Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market - page 28. (Read 4472 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0
September 21, 2018, 09:37:59 AM
I think it is one of the reason. why? because after the hacking a lot of new or going to invest will hesitated to invest in this type of market. It will also affect the credibility of the hacked crypto and that is the start of downfall of that project.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
September 21, 2018, 09:26:25 AM
This is not entirely true, because hacking affects not only the crypto currency, think for yourself, if it were not for hackers, then we would not be able to build such a security system today, it seems to me that it is hackers that contribute to improving security.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
September 21, 2018, 09:20:58 AM
Yes, I was hacked once and I lost 10 different coins there, although the amount was small. But this was the fault of the current, I did not include 2fa authentication and the exchange did not raise any questions. The main thing is to monitor the security of your wallet and include all security measures. Neither of which sites it shine its passwords from exchanges also install an antivirus and update the system itself.
That is usually the problem for a lot of people. They open an account and then they tend not to use the available measure of security to be able to get the account fully secured. Hackers are always looking for those they can feed on and as long as you leave your account vulnerable at any certain point in time, then you will easily be a target.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
September 21, 2018, 09:14:35 AM
Hacking help all market must be improved their system! No hack! We have no best system!
but lose so big there will be no chance of recovery!
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
September 21, 2018, 07:18:23 AM
I have several tips to help:
1. Always verify a Web wallet’s address, and don’t follow links to an Internet bank or Web wallet.
2. Before sending, double-check the recipient’s address (at least check the first and last characters), the amount being sent, and the size of the associated fee.
3. Write down a mnemonic phrase that allows you to recover a cryptowallet if you lose it or forget your password.
4. Keep a cool head and make informed decisions when crypto-investing, and don’t panic or hurry.
5. Always remember that crypto-investment is very risky. Do not invest more than you’re ready to lose at any moment. Diversify your investments.
6. Use cryptocurrency hardware wallets.
7. Run high-quality antivirus protection to protect the devices you use to access cryptowallets, trade on crypto-exchanges, and so on.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
September 21, 2018, 07:00:43 AM
Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

Hacking kills everything, that’s true, but it doesn’t affect everyone. Just like me I have never been a victim of hackers before and I pray it doesn’t happen to me. Maybe that’s because I’m being careful. But what about those who lost their coins/money due to an exchanger they invested in getting hacked? Were they careless or what? Maybe not or they were wrong by investing in the wrong website.

I hate hackers with passion, most of them are just thieves and they are spoiling everything. I wish there will always be a way to stop them. They don’t deserve any mercy when they are caught.
Activity: 340
Merit: 2
September 20, 2018, 12:10:34 PM
Fortunately, I traded on the floor has not encountered a hacker status. When you trade, first look at the operation we do, check whether the received and received transactions are matched and act correctly and quickly.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
September 20, 2018, 11:46:14 AM
Yes, I was hacked once and I lost 10 different coins there, although the amount was small. But this was the fault of the current, I did not include 2fa authentication and the exchange did not raise any questions. The main thing is to monitor the security of your wallet and include all security measures. Neither of which sites it shine its passwords from exchanges also install an antivirus and update the system itself.
Activity: 448
Merit: 281
September 20, 2018, 11:35:28 AM
Hacking is sincerely one of the demerit of crypto, it makes people lose trust in the innovation of blockchain, hopefully a lasting solution can be found to tackle this obstacle.
I wonder why a lot of people are talking about demerits, as if hacking does not happen anywhere. It only becomes a demerit, if you are the careless type and as far as I am concerned, anyone who ended up hacked before must at some point got careless.

Yes, we have heard about the issues like the MtGox, which was an unfortunate incident, but as far as I am concerned, someone with a qwerty1234 password or someone who is not using the additional features to stay secured like 2FA will always end up being a victim at one point.

I have never been hacked and I do not think I can be hacked as long as I try to keep taking precautionary measures when it comes to doing transactions, keeping my wallets secured and giving any hacker a tough time to ever want to get access to my funds. The reason why a lot of people become victim is because they are ignorant of how they can stay safe or they simply are just careless.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
September 19, 2018, 07:59:36 AM
Pretty sure that almost all of the major exchanges have had a hacking incident in the past few years, however only a few of them have recovered well and continue to operate successfully in 2018. I don't think hacking is as much of a concerns as it used to be as many exchanges keep the majority of their funds in offline and multi-sig wallets, but it's definitely a problem that is being worked on, and gradually being stomped out.
Activity: 308
Merit: 49
September 19, 2018, 07:19:32 AM
1- Ever been hacked?

I am grateful that I never experienced being hacked by someone and never lost a coin in the exchange place.

my advice, always bookmark sites that we often visit, and take advantage of the 2FA facility if there is an exchange
Activity: 658
Merit: 260
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 19, 2018, 06:56:27 AM
I have never gotten into the hacking situation yet but just read the stories of others and off course the big exchanges which got hacked and eventually lost more than millions of dollars with a blank of an eye!!

I have always kept my wallets and addresses limited and if I am making bigger transaction from any wallet then I will just do it once and then I will change it immediately because it is important to do it so that next time hackers wont get attention to that particular wallet at all.

Off course if this space offers you creation of unlimited wallets and addresses then take the advantages of it and keep changing the address so that no one can trace it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
September 19, 2018, 06:54:14 AM
Be very attentive. Beware of fishing links, do not show your private key to anybody, don't use public wi-fi, use 2-f authentication.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 251
September 19, 2018, 06:52:27 AM
Hacking is always the case, hacking is not only in crypto and but in all the world of the internet. Hacking is feared and is always a bad effect on the market. I have never experienced it, hopefully not, I always keep assets in the official wallet of the coin. Exchange is a trading place, therefore I only place some assets that I want to trade and after that pull it back in my personal wallet.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
September 19, 2018, 06:44:08 AM
1- Ever been hacked?

Fortunately for me, I have never been hacked before. However, i have seen friends and family who have been hacked off their assets as a result of not paying attention to best security practices. Here are my tips to keep safe

1. Never remember your passwords on your browser. It is best to use third party software that will encrypt your password
2. Never leave your assets in an exchange unless you intend to trade with them. If you want to hold an asset, hardware wallets like Nano and Trezor are your best friends
3. Always use 2 way authentication for your accounts

Now despite all these tips, Hackers are evolving at a rapid rate on all layers of the internet. So i came across cloudbric that has created a decentralized universal security platform where data intelligence is open and updated by users to keep the web safe. I believe that is a unique solution that will prevent hacking. https://www.cloudbric.com/
Activity: 1064
Merit: 102
September 19, 2018, 06:35:49 AM
1- Ever been hacked?

Yes, Hacking is sincerely one of the demerit of crypto, it makes people lose trust in the innovation of blockchain, hopefully a lasting solution can be found to tackle this obstacle.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
September 19, 2018, 06:27:51 AM
1- Ever been hacked?

I agree this is one of the bad sides of decentralization you cannot get your money back once your wallet was hacked, and it will take to long before exchange pay you back or sometimes not all if the exchanges were hacked so far it hasn't happened to me, we really need to secure and think on all our actions.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
September 19, 2018, 06:27:05 AM
1- Ever been hacked?

i think hacking is not the main reason why we had this bearish situation or kill the crypto market as being a crypto holders we have the choice to use a good exchange like binance, kucoin as those have a safer exchanges than those decentralize exchanges. The manipulation of price and FUD has did it to fall down the price of crypto market.
Activity: 229
Merit: 11
September 19, 2018, 06:25:56 AM
Hacking is everywhere in the IT world. Besides those exchanges and their business models are new. So It's a life turn.
So I think scam projects are ruining our ecosystem.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
September 19, 2018, 06:21:19 AM
1- Ever been hacked?

Do not keep all your coins on one exchange, use hardware wallets and a good antivirus, be careful. I think that hackers are the smallest problem in the cryptocurrency sphere.
Pages:
Jump to: