Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain Antminer S4 Setup [HD] - page 10. (Read 49341 times)

Activity: 289
Merit: 250
I want to get one of these but with the fans spinning twice as fast and more noisy (people in my unit block already complain about the noise from the s3's)
Has something being sorted to bring the noise down or alternatively can we just get better quieter fans & install them ourselves to bring the noise down.
Someone also said something about fan profiles, can u explain what this is & how it works to reduce the noise without comprising on speed?
[/quote

yes please i want to know options aswell
Activity: 676
Merit: 501
I want to get one of these but with the fans spinning twice as fast and more noisy (people in my unit block already complain about the noise from the s3's)
Has something being sorted to bring the noise down or alternatively can we just get better quieter fans & install them ourselves to bring the noise down.
Someone also said something about fan profiles, can u explain what this is & how it works to reduce the noise without comprising on speed?
Thanks hero, a pleasure talk with you
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
I have one question sorry if someone think im stupid

im order 16 units of antminer how I connect all the antminers to the same router??

i need a switch  true ? and switch to the router.

Im a normal 10gb connection at home

Yes just a network switch will do.
I have one question sorry if someone think im stupid

im order 16 units of antminer how I connect all the antminers to the same router??

i need a switch  true ? and switch to the router.

Im a normal 10gb connection at home

legendary
dogiecoin.com
Hey so I just got my S4 in the mail.

When I turn it on, it says the IP is 127.0.0.1.

How can I connect to my miner? When I try going to 192.168.1.99 nothing comes up.

Do I need to have it directly plugged into the router or can I plug it into a computer that is wirelessly connected to the internet.

Sorry for the questions but just trying to figure this thing out.

Straight into router would be best. Make sure your DHCP table is enabled. If it is, reseat SD card and try again. If still not working, reflash the SD card with the image in post #2 of the S4 thread.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hey so I just got my S4 in the mail.

When I turn it on, it says the IP is 127.0.0.1.

How can I connect to my miner? When I try going to 192.168.1.99 nothing comes up.

Do I need to have it directly plugged into the router or can I plug it into a computer that is wirelessly connected to the internet.

Sorry for the questions but just trying to figure this thing out.
Activity: 68
My B2 S4 works perfectly running 7 x 24 for two weeks, but  two days ago the hashing power goes from  aprox. 2Ths to 0 without any reason. I'm able to access the miner, that shows the hashing downgrade. Soft re-start makes no difference and I need to manually restart it to get full hashing power again.

Do anyone else have the same issue? Any work around it?

Thanks!
Activity: 2
Great, thanks very much !
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Hi Dogie,

thanks for the guide ! In regards to the Power setup, as the s4 does not ship with a power cable they recommend "a line with no less than 16A " on their website. The normal 10A 250v cables seem to work perfectly. Is this safe?

If you're on 230V yes, if not, no.
Activity: 2
Hi Dogie,

thanks for the guide ! In regards to the Power setup, as the s4 does not ship with a power cable they recommend "a line with no less than 16A " on their website. The normal 10A 250v cables seem to work perfectly. Is this safe?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
As i see 1400 watt PSU is not completely enough for S4. 0.69x2000 = 1380W (PSU is on it's limit!)
A higher watt PSU or 2 PSU will be better for safely working but it's an extra cost.
What about unplugging the power cable of one module? (i think there are 4 modules and power sockets).
Will it work with %75 efficiency (1.50 TH/s) or it will not work?
Or is there a way to reduce power consumption and hashing by modifying voltage or frequency?
Is there anyone have tried this?

Its more like 1300 1400W AT THE WALL, not pre PSU. The PSU is likely only using 1250W or so of its 1400W capacity.

Thanks for the information. I thought the max 1380W was for the consumption of all chips.
Is it for 0.9 efficieny (gold plus) PSU right?

I doubt it, probably around 85%.

Ok then stock PSU will be enough for the default core voltage and frequency values or a bit down clock rates.

Its absolutely fine for stock speeds.
Activity: 9
As i see 1400 watt PSU is not completely enough for S4. 0.69x2000 = 1380W (PSU is on it's limit!)
A higher watt PSU or 2 PSU will be better for safely working but it's an extra cost.
What about unplugging the power cable of one module? (i think there are 4 modules and power sockets).
Or is there a way to reduce power consumption and hashing by modifying voltage or frequency?

Its more like 1300 1400W AT THE WALL, not pre PSU. The PSU is likely only using 1250W or so of its 1400W capacity.

Thanks for the information. I thought the max 1380W was for the consumption of all chips.

Ok then stock PSU will be enough for the default core voltage and frequency values or a bit down clock rates.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Can the fans be replaced with something quieter? I bought two of these and they are super loud.

BTW: I am we6jbo on here however I don't remember what email I used years ago.

I would wait to see if we get fan profiles via firmware first.

Antminer S4 fan parameters
http://www.perearstike.ee/avatar/S4vent.png
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Hi guys, I have found a lot of people having problems with there AntMiner S4 and not getting proper hashing... When I first hooked up mine I was only getting 800ghs... This is how I fixed it.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=bdhjjHDA_wk     

No videos were found.
Pages:
Jump to: