Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 225. (Read 597421 times)

Activity: 709
Merit: 500
Gridcoin Foundation
Hey Guys,

How to fix this problem here..?

its the integrated cgminer in gridcoin-qt

Im using a r9-290
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
CPU mining is now working perfect for me.  I see myself in both pools, paid the .06 and just received the micro payment!
I'm sure this has been talked about but I cannot find it in the thread;
I use CPU to mine - 100% goes to BOINC (very cool) and I get GRC credit for that.
Does that credit (for BOINC) also get credited to avg daily for GPU calculation?
Are we double counting that CPU time?

legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
Hey Rob, it would be cool if we can display some Boinc or WCG stats on the main site. Like projects and work done and all that. I am not sure how much work that would involve, but would be neat.

This kind of thing?

http://boincstats.com/signature/-1/team/118094994/sig.png

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=BBNGDQS832

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/reg/viewRegister.do?teamID=BBNGDQS832
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
I'm sorry, i've one more question about pool mining.

if i mine in pool, i'll start to get payed when i'll find my first block, and, i'll keep get payed even if i quit mining for a few day after that.
But what happen if i find a block mining in pool and then keep mining in pool without find any other block, for, don't know, 15 o more days..? Will i keep have payouts?

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
i never put that command in the console before. The cpu mining power goes towards the Boinc program i have running.

Yep I see now that mining without Boinc is not possible (this setgenerate standard command is not avaliable).
Activity: 644
P2P The Planet!
Another question. Do you mine with Boinc or by "setgenerate true" command in console?

i never put that command in the console before. The cpu mining power goes towards the Boinc program i have running.

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
New Version Available:

1.1.5.3/64: Upgrade from RPC : Yes

* This is a prerequisite to CPUMining.  It adds some security * Added Scrypt Sleep/Leaderboard position to the mining console.

All the best,
Grid

I have a question about cpu mining. If i use my cpu for gridcoin, how can i use my cpu for boinc? And..if i can't use my cpu for boinc, how can have a great value of daily average boinc points?

Hi Asdlolciterquit,
For CPU Only (boinc) mining, we put the entire onus on the official boinc project to track the total cobblestones, and we put the 3rd party API check onus on a random GPU user; so your cpu is 100% available to boinc.

Good luck,
P. Keys

thx!

so, to have 150coins for block, we can have only gridcoin project on boinc??
legendary
Yeah, I'm using an old q6600 cpu, its a quad core socket 775 cpu and i am getting 150GRC per mined block i find.

Another question. Do you mine with Boinc or by "setgenerate true" command in console?
legendary
I have my gridcoin wallet open for 15mins and still 0 Active Connections. Why is that so? Any nodes that could be added?
try addnode www.gridcoin.us
(Should not need to, not sure why).

This helped thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Hey Rob, it would be cool if we can display some Boinc or WCG stats on the main site. Like projects and work done and all that. I am not sure how much work that would involve, but would be neat.
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
I have my gridcoin wallet open for 15mins and still 0 Active Connections. Why is that so? Any nodes that could be added?
try addnode www.gridcoin.us
(Should not need to, not sure why).
legendary
Activity: 1260
I think there was a node list somewhere on this thread. It should connect without putting nodes list I would think. Make sure the firewall is not blocking Gridcoin.

Does the payout from cpumining depend on your CPU's power? Will I still be able to get 150 GRC per day if I don't have Core i5/i7 ?

We're close to being able to go live with cpumining; I think we should shoot for Saturday afternoon to go live.

You can earn up to 150grc per day per single host machine that is CPU+BOINC mining (btw, we have no intention of ever changing that, so for the bean counters, the maximum Gridcoin minted coins are 150*576 per day for the GPU users and 150*576 per day for the CPU users (of course, decreasing over the standard schedule); and we will never devalue gridcoin further than that as we want a high and stable exchange value).

Yes, as soon as we reach ~128 cpuminers, competition will start automatically and it will be important for you to earn high boinc credits in order to receive 150grc per day (since you will be in the cpu pool competing by boinc avg credits).

Good luck,
Grid
legendary
That has happened to me. refresh the config and also restart the mining module. happens when it thinks the form isn't filled out for some reason.

you mean the gridcoin.conf   right?

Im using these settings: 

server=1
rpcuser=****
rpcpassword=******
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
poolmining=false
restartwallet=0

shall i add something more or delete something. I tried to change the config often and restart Gridcoin too often,  no effect -.-
Looks correct, try disabling your firewall; ensure conf file is in the data dir; also try the telnet command posted above; You may have to "Add windows Features" to add telnet first.
Telnet should not fail with connection refused.

Good luck,
P.G. Keys
New Version Available:

1.1.5.3/64: Upgrade from RPC : Yes

* This is a prerequisite to CPUMining.  It adds some security * Added Scrypt Sleep/Leaderboard position to the mining console.

All the best,
Grid

I have a question about cpu mining. If i use my cpu for gridcoin, how can i use my cpu for boinc? And..if i can't use my cpu for boinc, how can have a great value of daily average boinc points?

Hi Asdlolciterquit,
For CPU Only (boinc) mining, we put the entire onus on the official boinc project to track the total cobblestones, and we put the 3rd party API check onus on a random GPU user; so your cpu is 100% available to boinc.

Good luck,
P. Keys

when I put the guiminer folder into the Windows(x86) then the guiminer scrypt doesnt appear. So i moved the guiminer folder to the App Data/roaming/gridcoin folder  so the scypt appears at least

edit: running everything as administrator
Its probably your gridcoin.conf, try setting the rpcport = 9332 and the rpcuser and rpcpassword. Verify gridcoin.conf is in the data dir.
You can verify your server is working with a
telnet localhost 9332
(Should get a blank screen)

Good luck,
Grid
legendary
Yeah, I'm using an old q6600 cpu, its a quad core socket 775 cpu and i am getting 150GRC per mined block i find.

How often you find block?
Activity: 644
P2P The Planet!
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Does the payout from cpumining depend on your CPU's power? Will I still be able to get 150 GRC per day if I don't have Core i5/i7 ?
Jump to: