Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain Antminer S4 Setup [HD] - page 8. (Read 49341 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
To add more information to things I just now checked on it again as I saw it was not hashing on my pool and saw the LCD screen was lit up but the LAN connection was no longer showing blinking lights or any sort of light. Works fine after a reset once again...

It almost seems to me that the controller board on this unit is defective. This has been going on for over a day now.

The controller boards reeeeally rarely fail, its much more likely to be the SD card. Try reflashing the SD card with the image in post #2 (or clone your other unit). If that doesn't help then we're on to searching for the hardware cause.

Not to double post about my current issue, but I never see a light at all around the controller board or the Lan port, or really anywehere except the ones by the pushbutton on the PSU where I see the flashing red and steady yellow.

Is this PS related or should I try flashing.
What software to write the image to the SD card, I have a card reader.

Flashing red + yellow means faulty, PM BitmainWarranty to arrange an RMA. Be sure to link to your post describing the issues, what type and how many miners you wish to have repaired/replaced and your bitmaintech.com order number.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
What do I do if not all of the ASICS are online even after multiple restarts?
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
To add more information to things I just now checked on it again as I saw it was not hashing on my pool and saw the LCD screen was lit up but the LAN connection was no longer showing blinking lights or any sort of light. Works fine after a reset once again...

It almost seems to me that the controller board on this unit is defective. This has been going on for over a day now.

The controller boards reeeeally rarely fail, its much more likely to be the SD card. Try reflashing the SD card with the image in post #2 (or clone your other unit). If that doesn't help then we're on to searching for the hardware cause.

Not to double post about my current issue, but I never see a light at all around the controller board or the Lan port, or really anywehere except the ones by the pushbutton on the PSU where I see the flashing red and steady yellow.

Is this PS related or should I try flashing.
What software to write the image to the SD card, I have a card reader.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Another thing i have noticed is the S4 doesnt have the pool switching tab, So u can switch from : Failover, Balance or Load Balance?

Is that something that can be fixed??

I'm sure there'll be a option to edit a config via SSH, but I don't have file locations. Someone else will be along shortly to help.
Activity: 676
Another thing i have noticed is the S4 doesnt have the pool switching tab, So u can switch from : Failover, Balance or Load Balance?

Is that something that can be fixed??
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

It's currently hashing on Slush's Pool. I've also had it on Bitcoin Affiliate.

The second Antminer S4 I have at the house is also hashing on Slush's Pool at this very moment.

Antminer A is having to be reboot every 30 minutes about...
Antminer B is hashing stable as can be...

I'm glad to try another pool... but why would one be working just fine but the other is having issues?

Any other ideas?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
-pic-

First thing is to try it on a mainstream pool like btcguild.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
My B2 S4 works perfectly running 7 x 24 for two weeks, but  two days ago the hashing power goes from  aprox. 2Ths to 0 without any reason. I'm able to access the miner, that shows the hashing downgrade. Soft re-start makes no difference and I need to manually restart it to get full hashing power again.

Do anyone else have the same issue? Any work around it?

Thanks!

One of my S4 has been doing this for a few days as well lately... any ideas?

Can you give me a screenshot of the status page please?
My B2 S4 works perfectly running 7 x 24 for two weeks, but  two days ago the hashing power goes from  aprox. 2Ths to 0 without any reason. I'm able to access the miner, that shows the hashing downgrade. Soft re-start makes no difference and I need to manually restart it to get full hashing power again.

Do anyone else have the same issue? Any work around it?

Thanks!

One of my S4 has been doing this for a few days as well lately... any ideas?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
ok I will give that a shot this afternoon. I have been running at 168.75 clock and .685V and getting between 1,650-1,700GH @ 1060-1100 watts at the wall... after about 8 hours the chips start to fail so its not stable yet, I will have keep playing around with it.
when you are changing the frequency from 200 to 100 are you changing the voltage too or leaving it at stock?

When I try to change mine from stock settings to Bitmains stated numbers of 100 Mhz freq and .6V I get less than 500GH at about 400watts at the wall when their chart shows I should have 1,008gh at 481 watts at the wall.

The only thing i changed was the freq from 200 to 100, I didn't adjust the voltage at all & im averaging about 1th. The fans are now in the reasonable range to use at night...

Maybe the trick here is to not touch the voltage at all???
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
when you are changing the frequency from 200 to 100 are you changing the voltage too or leaving it at stock?

When I try to change mine from stock settings to Bitmains stated numbers of 100 Mhz freq and .6V I get less than 500GH at about 400watts at the wall when their chart shows I should have 1,008gh at 481 watts at the wall.

My only problem is the noise, Has anyone else modded the firmware to adjust the speed of the fans???

Also is there anyway to add a power on & power off scheduler, The miner being so loud i'm only running it during the day

I wanna be able to set it up to run between 7am & 8pm everyday...

You may find running them at 100MHs quiets them down enough for you.  They are very power efficient at that speed (for their generation), and you might be able to forgo the whole timer thing.

If its just for noise and he doesn't have a terrible ambient then just the firmware mod should do the trick.

No my room has 3 x S3's running stock & a C1 running at stock, Ive just brought a thermometer and it reads between 30 & 40 degrees Celsius... It gets too hot too work in...

Switching the freq from 200 to 100 has made a substantial diff to the noise & i'm still getting 1th from them.
At this speed can anyone tell me how much power this is drawing (I run on 240v in Australia)

Is it as simple as swith freq from 200 drawing 1400w to 100 freq will draw 700w or will it do even better than that??
My only problem is the noise, Has anyone else modded the firmware to adjust the speed of the fans???

Also is there anyway to add a power on & power off scheduler, The miner being so loud i'm only running it during the day

I wanna be able to set it up to run between 7am & 8pm everyday...

Ok well if no on off timer manual from the switch or built into the software can be achieved,

Then (And i'm guessing the answer is No to this too cause u need to do a power down the machine to achieve this too)

Is there anyway of making a time schedule to change the freq of the chips from 200 to 100???

So the fans run quieter during the night??

Or will i have to just do this manually??
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
thanks for the guide.
Please share the link...  Cheesy Somewhy I can't see any guides here...
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Does anybody can confirm that Bitmain Antminer S4 can actualy change it voltage on the boards?

So one need check this with voltmeter.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Pages:
Jump to: