Pages:
Author

Topic: Guns - page 10. (Read 22182 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
July 30, 2012, 04:57:52 PM
Myrkul,

Here are some shootings for you: www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/pdf/major-shootings.pdf

Why don't you get to tallying, graphing, calculating, and hypothesizing?

Or, you could just be honest and admit that you already know all the numbers in the world won't convince you.

Whatever it is you said, it doesn't apply to me.

For example:

In my experience, the side that can't address their points with serious intellectual honesty is usually the wrong one. You don't need cheap tactics and underhanded behavior when logic and facts are in your favor.

Hence the reason that myrkul needs to be intellectually honest, instead of selective in his data choices.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
July 30, 2012, 04:56:23 PM
Go right ahead. Here, this link, and the pages connected to it, should help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers:_Americas

Should be enough data there to weave a rope to hang yourself with. I'll even allow three categories: stopped by cop (arrested, killed by police), Stopped by citizen (or mob), and Not stopped (suicide, escaped). Have fun,  and remember, I'll be checking your data.

Really? Learn to read first. Go back to the page and read. Now collect all of the data that I need - each incident must have a compete story. (And don't forget to include school massacres, workplace killings, hate crimes)

No, no, no.... You said you were countering my useless statistics with your useless statistics. My useless statistics have already been posted: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1063729 We're waiting on yours, now. All the links are there to collect all the data you want to make an average. Go on, I'll wait.

I already countered that with two shootings where cops stopped a guy with only 1 victim each. Your statistics failed to include that, and it's useless.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1064328

Selectively picked statistics (by a third party) is a huge LOL.

July 30, 2012, 04:53:03 PM
Or, you could just be honest and admit that you already know all the numbers in the world won't convince you.

In my experience, the side that can't address their points with serious intellectual honesty is usually the wrong one. You don't need cheap tactics and underhanded behavior when logic and facts are in your favor.

In my experience, people who says this are usually the guilty ones.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!
July 30, 2012, 04:51:55 PM
Myrkul,

Here are some shootings for you: www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/pdf/major-shootings.pdf

July 30, 2012, 04:41:11 PM
Myrkul,

July 30, 2012, 12:41:02 PM
That's a joke. And that's precisely why you should do some research yourself. Thus far, your actions only speak for the sloppiness and bias of your position.

Be that as it may, I still haven't seen anyone comment on the video.

I haven't seen any video. However, regarding the data, I really don't see the point why you would put forth data at all unless you're going to be thorough.
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
July 30, 2012, 02:47:46 AM
That's a joke. And that's precisely why you should do some research yourself. Thus far, your actions only speak for the sloppiness and bias of your position.

Be that as it may, I still haven't seen anyone comment on the video.
July 30, 2012, 02:42:31 AM
I think the point is, nobody should take you seriously if you can't respect your own research enough to do it thoroughly. I believe the burden falls upon you to demonstrate the completeness of your statistics.

Not my research:
Thanks to the folks over at the Silver Circle movie for the heads-up, and all the stats.

July 30, 2012, 02:24:25 AM
I think the point is, nobody should take you seriously if you can't respect your own research enough to do it thoroughly. I believe the burden falls upon you to demonstrate the completeness of your statistics.

Not my research:
Thanks to the folks over at the Silver Circle movie for the heads-up, and all the stats.
July 30, 2012, 02:19:12 AM
Go right ahead. Here, this link, and the pages connected to it, should help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers:_Americas

Should be enough data there to weave a rope to hang yourself with. I'll even allow three categories: stopped by cop (arrested, killed by police), Stopped by citizen (or mob), and Not stopped (suicide, escaped). Have fun,  and remember, I'll be checking your data.

Really? Learn to read first. Go back to the page and read. Now collect all of the data that I need - each incident must have a compete story. (And don't forget to include school massacres, workplace killings, hate crimes)

No, no, no.... You said you were countering my useless statistics with your useless statistics. My useless statistics have already been posted: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1063729 We're waiting on yours, now. All the links are there to collect all the data you want to make an average. Go on, I'll wait.

July 30, 2012, 01:48:23 AM

July 30, 2012, 01:38:41 AM

July 30, 2012, 01:31:22 AM
I thought your motivation was this:

My whole reason posting here was to prove to everyone - no statistics exists that proves that guns increase or reduce violence.

Instead, you now seem to be taking an utilitarian anti-gun position - that more guns = more violence... So, which battle-ground do you want to fight on, utilitarian, or moral?

I am countering your useless statistics with my useless statistics.

July 30, 2012, 01:19:24 AM

My whole reason posting here was to prove to everyone - no statistics exists that proves that guns increase or reduce violence.

Instead, you now seem to be taking an utilitarian anti-gun position - that more guns = more violence... So, which battle-ground do you want to fight on, utilitarian, or moral?

I am countering your useless statistics with my useless statistics.
July 30, 2012, 01:18:10 AM

July 29, 2012, 11:52:23 PM
Lets see if gun friendly states had more shootings (and more victims) than not gun friendly states.
July 29, 2012, 11:46:30 PM
Stopped by cops:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Western_Reserve_University_shooting Stopped by police. 1 dead.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickliffe_Middle_School_shooting 1 dead

I can look for more wiki ain't useful.

BTW when was the last time that anyone got shot in high school in NYC? Like 50s?
July 29, 2012, 11:42:00 PM
July 29, 2012, 11:37:17 PM
Charles Joseph Whitman kills his mother and his wife, and the following day climbed a clock tower at the University of Texas and picked off passers by with a sniper riffle. 15 dead and 31 injured. Charles was shot and killed by Austin police.

Of course you forgot that a bunch of civies tried to shoot him. So fail.

July 29, 2012, 11:19:11 PM
See, simple maths.

Not so simple. Because you forgot to count where cops stopped murderers. Duh. You only picked massacres.

Pages:
Jump to: