Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 222. (Read 597421 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100
Awesome.

The gridcoin team world rank is now: 7,749 out of 99,734. We are moving up fast.

http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/detail/118094994/overview

let us target for top 10
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
Awesome.

The gridcoin team world rank is now: 7,749 out of 99,734. We are moving up fast.

http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/detail/118094994/overview
Once gridcoin hits a well known exchange. I have a feeling its going to blow up.

totally agree with you. GRC start blowing already this week.

There are 130 active users in chinese chatting group now in china.
Activity: 644
P2P The Planet!
Once gridcoin hits a well known exchange. I have a feeling its going to blow up.
Activity: 130
So, does "NetworkHashPs:   105245312.00000" work out to 105 MH/s?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Let's see what happens.

I had messaged Cryptsy the other day per Rob's request and received a rely today.

Thank you so much for your suggestion to add this coin.
I have added it to our list of new coins to review and add to our exchange.

Have a wonderful day!
Jim
Cryptsy.com

I gave them a long detailed message so hopefully they add consider the topics I talked about when reviewing it. Cross our fingers haha
I had messaged Cryptsy the other day per Rob's request and received a rely today.

Have a wonderful day!
Jim
Cryptsy.com

I gave them a long detailed message so hopefully they add consider the topics I talked about when reviewing it. Cross our fingers haha

Difficulty:6.712819
Blocks:49788
NetworkHashPs:97615560.00000
Updated:1/17/2014 12:43:32 PM

new record, congratulations!!!
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Have a wonderful day!
Jim
Cryptsy.com

Activity: 121
What was the gist of the conversation?

Gridcoin was being discussed today in the trollbox on BTC-E!  Just FYI.

Someone mentioned that GRC was actually "worth something" because it donated CPU cycles to good causes.  I said I was happy to see GRC being mentioned, and it really just needs to get on an exchange somewhere.  Then someone said that garbage coins seem to get on exchanges easily, but politics plays a large part in that.

It's hard to tell what else was discussed.  The trollbox moves quickly and is filled with much trolling.
legendary
What was the gist of the conversation?

Activity: 130
When I had poolmining=true I had a steady trickle but only brought in about 2000 coins since I started mining (eight weeks ago I think). The other day I tried poolmining=false and took in 750+ coins, but then the flow just stopped for two days.
I'm back on poolmining=true and getting a slight trickle again.

It's strange, I'm back to seeing a trickle of .3 at a time, after a day of 5 found blocks when I got the new card.
I'm running poolmining off at a hash rate of 800 mh/s.
How's the block solving going for other folks? Smiley

ahhh finally someone whose mining in pool!

can you write some stats? You have found 5 blocks in a day, now you're keep mining in pool? how many coins you make at day?
Activity: 121
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
I'm sorry, i've one more question about pool mining.

if i mine in pool, i'll start to get payed when i'll find my first block, and, i'll keep get payed even if i quit mining for a few day after that.
But what happen if i find a block mining in pool and then keep mining in pool without find any other block, for, don't know, 15 o more days..? Will i keep have payouts?

No-if you don't find a block within the lookback period you then fall out of the pool.

Thanks,
Grid

thanks for the info. I'll just have to hope that diff never gonna be too high!
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Unbelievable, I hate this fucking piece of shit coin so fucking much, if it wasn't so profitable I wouldn't touch this buggy bullshit.  Well it is profitable when the wallet doesn't corrupt AGAIN and 15K GRC disappear into thin air.  Fuck GRC, fuck GRC, fuck GRC.
For someone who has contributed zero to the entire project, its a little arrogant of you to call it buggy, and I also don't support swearing on our forums.

Send your coins out to a new wallet and start over.  I've been testing this coin on 5 machines for 30 days straight, and I guarantee the problems are YOURS and not ours once you use a small wallet (< 300k).

Take your bad attitude elsewhere.

Grid

What does the "Full speed" tick do? Does it override the configs intensity?
Yes,
Full speed runs intensity @ your configurations intensity; Unchecked runs it 40% slower.

Thanks,
Grid

if i mine in pool, i'll start to get payed when i'll find my first block, and, i'll keep get payed even if i quit mining for a few day after that.
But what happen if i find a block mining in pool and then keep mining in pool without find any other block, for, don't know, 15 o more days..? Will i keep have payouts?

No-if you don't find a block within the lookback period you then fall out of the pool.

Thanks,
Grid
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

no one? i just need a confirmation...
Activity: 709
Gridcoin Foundation
yea just got it 6 hours later.  But my Utilizsation is only 55 -.-

how long does it take to reach 100?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
CPU mining works great   Wink
Waiting for blocks reward increase for it  Roll Eyes
legendary
I always make backups. That is the #1 rule in dealing with anything computer related. Also make backups of the backups and store on different media. dvd, usb etc..

I've been mining since November and never lost a coin.  I had the wallet corrupt twice but it was always remedied with -salvagewallet or deleting the blockchain or syncing a new wallet and then pasting the old wallet.dat back in.  As mentioned before, the wallet.dat seems to encounter problems when it eclipses 1.5mb in size.  Have you run a memtest and disk check lately?
Jump to: