Pages:
Author

Topic: Ελλάς (Greece) - page 17. (Read 38051 times)

Activity: 702
Merit: 503
March 03, 2012, 03:44:28 PM

...i thought some people had to have reached "the Acceptance" stage by now: Carena Bar Restaurant , Agia Efimia , Kefalonia, Greece

Has anyone tried this place?
Activity: 313
Merit: 251
Third score
March 01, 2012, 12:09:32 PM

Step 1: Denial Sad

Exactly. When we get to the Acceptance stage (which might happen fast, when there is no money left for anything), we can talk bitcoins. Wink
Activity: 313
Merit: 251
Third score
March 01, 2012, 10:04:08 AM
Hey Znort, it's not that bad yet  Grin.

To the OP:
I have been watching my fellow citizens for the last few years, waiting for the appearance an innovative alternative course of action, which is an legendary property of the Greek mind - meaning, we're supposed to be innovative and out-of-the-box thinkers, following the tradition of Ulysses  Cool. We tend to forget of course, that Ulysses according to the story escaped death several times and was, for most of his journey, in very dire conditions. Hint: Being open minded and innovative needs to be forced externally by the circumstance, I have yet to see more than a handful of people that can get there on their free will only.

To my bitter surprise, none has arisen. The vast majority of people think - in one way or another - that someone is playing games on us, and the bad Europeans want to take control of our country through this financial shenanigan.

I came to think that we cannot expect everyone to give up so easily all the decades of living within a welfare state and fiat, borrowed money. It can happen in very small numbers, until of course the money actually runs out.

When that happens, when pension funds, public schools, municipalities and everything else (except the police and the army of course) shut down, then change can come in avalanche-like ways within a few days or weeks.

Until then, we all have to bear with the wait. Can take 2 weeks, can take 2 months, can take 2 years.

If any other Greek is reading this, fell free to argue with me.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
March 01, 2012, 02:01:37 AM
 Huh
February 25, 2012, 12:32:47 PM

Today's extensive BBC report on the situation in Greece prompts me to restate my question above.

It's curious that given the acute financial turmoil, talk of revolution and civil war there, there seems to be little interest in monetary alternatives such as Bitcoin among the Greeks; at least it doesn't seem to show either here or on Google Trends...  Huh
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
June 29, 2011, 10:37:34 PM
May 21, 2011, 02:46:44 PM
Given the latest fiscal developments in Greece, would someone from the Greek part of the community please give us an on-scene update on what the default would mean to the average Greeks, and how it might affect Bitcoin's prospects in your country?

Thank you in advance for any info!  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: