Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain Antminer S4 Setup [HD] - page 9. (Read 49341 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
thanks for the guide.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
My only problem is the noise, Has anyone else modded the firmware to adjust the speed of the fans???

Also is there anyway to add a power on & power off scheduler, The miner being so loud i'm only running it during the day

I wanna be able to set it up to run between 7am & 8pm everyday...

You may find running them at 100MHs quiets them down enough for you.  They are very power efficient at that speed (for their generation), and you might be able to forgo the whole timer thing.

If its just for noise and he doesn't have a terrible ambient then just the firmware mod should do the trick.
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles
My only problem is the noise, Has anyone else modded the firmware to adjust the speed of the fans???

Also is there anyway to add a power on & power off scheduler, The miner being so loud i'm only running it during the day

You may find running them at 100MHs quiets them down enough for you.  They are very power efficient at that speed (for their generation), and you might be able to forgo the whole timer thing.

In the other thread there is a firmware mod to lower the fans, you'll have to search for it though.

I'm not sure a timer will work on the S4 as its quite picky about requiring a hard (PSU) restart once you drop a module or chip out.

Not to mention needing to press the little button on the power supply once power is restored.  In order to use a timer, you could need to replace the power supply as well with one that auto-restarted.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

In the other thread there is a firmware mod to lower the fans, you'll have to search for it though.

I'm not sure a timer will work on the S4 as its quite picky about requiring a hard (PSU) restart once you drop a module or chip out.
Activity: 676
Merit: 501

well... that is unexpected.  The root password for ssh is different than for the root login via the web?

ps.  Thanks!

Yeah it is, you'll find the Bitmain ones in my FAQs.

S4 only, the S3 uses the web set root password.  Tis cool - just needed to know.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
well... that is unexpected.  The root password for ssh is different than for the root login via the web?

ps.  Thanks!

Yeah it is, you'll find the Bitmain ones in my FAQs.
well... that is unexpected.  The root password for ssh is different than for the root login via the web?

ps.  Thanks!
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Is there any way to SSH into an S4?  I can get into my S3s just fine, but it looks like the default sshd config has root login prevented, and there are no other logins that I know off.  Any magic?

Root + admin works fine for me, you sure you're hitting the right IP?
Is there any way to SSH into an S4?  I can get into my S3s just fine, but it looks like the default sshd config has root login prevented, and there are no other logins that I know off.  Any magic?
Thanks for the very useful information, Dogie!

Has anyone here from the U.S. ordered the S4 directly from Bitmain? I recently placed an order via Wire, and am awaiting confirmation. Just wondering how everyones experience went with them.

I ordered (3) from them over the past month and a half, all arrived within a week without problems.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Does anyone know what to do when the PSU is just flashing red? its been running fine for days then is now doing that and is off? Can this be reset?

If its the same after powering on and off, and you're sure the circuit is good then it sounds like you need to RMA the PSU.

Thats unfortunate , Any idea of how long the process is?

Depends where you're located, if you're in the US you can contact BitmainWarranty for a really quick turnaround.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Does anyone know what to do when the PSU is just flashing red? its been running fine for days then is now doing that and is off? Can this be reset?

If its the same after powering on and off, and you're sure the circuit is good then it sounds like you need to RMA the PSU.

Thats unfortunate , Any idea of how long the process is?
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 201
Merit: 100
42t
Activity: 44

Has anyone here from the U.S. ordered the S4 directly from Bitmain? I recently placed an order via Wire, and am awaiting confirmation. Just wondering how everyones experience went with them.

I ordered my S4 directly from bitmain... it got here in less than a week and is up and running stable. I can't complain at all so far.

Thanks!

Edit: It actually took less time to receive the miner in the mail than it took for the Wire transfer to reach the bank in China. I'm pretty impressed with Bitmain at this point. It's been fairly stable, although hashrates drop to between 1.6 and 1.8 from time to time, but that may be from the heat in the room as the ventilation isn't the best where it is currently.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

I ordered my S4 directly from bitmain... it got here in less than a week and is up and running stable. I can't complain at all so far.
42t
Activity: 44

legendary
dogiecoin.com
I want to get one of these but with the fans spinning twice as fast and more noisy (people in my unit block already complain about the noise from the s3's)
Has something being sorted to bring the noise down or alternatively can we just get better quieter fans & install them ourselves to bring the noise down.
Someone also said something about fan profiles, can u explain what this is & how it works to reduce the noise without comprising on speed?

yes please i want to know options aswell

If your ambient is low you can alter the firmware to quieten down the fans. With any modification, do not let your chips sit about 65C as they've likely not been tested much hotter for long periods. And, you'll 'officially' lose your warranty.
Pages:
Jump to: