Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Handling splits: UASFs, BIP148, etc. - page 2. (Read 48553 times)

KNK
Activity: 692
Merit: 502
To give you an idea Bitfinex said that they had 100.000 BTC and thus 100.000 BCC to distribute.

edit : also it's probable the same coins are being traded many times, boosting the volume.
That's exactly what is happening ... pure pump and dump, which is easy to calculate in advance with limited liquidity as in this case

say the (fair) start price is 200 - you buy 80 BCC for 16-18k which rises the price to 300
then others see the price is rising and are urged to buy "while it's cheap", which rises the price to 500 for another 5-10k (but that's not your money anymore Wink ), because there are just 20 left
then you sell 50 for 400 (you got 2-4k already), but others are selling too because "the price falls I loose!!!", so you can buy again lower than that and the liquidity is even lower (you kept some 30 away) ...
the next step is 300/700 and so on while the amounts are limited to those 100, but when the exchange opens for deposits and withdrawals you sell all because the price will quickly go even lower than those initial 200
Activity: 2380
Merit: 916
fly or die
Was a pump to 0.42 i think! Anyone use viaBTC? Are they reliable? Most importantly, do they allow you to withdraw BTC without advanced verification? They seem to be the official exchange for BCC, but prices are depressed  and i have never used them, so not sure if i should do now. Likewise, are hitbtc reliable? Block confirmations on BCC are absolutely terrible, its been almost 2 hrs and no confirms for transfer to hitbtc! Sad

ViaBTC has 100 BTC daily withdrawal limit for account with basic  verification. They aren't official, but they're one of the main supporters and, I believe, sponsors of the BCC project.
Think better wait for the Bittrex as the the mining & thus tx confirmation is so slow now.

Yep, heard that they need 20 confirms on ViaBTC, by which time the BCC network may cease to exist  Grin.

Bittrex is being tight lipped, and to top it all i don't see how they can have so much of BCC volume transacted on their exchange, its highly improbable that so many people left their coins on an exchange. This could actually be a ploy by the BCC gang to slow things down so they dont get dumped to kingdom come! Hopefully bittrex opens up deposits soon!

To give you an idea Bitfinex said that they had 100.000 BTC and thus 100.000 BCC to distribute.

edit : also it's probable the same coins are being traded many times, boosting the volume.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005
Was a pump to 0.42 i think! Anyone use viaBTC? Are they reliable? Most importantly, do they allow you to withdraw BTC without advanced verification? They seem to be the official exchange for BCC, but prices are depressed  and i have never used them, so not sure if i should do now. Likewise, are hitbtc reliable? Block confirmations on BCC are absolutely terrible, its been almost 2 hrs and no confirms for transfer to hitbtc! Sad

ViaBTC has 100 BTC daily withdrawal limit for account with basic  verification. They aren't official, but they're one of the main supporters and, I believe, sponsors of the BCC project.
Think better wait for the Bittrex as the the mining & thus tx confirmation is so slow now.

Yep, heard that they need 20 confirms on ViaBTC, by which time the BCC network may cease to exist  Grin.

Bittrex is being tight lipped, and to top it all i don't see how they can have so much of BCC volume transacted on their exchange, its highly improbable that so many people left their coins on an exchange. This could actually be a ploy by the BCC gang to slow things down so they dont get dumped to kingdom come! Hopefully bittrex opens up deposits soon!
Activity: 643
Merit: 501
Crypto Mentat
Was a pump to 0.42 i think! Anyone use viaBTC? Are they reliable? Most importantly, do they allow you to withdraw BTC without advanced verification? They seem to be the official exchange for BCC, but prices are depressed  and i have never used them, so not sure if i should do now. Likewise, are hitbtc reliable? Block confirmations on BCC are absolutely terrible, its been almost 2 hrs and no confirms for transfer to hitbtc! Sad

ViaBTC has 100 BTC daily withdrawal limit for account with basic  verification. They aren't official, but they're one of the main supporters and, I believe, sponsors of the BCC project.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005
UAHF seems a success ?

bitcoincash has reached 0.147 btc on bittrex
more than 3k bitcoin abc nodes popped up in one day. not bad, not bad hehe Smiley

interesting,Bitcoincash has reached 0.2 btc on bittrex

but BCC deposits & withdrawals are not opened yet  Sad

Crypto Mentat
UAHF seems a success ?

more than 3k bitcoin abc nodes popped up in one day. not bad, not bad hehe Smiley

but BCC deposits & withdrawals are not opened yet  Sad
Activity: 1918
Merit: 535
UAHF seems a success ?

Activity: 217
Merit: 101
UAHF seems a success ?

UAHF seems a success ?

KNK
So Bcash has even less hashrate then ... we may wait a week for their first block
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
ViaBTC still mining SegWit blocks, so have they decided not to fork?

They have one pool on Bitcoin and one on Bcash.
KNK
ViaBTC still mining SegWit blocks, so have they decided not to fork?
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Looks like Kraken is down.

https://i.imgur.com/ePX8EVU.png
Kraken status page shows 99.86% uptime: https://status.kraken.com/

Yes the login page shows that error for 1hr+ now...
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
It looks like Bitcoin Cash Node is a few blocks behind and isn't accepting new blocks.

Crypto Mentat

- there was nothing to replace as I didn't have Core on the PC when I run the ABC for the 1st time.
- if both apps use the same AppData folder it is impossible to run them simultaneously, the folder is "locked" by the app that started the 1st

ok if it's locked by the app that you started the 1st which i believe it's BitcoinABC , but you previously said that
" I shut it down, and run Bitcoin Core, no problems occurred, it took the same AppData directory and the encrypted wallet.dat in it."

if both took same AppData Directory and wallet.dat , then do you see same amount of Coins on both the clients ?  how does the transactions happening? did you tried?

Yes, same amount of coins. I didn't try to move them, we should wait for the last common block, at least, to be sure we get our BCC.

You could have electrum and full client with the same address & tried to make 2 simultaneous transactions , the 1st accepted and confirmed by the network would remain in the blockchain, the other, rejected, would have no effect on the final balance on your wallet.

at 1:07 pm UTC, no fork detected:

https://www.btcforkmonitor.info/

it was supposed to be at 12:20 am UTC plus six blocks ?

Yes, 6 block means about 1 hour, so it's time!

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Looks like Kraken is down.

at 1:07 pm UTC, no fork detected:

it was supposed to be at 12:20 am UTC plus six blocks ?
Activity: 385
Merit: 251
Your Campaign Manager!

- there was nothing to replace as I didn't have Core on the PC when I run the ABC for the 1st time.
- if both apps use the same AppData folder it is impossible to run them simultaneously, the folder is "locked" by the app that started the 1st

ok if it's locked by the app that you started the 1st which i believe it's BitcoinABC , but you previously said that
" I shut it down, and run Bitcoin Core, no problems occurred, it took the same AppData directory and the encrypted wallet.dat in it."

if both took same AppData Directory and wallet.dat , then do you see same amount of Coins on both the clients ?  how does the transactions happening? did you tried?

Crypto Mentat
when you installed BtcoinABC , didn't it replaced Bitcoin core files?

if i am not wrong in understanding what you did, You are able to run both the Client's BitcoinABC and Bitcoin Core one at once with same Appdata directory?

so if you send BTC to some other address , even the BCC balance should be reduced and transferred to the same address related to BTC which ever it got deposited because the same appdata / Wallet.dat being used by both the clients ?

now let's wait for the split to occur and the dust has settled

right now still no split/fork

Activity: 385
Merit: 251
Your Campaign Manager!

Secondly, my experience with full clients:
I started with installation of the latest version of BitcoinABC - 0.14.6
Than I shut it down, and run Bitcoin Core, no problems occurred, it took the same AppData directory and the encrypted wallet.dat in it.

when you installed BtcoinABC , didn't it replaced Bitcoin core files?

if i am not wrong in understanding what you did, You are able to run both the Client's BitcoinABC and Bitcoin Core one at once with same Appdata directory?

so if you send BTC to some other address , even the BCC balance should be reduced and transferred to the same address related to BTC which ever it got deposited because the same appdata / Wallet.dat being used by both the clients ?
Pages:
Jump to: