Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain Antminer S4 Setup [HD] - page 7. (Read 49341 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Dogie do these still have the problem with Nicehash and westhash. Also what is the wattage used at wall. Thanks

I believe there is a modded firmware floating around which fixes some of the issues with nwhash, wattage at the wall is ~1400W.

Dogie- Can they be under clocked maybe be taken down to 1.5 TH and Lower the wattage. I don't see any real information on this anywhere debating buying one since Bitmain is holding back on the S5s

Also what firmware version is running around for the nwhash issue. Can you at least point me in the right direction. Thanks

Yes they can be underclocked. Its not a bitmain firmware so its not officially recommended: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cgminer-extranoncesubscribe-extension-binaries-available-for-download-850620
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Dogie do these still have the problem with Nicehash and westhash. Also what is the wattage used at wall. Thanks

I believe there is a modded firmware floating around which fixes some of the issues with nwhash, wattage at the wall is ~1400W.

Dogie- Can they be under clocked maybe be taken down to 1.5 TH and Lower the wattage. I don't see any real information on this anywhere debating buying one since Bitmain is holding back on the S5s

Also what firmware version is running around for the nwhash issue. Can you at least point me in the right direction. Thanks
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 840
Merit: 251
legendary
dogiecoin.com
So did anyone find good replacement fans to make it quieter if your going to underclock or just run at stock? I am looking to make these as quiet as possible when I get them and any information would be truly appreciated.

2x SP120s on the front is the best you're going to do, there isn't enough headroom with a 30C ambient.
Sounds awesome, so they push a good amount of air around? I also need the same sized fans for a Thunder X3 that machine is crazy loud, since its a similar design these should push enough air?

It won't make a huge difference in noise as you've still got 2 loud fans in there. The SP120s don't do enough on their won but in conjunction with 2 stock fans they can work.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
So did anyone find good replacement fans to make it quieter if your going to underclock or just run at stock? I am looking to make these as quiet as possible when I get them and any information would be truly appreciated.

2x SP120s on the front is the best you're going to do, there isn't enough headroom with a 30C ambient.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Hi,

I would like to know if someone that have bought S4 miners had same problems as me.

I bought on black friday 32 units, first week working 3 PSU got waisted, after that some more till 7.

I replaced through RMA 6 of the 7 units, one unit was a fan problem, Bitmain told me they would send me a fan, but they did not. No answer from them.

Right now I have got, again, 6 more units with faulty PSU.

Since the first day I had got 4 boards with broken chips, but I couldn't make Bitmain to replace them, I am still under 90 days of warranty.

I had to pay for all the PSU shipment as well.

I opened all units to check them and I could see units full of dust near to be waisted.

Anyone with same problems?

Many people already reported about dust on new unit  Cheesy
Bitmain run "burnin test" before send the unit  Roll Eyes
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi,

I would like to know if someone that have bought S4 miners had same problems as me.

I bought on black friday 32 units, first week working 3 PSU got waisted, after that some more till 7.

I replaced through RMA 6 of the 7 units, one unit was a fan problem, Bitmain told me they would send me a fan, but they did not. No answer from them.

Right now I have got, again, 6 more units with faulty PSU.

Since the first day I had got 4 boards with broken chips, but I couldn't make Bitmain to replace them, I am still under 90 days of warranty.

I had to pay for all the PSU shipment as well.

I opened all units to check them and I could see units full of dust near to be waisted.

Anyone with same problems?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Is the newest firmware on the bitmain website for the S4 the best one to use?
I have my B2 power supply installed and the unit came up but I never could get the 'right' image to write to my SD
Since it is up I will flash through the web interface on the S4 itself if I know the build is good.

Yes it should be good to go.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I've got a few S4 that recently started having every single share discarded.  All of them started this behavior at the exact same time.

Temps are showing as 0, and all ASICs appear to be online. Any ideas? I tried reflashing the firmware, but that hasn't appeared to help.

Running through some steps to double check:
1) I assume you've done hard restarts
2) I assume your mains power is okay and unchanged. Green lights on the back of the PSUs?
3) I assume your pool is fine (what is it)? As its at least receiving shares to discard

If multiple units all had exactly the same thing at once, it can only be the 2 things external to the S4s: Internet or power.

There are multiple S4 at the location.  about 25% of the units at this location have this problem.  The other 75% are fine.

The units are not local to me.  I'll have to head over there tomorrow to physically power cycle them and visually confirm LEDs. 
Was just wondering if there was something I could do remotely to get them going again.

ssh reboot didn't help.

Unfortunately no. While you're there might be worth checking some of the internal power cables as they can work their way loose [bots holding them down] via vibrations.

power cycle got rid of the gremlins..

Glad to hear it.
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
I've got a few S4 that recently started having every single share discarded.  All of them started this behavior at the exact same time.

Temps are showing as 0, and all ASICs appear to be online. Any ideas? I tried reflashing the firmware, but that hasn't appeared to help.

2) I assume your mains power is okay and unchanged. Green lights on the back of the PSUs?
3) I assume your pool is fine (what is it)? As its at least receiving shares to discard

If multiple units all had exactly the same thing at once, it can only be the 2 things external to the S4s: Internet or power.

There are multiple S4 at the location.  about 25% of the units at this location have this problem.  The other 75% are fine.

The units are not local to me.  I'll have to head over there tomorrow to physically power cycle them and visually confirm LEDs. 
Was just wondering if there was something I could do remotely to get them going again.

ssh reboot didn't help.

Unfortunately no. While you're there might be worth checking some of the internal power cables as they can work their way loose [bots holding them down] via vibrations.

power cycle got rid of the gremlins..
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
Is the newest firmware on the bitmain website for the S4 the best one to use?
I have my B2 power supply installed and the unit came up but I never could get the 'right' image to write to my SD
Since it is up I will flash through the web interface on the S4 itself if I know the build is good.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

ssh reboot didn't help.

I've got a few S4 that recently started having every single share discarded.  All of them started this behavior at the exact same time.

ssh reboot didn't help.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I've got a few S4 that recently started having every single share discarded.  All of them started this behavior at the exact same time.

Temps are showing as 0, and all ASICs appear to be online.

Any ideas?

I tried reflashing the firmware, but that hasn't appeared to help.

TIA.

Activity: 207
Merit: 112
Hey Dogie,
   Any experience losing a whole chain? Can't seem to restore it after a hard restart. Should I open it up and check the blade?

Ended up being a ground wire that had worked its way loose! Good to go after a tear down.

legendary
dogiecoin.com
Hey Dogie,
   Any experience losing a whole chain? Can't seem to restore it after a hard restart. Should I open it up and check the blade?

No, that's quite unusual if its after a hard reset. Yes give it a check inside. After that, try changing frequency and voltage as that can sometimes kickstart a misbehaving module. After that, try swapping over power cables from one of the other modules and see if the dead module 'moves'. Let me know how you get on.
Activity: 207
Merit: 112
Hey Dogie,

legendary
dogiecoin.com
What do I do if not all of the ASICS are online even after multiple restarts?

Can you post a screenshot of your configuration page please?
Pages:
Jump to: