Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 117. (Read 34166 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 02, 2018, 05:44:26 PM
closing the onda 8+4  in a case.

means smaller shorter cards..

like zotac mini 1070 ti's
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
January 02, 2018, 04:07:27 PM
Just subbing to the new thread. Happy new year all.
Activity: 305
Merit: 148
Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!
January 02, 2018, 04:02:53 PM
Seems to me there are just a few (closed) cases for the Onda boards.. prices differ A LOT! any recommendation (EU would be great but depends on the price of course)?

I'm going to build my own case, but one thing I would be wary of if buying a pre-made case is that the hole pattern on the Onda mobo will almost certainly be non-standard. Maybe the portion of the board that is within the ATX dimensions will have the ATX hole pattern, but the remainder of the board could be anything.

This one with support for 12 GPUs with the Onda board looks nice. Many other cases in the same site: https://cryptomined.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=245_358_364&products_id=363&zenid=5pscarqbt1l57ovm13iscnrip1

Convert the mm to inches and you will find this case is not very tall and not deep enough to hold larger cards, which is a shame.
Activity: 336
Merit: 15
January 02, 2018, 03:42:18 PM
Oooh... My Nicehash balance just went down to zero... despite it not having hit 0.1 BTC yet. They're processing payments currently, but if they do pay me out before I reach the 0.1 BTC threshold that would be a (nice) surprise...

The alternative would ofc be that they are in the process of running away with the balances again! Cheesy
Hi! Did you received your money from NH? Today, they also sent me my BTC and charged 0.00313719 (Fee). Is it normal price? %)
According to the blockchain extract, it looks like I did!
I'll check the fee amount but I'm not expecting miracles. BTC transaction fees are what they are nowadays, not much that can be done about them...

It really is no pleasure with the current fees. I have one transaction stuck for 3 weeks already because I went cheapo on the fees and didn't really need the BTC - just wanted to move it to another wallet. Good for you that you received your payout though!

Are any of you guys mining in the basement - even if you live in a flat?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
January 02, 2018, 03:35:21 PM
Oooh... My Nicehash balance just went down to zero... despite it not having hit 0.1 BTC yet. They're processing payments currently, but if they do pay me out before I reach the 0.1 BTC threshold that would be a (nice) surprise...

The alternative would ofc be that they are in the process of running away with the balances again! Cheesy
Hi! Did you received your money from NH? Today, they also sent me my BTC and charged 0.00313719 (Fee). Is it normal price? %)
According to the blockchain extract, it looks like I did!
I'll check the fee amount but I'm not expecting miracles. BTC transaction fees are what they are nowadays, not much that can be done about them...
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
January 02, 2018, 03:00:36 PM
anyone use a hardware wallet?? if so which one.

also anyone got a suggestion on a software wallet for tons of coins for safe holding?

HW wallet, I use Trezor - basic but its simple to use and most secure.
Ledger Nano S supports more alts coins
Desktop wallet, Exodus and Eden
Mobile wallet, Coinomi

Try out the rest too and see which ones are suitable for your day to day use.

Most of my daily crypto activities are done mainly in Gemini, Bittrex, Binance and Kucoin
Then long term stash at Trezor, short term Exodus & Eden

Does the Trezor support altcoins also
I don’t need everyone under the sun just the basic

BTC, BCH, LTC, ETH, ETC, BTG, DASH and ZEC

Ledger Nano S has more alts

Exodus/Eden .... so many!

I use jaxx at the moment
But I hear a lot about exodus is it good??
I’ll probably grab the Trezor it looks promising
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
January 02, 2018, 02:50:44 PM
Seems to me there are just a few (closed) cases for the Onda boards.. prices differ A LOT! any recommendation (EU would be great but depends on the price of course)?

I'm going to build my own case, but one thing I would be wary of if buying a pre-made case is that the hole pattern on the Onda mobo will almost certainly be non-standard. Maybe the portion of the board that is within the ATX dimensions will have the ATX hole pattern, but the remainder of the board could be anything.

This one with support for 12 GPUs with the Onda board looks nice. Many other cases in the same site: https://cryptomined.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=245_358_364&products_id=363&zenid=5pscarqbt1l57ovm13iscnrip1
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
January 02, 2018, 02:28:42 PM

also anyone got a suggestion on a software wallet for tons of coins for safe holding?

Mobile wallet, Coinomi

Most of my daily crypto activities are done mainly in Gemini, Bittrex, Binance and Kucoin

Here is the full list for Nano S:

https://ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005304449-Which-altcoins-and-tokens-are-supported-by-the-Ledger-products-

This page also links to all the ERC-20 tokens it supports through MEW.

Unfortunately, I guess I am just hodling the wrong coins as only a few of mine are on this list.  Hoping they will add coins like DCR, ADA, XVG, IOTA, etc soon but until then i will look into Exodus/Eden.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
January 02, 2018, 02:23:28 PM
Wow! Total Crypto market value just hit an all-time high... on 2nd day of the year! Now at $665 billion!  Helped a lot by ETH pushing $900 but almost everything in the green at this point!  

Meanwhile, ETHash is back in dominance mining wise (at least for my 470's). 4 of the top 5 are now ETHash with Vivo being the lone exception.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
January 02, 2018, 01:51:42 PM

Mobile wallet, Coinomi

Activity: 420
Merit: 184
January 02, 2018, 01:42:22 PM

Activity: 662
January 02, 2018, 12:57:47 PM
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 02, 2018, 11:45:17 AM

Activity: 672
January 02, 2018, 10:49:46 AM

Mobile wallet, Coinomi

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
January 02, 2018, 10:26:51 AM
BTW, careful with your fingers with those Scythe fans - super those fans - it helps several of my rigs to cool down fast

solution  for fingers  and mounting fans

https://www.amazon.com/Creativity-Street-Chenille-Cleaners-100-Piece/dp/B0044SEKTG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y20QI0K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

yup, with cats poking around the basement on occasion (where the rigs are) fan grills are a must have. saves some human fingers too on occasion, so its a win-win Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
January 02, 2018, 10:09:27 AM

I saw a post awhile ago that.... the CEO tendered his resignation because of the hack.... hmmmm, "nice payout" I bet ... anybody want to speculate?

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/nicehash-ceo-resigns-hackers-steal-63-million-bitcoin/

They would have my trust back more quickly if the CTO left too, his background is… interesting…

the CTO is one of the best hacker around - well documented - ... I use to work for a security firm...
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 02, 2018, 10:04:43 AM

I saw a post awhile ago that.... the CEO tendered his resignation because of the hack.... hmmmm, "nice payout" I bet ... anybody want to speculate?

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/nicehash-ceo-resigns-hackers-steal-63-million-bitcoin/

BTW, careful with your fingers with those Scythe fans - super those fans - it helps several of my rigs to cool down fast

solution  for fingers  and mounting fans

https://www.amazon.com/Creativity-Street-Chenille-Cleaners-100-Piece/dp/B0044SEKTG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y20QI0K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Activity: 615
January 02, 2018, 09:48:35 AM
Are the wallets really needed? 99% of all my BTC is stored and not used at all so that's why I never got one, and the TAILS drives I have are encrypted to the max and all transactions (if any) go over TOR/Onion anyways so I just never bothered with hardware wallets.

With the amount of BTC in the holdings I've always thought about getting a wallet, but just never seen the need yet.

I got 2 Trezors, my wife has 1 and got 3 more Trezors for my boys.

1 BTC in a Trezor for the kids when they turn 21 and face the new world.

Trezors, Ledgers are hardware based OFFLINE wallets - when not in use - there are completely disconnected = secure

Yeah I hear you on the secure offline and I know I will shoot myself if any of the wallets got compromised, let a lone a few of them.

I just can't get myself to justify the transfer fee.

Being a miser will be my downfall lol

I use this chart to let me know when fees are relatively low.  Move coins around when the demand is not so high and fees are lower.  I am finally getting around to claiming some BTG, but not before I move the underlying BTC first.

https://dedi.jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/more/#30d   (Use "Pending Transaction Fee in BTC" as a barometer of a good average fee to use right now)
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
January 02, 2018, 09:08:42 AM

They would have my trust back more quickly if the CTO left too, his background is… interesting…
Activity: 103
Merit: 11
January 02, 2018, 08:56:27 AM

Yes, my outstanding NiceHash balance hit my wallet and I wasn't at 0.1 yet either. I don't know if they paid all balances or if they just lowered the threshold and I happened to be over. I had moved my AMD rigs over to NiceHash for CryptoNight post hack but before they changed the payout threshold with no notice. Now I can move those back to MPH...
Jump to: