Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide [1st Feb 2016] - page 14. (Read 131287 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
when is 3rd gen coming ? Roll Eyes
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051
Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs
Let's not derail from the main subject. Why are you favoring old and outdated ratings instead of adjusting them to reflect reality?

Read the changelog.

*Although SpondooliesTech is currently selling out of hand, they have not yet demonstrated that their business model can support this into the next generation. On the announcement of next gen preorders, this rating will return to 'Yes'. On the announcement of next gen in hand / batch sales, this rating will increase to 'Batch' or 'No'.

Why is SP-Tech the only company that is being rated by their business model supporting or not their next gen? Why treat SP-Tech differently and why not reflect the present?

Bias.

This is my repeated disagreement with Dogie. He is judging us based on our future 3rd gen which I've said countless time that we won't take pre-orders due to the high risk of the design.
It's a mute point, he is stubborn, crazy dog.

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Let's not derail from the main subject. Why are you favoring old and outdated ratings instead of adjusting them to reflect reality?

Read the changelog.

*Although SpondooliesTech is currently selling out of hand, they have not yet demonstrated that their business model can support this into the next generation. On the announcement of next gen preorders, this rating will return to 'Yes'. On the announcement of next gen in hand / batch sales, this rating will increase to 'Batch' or 'No'.

Why is SP-Tech the only company that is being rated by their business model supporting or not their next gen? Why treat SP-Tech differently and why not reflect the present?

They are not. BFL is in EXACTLY the same position and is being treated EXACTLY the same. Both have relied on a preorder model to sustain their business, both are claiming that they will do it differently in the next generation, both are yet to prove that so have an interim score with clear conditions for progression laid out.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

Read the changelog.

legendary
dogiecoin.com
I'm not involved in that sub-thread. I was looking for an avenue to buy new bitfury gear.

I understand. I don't think they're selling as of today, appears to be in a generation transition.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
When is the last sale made from bitfury to the general public?

About 6 weeks ago last I checked

Bitfury sold gear 6 weeks ago?  Where?  To who?  A retail consumer/small miner?  I'm not being facetious, I would like to know.

Openly on the market. You can [could] drop them a message and find out their MOQ and hardware very openly.
Did not answer my question.

I did?

Bitfury sold gear 6 weeks ago? Up until 6 weeks ago they sold the BF3500, yes.
Where? [If to where] Globally [If from where] Bitfury.org when you contact them
To who? Anyone with enough money.
A retail consumer/small miner? I don't see how that's relevant to my thread.
I see.  So your guide is for institutional or large commercial miners.

It is a "manufacturer trustworthiness thread", interpret that how you will.

What it ISN'T however,
1) is a resource that can be tampered with just because one company is anxious to get their 100 rating faster than the system allows, for motives that are NDA'ed and not able to be revealed.
2) is a resource that can be swayed to expel a perfectly legitimate company simply because a competitor determines that they don't fit on the list.

I'll take whatever shit anyone wants to throw at me but I hold myself to ethical and moral standards that aren't compatible with 'corporate pressure'.
I'm not involved in that sub-thread. I was looking for an avenue to buy new bitfury gear.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Bitfury sold gear 6 weeks ago?  Where?  To who?  A retail consumer/small miner?  I'm not being facetious, I would like to know.

Openly on the market. You can [could] drop them a message and find out their MOQ and hardware very openly.

I did?

It is a "manufacturer trustworthiness thread", interpret that how you will.

What it ISN'T however,
1) is a resource that can be tampered with just because one company is anxious to get their 100 rating faster than the system allows, for motives that are NDA'ed and not able to be revealed.
2) is a resource that can be swayed to expel a perfectly legitimate company simply because a competitor determines that they don't fit on the list.

I'll take whatever shit anyone wants to throw at me but I hold myself to ethical and moral standards that aren't compatible with 'corporate pressure'.
legendary

I did?

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Right now it seems like the "mysterious vendor" speaks up repeatedly against your results and is doing their damnedest to force the results in their favor through bribery and using their shills. This is poor form "mysterious vendor", I personally like your products, but these actions are just seriously poor form. You have proven yourselves in the market as a vendor. Generally people seem to trust you as a vendor. These actions would only mess you up really bad as it looks like whining because of a bad review.

You are of course "mysterious vendor" in every right to defend your position. But defend the position you are being rated negatively against, not tank the whole review and create (meaning spam 7 different surveys via proxy) to favor your position. Just seems very manipulative and places question marks on your credibility.

I did?

legendary
dogiecoin.com

I did?

legendary

Bitfury sold gear 6 weeks ago?  Where?  To who?  A retail consumer/small miner?  I'm not being facetious, I would like to know.

legendary
dogiecoin.com

The irony of Bick choosing to use most hated character on a reality TV show to post his view Cheesy
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
1) The SP10, SP30, SP31, SP35 aare all indstrial non consumer miners, so I'm not sure how you can say that. Even the SP20 is barely considerable as a consumer unit as it has to be underclocked to 60-75% to be usable in the home.
Pardon ? I have three SP20's running in my home at full speed. In North America on 120V residential circuits. Many others do as well.

Dude, what's wrong with you ? You know better than this.

The fact that Bitfury is number 1 as they no longer sell to customers the average forum-reader, and Avalon is number 2 considering their history, I'm calling shenanigans on your entire asinine list.

It should be Spondoolies #1, Bitmain #2, and whatever way you want to rate the others that follow.

donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051
Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

Bitfury sold gear 6 weeks ago?  Where?  To who?  A retail consumer/small miner?  I'm not being facetious, I would like to know.

Welcome back Dogie. Have you asked the mods to delete philipma1957 poll questions ?
legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary
dogiecoin.com
1) The SP10, SP30, SP31, SP35 aare all indstrial non consumer miners, so I'm not sure how you can say that. Even the SP20 is barely considerable as a consumer unit as it has to be underclocked to 60-75% to be usable in the home.
Pardon ? I have three SP20's running in my home at full speed. In North America on 120V residential circuits. Many others do as well.

The fact that Bitfury is number 1 as they no longer sell to customers the average forum-reader, and Avalon is number 2 considering their history, I'm calling shenanigans on your entire asinine list.

It should be Spondoolies #1, Bitmain #2, and whatever way you want to rate the others that follow.

Just because they're IN a house doesn't mean they're residential miners. I was pointing out the irony that someone wanted Bitfury removed because its not a 'consumer' miner, yet the person suggesting it was selling only non' consumer' miners.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

legendary
dogiecoin.com
I don't see how the list help a consumer miner make an informed choice. For some reason Dogie decided to tweak the scoring.
He punishes us for taking pre-orders on the 2nd gen, which isn't relevant for the last 3 months.

1) The SP10, SP30, SP31, SP35 are all industrial non consumer miners, so I'm not sure how you can say that. Even the SP20 is barely considerable as a consumer unit as it has to be underclocked to 60-75% to be usable in the home.
2) The scoring has not been tweaked in months and months and months. What I did in the last round was add more description to the criteria so you would stop complaining that somehow they all worked against your company individually.
3) You're 1st gen was entirely preorders, entirely. You're second gen was funded on preorders, which failed to meet their preordered specifications twice. We are still in the second gen. As described in detail, when you announce you're 3rd generation selling out of hand then it can be changed but for now your company relies entirely on the preorder model.
Pages:
Jump to: