Pages:
Author

Topic: Gun free zone - page 12. (Read 21931 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
December 20, 2012, 11:17:22 PM
If you have a gun free zone the police shouldnt have guns either.

If you read the CT's law (not that I expect you), it isn't a gun free zone. Anyone with a proper license and the approval of the school could have a weapon on the school's ground.

Wow.... It's amazing.

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of having a gun free zone and having armed police walking around  Smiley

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
December 20, 2012, 11:16:43 PM
Now according to you let's force an insurance policy for each gun.. Woooaha....

No, I'm actually against licensing drivers, as well. Anarchist, remember? Forcible auto insurance is one of the more annoying government policies.

And running around in a circle with your dick in your hand yelling "I owned you!" doesn't make it so.

Grow up.
donator
Activity: 131
Axios Foundation
December 20, 2012, 10:45:35 PM

If you read the CT's law (not that I expect you), it isn't a gun free zone. Anyone with a proper license and the approval of the school could have a weapon on the school's ground.

Wow.... It's amazing.
Activity: 238
December 20, 2012, 10:43:14 PM
donator
Activity: 131
Axios Foundation
December 20, 2012, 10:35:54 PM
The best part of having you on ignore, FirstAscent, is if I don't feel like reading your posts, I don't have to.

Reckless and drunk driving kill more people than getting shot every year.

Nobody blames the cars. It's the people behind the wheels. And I know you're going to trot out the bullshit argument that guns don't have a purpose other than killing. Yes they do. Recreation, hunting, competitive shooting, and most importantly, self defense.

Again one of the most retarded arguments...... How many states have drivers without a license?

Wait for it...

So WTF myrkul I owned you so many times already silly boy.

Now according to you let's force an insurance policy for each gun.. Woooaha....

Get lost.
December 20, 2012, 04:30:08 PM
So, mr. obama, how the hell do you think stricter guns laws are gonna work?

Yeah, he broke something like 40 laws (if you count each instance). The answer: MOAR LAWZ!

That's like saying: "This man was going over the speed limit, and driving drunk, and caused an accident. Clearly, we need lower speed limits."
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003
December 20, 2012, 04:12:16 PM

This has been the issue since Reagan closed the state run mental health facilities in the 80's.  
+1
I'm willing to admit this is equally important. More important considering other issues as well.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
December 20, 2012, 03:48:43 PM
My agenda is to help people before they believe they need to commit mass-murder.

Good bye, waste of time Re: Gun Free zone.  Two posts is all I needed to have my fill.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 20, 2012, 03:42:54 PM
The best part of having you on ignore, FirstAscent, is if I don't feel like reading your posts, I don't have to.

Same here. I just don't go on about it.

Nobody blames the cars. It's the people behind the wheels. And I know you're going to trot out the bullshit argument that guns don't have a purpose other than killing. Yes they do. Recreation, hunting, competitive shooting, and most importantly, self defense.

You have not addressed the question I asked you. We're not discussing drunks.
December 20, 2012, 03:38:02 PM

December 20, 2012, 03:31:07 PM
45 seconds is a hell of a lot better response time than the 5, 15, or even 45 minutes it takes the cops to get there.
Way to ignore arguments and change the subject. I've wasted enough time with you, welcome to my ignore list.

An honor, I'm sure.

I was responding specifically to this:
I don't know about you but 45 seconds to think about reaching for a gun doesn't seem anything like an appropriate response to a rampage shooting.

If anyone has a better response to my argument than "NO U!" I'm willing to entertain it.

Do you have any response to the last question I posed to you?
December 20, 2012, 03:29:54 PM
This is not a gun problem, it's a mental health issue.  If he can't get a gun he'll put epoxy in the locks and mix bleach and 409 in a bucket.

This is the wrong argument.  We should focus on recognizing these people when they're young and getting them into the (admittedly barely existent and over-priced for poor people) programs that can help them.  

This has been the issue since Reagan closed the state run mental health facilities in the 80's.  

I certainly don't disagree that we can do better. Blame the libertarians and Republicans. But guns are also the problem.

Next time, don't conflate your (admittedly good) interest in better government funded programs to help people with some sort of agenda you have for an ever escalating quantity of guns.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
December 20, 2012, 03:25:16 PM
This is not a gun problem, it's a mental health issue.  If he can't get a gun he'll put epoxy in the locks and mix bleach and 409 in a bucket.

This is the wrong argument.  We should focus on recognizing these people when they're young and getting them into the (admittedly barely existent and over-priced for poor people) programs that can help them.  

December 20, 2012, 03:21:34 PM
45 seconds is a hell of a lot better response time than the 5, 15, or even 45 minutes it takes the cops to get there.
Way to ignore arguments and change the subject. I've wasted enough time with you, welcome to my ignore list.

An honor, I'm sure.

I was responding specifically to this:
I don't know about you but 45 seconds to think about reaching for a gun doesn't seem anything like an appropriate response to a rampage shooting.

If anyone has a better response to my argument than "NO U!" I'm willing to entertain it.
Activity: 896
December 20, 2012, 03:17:57 PM
December 20, 2012, 03:14:23 PM
Activity: 896
December 20, 2012, 03:03:50 PM
The opinion of a survivor of one of these mass shootings should carry some weight, yeah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEJFAvA-ZUE

actually quite the opposite.
how can the most biased opinion possible further a rational discussion?

Really? The opinion of some who has been the victim of one of these shootings doesn't carry any weight, and, in your opinion should be ignored because it's biased? Are you fucking crazy?
No, he's quite rational. Opinions are biased by definition, a victim is obviously predisposed for the highest bias possible.
Where a victim is most useful is when he/she is acting as a witness, not as a victim and gives facts not opinions.

So, when a rape victim says, "Man, I wish I had a gun." You tell her... what? That a gun wouldn't have helped her? Had that woman not left her weapon in her car, her father would not have died that day. Her mother would not have died that day. Are you going to try to deny that?
Of course, did you actually study what she said?

She doesn't have a clue what would have happened if she had her gun. She even said "He took her a good 45 seconds to realize that this man wasn't there to commit a robbery..." before she thought ot reaching for her purse where a gun should have been.

I don't know about you but 45 seconds to think about reaching for a gun doesn't seem anything like an appropriate response to a rampage shooting. And that's what all gun advocates fail to realize: if it's not your daily job to react to aggression and you have the appropriate training and reflexes that go with this responsibility your gun is of practically no use, it can even be part of the problem as it's potentially more weapon and ammo to grab for the shooter. Even if she had her gun, she would probably have missed because of the stress and instantly become the primary target for the shooter. This seems like an old story so like she said he was a big target and she may have had a chance. Today killers even wear body armor so only a bullet to the head would stop them, she would have been dead mere seconds after drawing her gun.

As I said in a previous post, today in her situation a kevlar suit and a taser would be far more effective for survival (assuming that's the goal but I think many fantasize about killing the killer instead of minimizing the damage he can do...).
December 20, 2012, 02:56:58 PM
OK then, you enjoy your little fantasy-land.

It's people like you who are the culture of America that you blame the problem on. You and your buddies keep saying - "You can't change American culture. It's just the way it is." Well, I'm sorry, but attitude and education make a difference.

Tell me again why Japan's homicide rate is so low.
December 20, 2012, 02:50:33 PM
Reduce guns in America. Gun permits should be federally controlled, to eliminate situations like Chicago.

Institute a federal gun buy back program. For every X guns bought back, one gun permit is issued to the next qualifying individual, where X is some number > 1.

Sounds like an excellent plan to get guns out of law-abiding hands.

You haven't thought it through, have you?

Criminals will just hand in all their guns, huh? They're stupid, not insane.

Yes. They want a quick buck and only think very short term. Those with permits will understand the dynamics, and be resistant to hand in their guns, obviously.
OK then, you enjoy your little fantasy-land.
December 20, 2012, 02:46:57 PM
Reduce guns in America. Gun permits should be federally controlled, to eliminate situations like Chicago.

Institute a federal gun buy back program. For every X guns bought back, one gun permit is issued to the next qualifying individual, where X is some number > 1.

Sounds like an excellent plan to get guns out of law-abiding hands.

You haven't thought it through, have you?

Criminals will just hand in all their guns, huh? They're stupid, not insane.

Yes. They want a quick buck and only think very short term. Those with permits will understand the dynamics, and be resistant to hand in their guns, obviously.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gun-buyback-program-in-deadly-nj-city-nets-over-1000-firearms-breaks-record/

… it was revealed Tuesday by the attorney general that many of the “long guns” turned in to authorities over the weekend had been used to kill Camden city police officers.
Pages:
Jump to: