Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 223. (Read 597421 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
That block should be in your wallet. I have never had a found block that did not register in the wallet. I use guiminer scrypt and I run it externally to Gridcoin.

Yea. Solved a block but didnt get any payout.. also can't see any confirmation that I get it rewarded

after you solved the block, how much was the value A on you cgminer?

i got nothing. no confirmation nothing in the gridoin wallet.   just 1 accepted in the mining module left on the top.

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
New Version Available:
1.1.5.4/65/7.71; Upgrade from RPC: Yes

I have a question regarding new version: as rewards became less frequent, am I risking to miss/skip a valuable a reward when I close the wallet for a while (say, 1 hour)?
With previous versions it was much simpler as the rewards were distributed equally over time and were rather small (with poolmining). Now I'm afraid to close the wallet & GRCmining even for half an hour.
Activity: 709
Merit: 500
Gridcoin Foundation
I just started mining today in the morning. How can I calculated my expected blocks per day with the current difficulty
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
Yea. Solved a block but didnt get any payout.. also can't see any confirmation that I get it rewarded

i got nothing. no confirmation nothing in the gridoin wallet.   just 1 accepted in the mining module left on the top.

uhm...maybe it's just bad luck Sad
sometimes you find a block but "you lost it", for example because your wallet in that time wasn't syncronized...

That happened to me too, once only luckily.

Let us know if it'll happen again!
Gridcoin Foundation

i got nothing. no confirmation nothing in the gridoin wallet.   just 1 accepted in the mining module left on the top.

legendary
Activity: 1344
Could someone tell me what is an estimated reward for CPU mining with i7 3630QM ? - It is 4 cores / 8 threads 3.4 Ghz processor.

Gridcoin Foundation
It's strange, I'm back to seeing a trickle of .3 at a time, after a day of 5 found blocks when I got the new card.
I'm running poolmining off at a hash rate of 800 mh/s.
How's the block solving going for other folks? Smiley

ahhh finally someone whose mining in pool!

can you write some stats? You have found 5 blocks in a day, now you're keep mining in pool? how many coins you make at day?
finally i started mining..

but i still have some concerns.

My Boinc Utilization is only at 52   normally it should be near 100 right?  My CPU is working on 100%

The Boing KHps  shows  0 too..

Do i really mining to get a reward/gridcoins?

How do i know when i solve a block?

Help would be highly appreciated :-)

if i understood right, you will get Boinc Utilization at 100% when you have > than 1000 boinc average daily points.

when you solve a block, you'll get a payout! you'll notice it for sure!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
As an early adopter, you should know high risk high return.

Unbelievable, I hate this fucking piece of shit coin so fucking much, if it wasn't so profitable I wouldn't touch this buggy bullshit.  Well it is profitable when the wallet doesn't corrupt AGAIN and 15K GRC disappear into thin air.  Fuck GRC, fuck GRC, fuck GRC.
Gridcoin Foundation
finally i started mining..

but i still have some concerns.

My Boinc Utilization is only at 52   normally it should be near 100 right?  My CPU is working on 100%

The Boing KHps  shows  0 too..

Do i really mining to get a reward/gridcoins?

How do i know when i solve a block?

Help would be highly appreciated :-)
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

I've been mining since November and never lost a coin.  I had the wallet corrupt twice but it was always remedied with -salvagewallet or deleting the blockchain or syncing a new wallet and then pasting the old wallet.dat back in.  As mentioned before, the wallet.dat seems to encounter problems when it eclipses 1.5mb in size.  Have you run a memtest and disk check lately?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
1: It's in active development. We're a testing community.
2: You didn't create a backup. That's your fault.

-salvagewallet -rescan -reindex don't work and I have no backups because I just made this wallet a week ago after my last one kept corrupting.  no wonder GRC can't get on an exchange, I wouldn't want to deal with the constant bullshit of this client if I ran an exchange.

I see no warning on the front page saying "Warning: this is alpha software and expect things to break constantly".  If I am not told otherwise, I just kinda expect a client to have basic functionality like not disappearing my coins into the ether.

I at least should know better to keep a backup, especially since this shit just happened a week ago.  But if you are trying to grow your community, you are gonna put off a lot of new miners who don't know better when this shit happens to them.
Activity: 308
Unbelievable, I hate this fucking piece of shit coin so fucking much, if it wasn't so profitable I wouldn't touch this buggy bullshit.  Well it is profitable when the wallet doesn't corrupt AGAIN and 15K GRC disappear into thin air.  Fuck GRC, fuck GRC, fuck GRC.

I feel for you - all of us have lost coins. I've lost probably over 50k since I joined in on it. But that's the thing, Gridcoin isn't supposed to be a "get rich" coin. Most of the community that it has right now sticks with it not because yes, it may be worth something (and hopefully will) but because of its purpose. Most of us understand that it's still a work in progress. That's part of the reason I personally haven't gone out promoting (although I've gotten some friends I know personally to join) it is because I don't want to say "hey, mine this" and have people complain about things like this. If people see our threads and take a look at the coin and decide they want to participate, that's great! Yea it might not be the most reliable coin at the moment, but I have high hopes that it'll be able to get the average user to join in on BOINC through Gridcoin in the months to come.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
1: It's in active development. We're a testing community.
2: You didn't create a backup. That's your fault.

-salvagewallet -rescan -reindex don't work and I have no backups because I just made this wallet a week ago after my last one kept corrupting.  no wonder GRC can't get on an exchange, I wouldn't want to deal with the constant bullshit of this client if I ran an exchange.
wallet.dat corrupt, salavge failed
Do -salvagewallet and you should be fine. Always worked for me.

Not working, this coin is fucked.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Do -salvagewallet and you should be fine. Always worked for me.

Jump to: