle. It was a smaller crowd than those frequently drawn by his father, former Texas Rep. Ron Paul, who ran twice for president and had a strong volunteer cadre in Washington.

More...http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/rand-paul-blames-both-parties-for-horribly-broken-political-system/
legendary
Rand Paul Radio Interview: Donald Trump setting GOP up for worst defeat since 1964

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul — a Republican candidate for president — today warned his party risks its worst electoral beating since 1964 if frontrunner Donald Trump wins the GOP nomination.

“It would probably be the worst defeat we’ve had since (Barry) Goldwater, I’d predict, if Trump where the nominee,” Paul said in a Boston Herald Radio “Morning Meeting” interview, referring to the 1964 race during which the Republican from Arizona carried only six states against Lyndon B. Johnson.

A recent Quinnipiac national poll showed Trump lapping the field with 28 percent of those surveyed saying they support him. Paul, who entered the race with a strong following of libertarians and conservatives, languished towards the back of the pack with 2 percent of the survey.

Paul today blasted Trump, accusing the celebrity mogul of masking liberal views with red-meat rhetoric.

“There is a lot of bluster and anger on Trump’s part, but a lot of his solutions are big government solutions,” Paul said. “I think eventually people are going to come to their senses and say ‘oh my God, I liked his angry vitriol, but I didn’t realize he was for gun control, Obamacare, increasing taxes, and taking private property.’ ”

The Kentucky senator had lashed out at Trump in the first primary debate earlier this month and said he will be campaigning hard to warn Republican about what he described as the billionaire’s moderate views.

“If one side doesn’t have ideas or has ideas that seem to be more liberal Democrat than Republican, we need to point these out to people,” he said. “It would be a tragedy if we were to get the nomination and then we discover we nominated a liberal Democrat. That would be a great irony.”

Paul singled out Trump’s stand on eminent domain -- a hot-button issue for libertarians.

“He has been a proponent of using eminent domain to take property from small property owners and use it to make business and make money for himself,” Paul said. “There was a case of a woman who had lived in a house for 30 years. He built a casino next door and when she wouldn’t sell, he used the government to take it from her.”

Last week, Paul wrote an online oped charging that Trump is a supporter of the Kelo Supreme Court decision, which allowed the government to take private property under eminent domain.

“When people find this out, they are going to be horrified,” Paul said.

Paul’s feud with the frontrunner began at the first Republican primary debate when Trump said he would not rule out running as a third-party candidate.

“That really ticked me off,” Paul said. “I have nothing against people running as a third party. I do have a problem with people being dishonest and using the Republicans to get a lot of attention and then running as a third party.”

More...http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2015/08/rand_paul_donald_trump_setting_gop_up_for_worst_defeat_since
legendary
Vote for Rand at Breitbart.com NOW!

Go there (Breitbart.com) and a pop up will come up where you can vote for Rand. It's actually very fast.

TRUMP
39%
CRUZ
25%
CARSON
10%
FIORINA
5%
PAUL
4%

Load up and turn the tide you smart people.
legendary
Clinton emails mention Rand Paul and 'Rove at war with Palin'

Trudging through the 7,000 pages of newly released Hillary Clinton emails, I came upon a very revealing series of emails while searching the term, "Rand Paul." And the State Department made a boo-boo. The original email from Sid Blumenthal includes a large portion of a paragraph that is whited out. However, Sec. Clinton's reply doesn't include these redactions.

This email from Blumenthal (and her short reply) gives us a window into the thinking of Sec. Clinton at the time of the 2010 midterm elections when a wave of more conservative Republicans swept into office--including Sen. Rand Paul. Mr. Blumenthal is a journalist who also acted as an adviser to Sec. Clinton.

More...http://iroots.org/2015/08/31/oops-state-dept-fails-to-censor-hillarys-reply-email/
Pages:
Jump to: