Pages:
Author

Topic: [GROUP BUY CLOS & SHIPPED] - ** GIVEAWAY ** BITMAIN AntMiner 180 GH/S 300 Units - page 8. (Read 37827 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
For bartsi009:

this is it .. Two fans from factory default Dell computer (I have a lot of spare parts).

It really helps me with temperature.

That's the way to write down your IP address. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Got tracking number today.  Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. Smiley

I already have one Ant from a previous buy, and I discovered the other day when my internet went down for a minute that it has an audible alarm to tell me when it's not mining.  That's a very nice feature.

Great execution by Sushi and the Bitmain team.  Way to raise the bar.
Activity: 677
Merit: 500
Hey sushi!  Welcome back!  Have you sent a replacement 4-pin ribbon cable to me yet? 

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Dell desktop fans are freaking loud but boy do they move air. Love those things.
Activity: 103
For bartsi009:

this is it .. Two fans from factory default Dell computer (I have a lot of spare parts).

It really helps me with temperature.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
Activity: 70
sushi, when is the loterry now that group is closed?

Maybe the winner will receive a extra package with the shipment? Surprise surprise!
SVK
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

I wouldn't mind some on-line draw. Bit of excitement to go with the draw  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
ASIC Myth Buster
BitMain AntMiner Group Buy3

200 Units

Ships on December 20 & 21st

4.25 BTC

Royalty & Quantity Discount Available

Hosting Option is Now Available

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-out-group-buy-3-in-stock-bitmain-antminer-s1-180ghs-ships-on-12201221-374199
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
Activity: 70
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
°^°
got tracking today, get parcels tomorrow Smiley
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
2 units arrived.
while driving to UPS office I've been planning how I'll cut wires of my 2 brand new PSUs, as pci-e extenders had not arrived yet. But in the box was a nice bonus: already installed pci-e connectors!

there were a lot of bonus thermal paste all over the device Smiley

Too much thermalpaste is not a good thing. If the miner runs too hot you/us may have to re-paste it.

On a different note, what do you guys think of adding a second fan to the miners? I'm guessing the main fan is one of those crazy 150 cfm server fans so adding an slightly weaker fan to help it out a bit should be OK.

I own one from the first group buy and add two more fans (pinned to second blade) now I use 3 fans (one in the middle - stock) second two - one on side of each blade. 200 GHs - 42 - 43 Celsius degree. works perfect

One in the middle? Hmm, won't your setup result in conflicting air currents? Maybe a picture would better help me visualize your setup. *hint* Smiley

Umm, also can you let us know what fans you added? Just any regular PC fans or did you go for something more hardcore?

I will send picture lately toady (the midde is the one from stock)

will wait...
Activity: 141
Merit: 111
received my 2 units today thanks Smiley
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
beast at work
got my tracking, 2 more days of waiting  Smiley

I still do not have my one but by any chance are you based in EU ?

EU indeed. I got my numbers today too, heading toward the same place as rammy2k2`s.
Activity: 103
2 units arrived.
while driving to UPS office I've been planning how I'll cut wires of my 2 brand new PSUs, as pci-e extenders had not arrived yet. But in the box was a nice bonus: already installed pci-e connectors!

Too much thermalpaste is not a good thing. If the miner runs too hot you/us may have to re-paste it.

On a different note, what do you guys think of adding a second fan to the miners? I'm guessing the main fan is one of those crazy 150 cfm server fans so adding an slightly weaker fan to help it out a bit should be OK.

I own one from the first group buy and add two more fans (pinned to second blade) now I use 3 fans (one in the middle - stock) second two - one on side of each blade. 200 GHs - 42 - 43 Celsius degree. works perfect

One in the middle? Hmm, won't your setup result in conflicting air currents? Maybe a picture would better help me visualize your setup. *hint* Smiley

Umm, also can you let us know what fans you added? Just any regular PC fans or did you go for something more hardcore?

I will send picture lately toady (the midde is the one from stock)
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
2 units arrived.

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
2 units arrived.

The fan is very quiet as it runs on ~2000 RPM for me, while radiator further from fan heats a lot. 2nd FAN is definitely must have, although I still don't know how to change fan speed settings to speed it up.

The fan is PWM controlled, so the only way to change the fan speed would be from within the miner's firmware/web interface via cgminer arguments. The default fan profiles are probably fine, but I'd still like to have a second fan to help out the first one. In the summer ramping up the fan speed will be a must - at least for me as I'm not hosting the miners in a damn freezer as some of you seem to be doing Smiley

On a different note, I got tracking confirmation #'s so I'm Smiley Also it seems they shipped pretty much the entire order list as two of my orders where near the end of the line (250+) and the tracking info page shows a total that includes even these more recent orders.

Way the go sushi and the antminer team Smiley You guys rock!
Pages:
Jump to: