Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 113. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 2
January 04, 2018, 09:31:04 AM
I received the payment in the wallet but the status in not shown in the public statistics screen. It is indicated in the in-wallet transaction log under wallet transactions.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
January 04, 2018, 09:21:30 AM
ehsminer has been popping up in threads for a while now - and quickly getting marked as a scam every time they do.

have they ever opened any kind of sale in the past? They don't even show a semi finished product . .
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
January 04, 2018, 09:17:03 AM
Have you guys been following ehsminer? Interesting to see they are now taking pre-orders. . wish I could find someone who had a real test version of it.

https://youtu.be/FxaHYOUkhlQ

I go over what I could find out about it in this video

https://www.ehsminer.com/ here's their site, i've been watching it for a couple months now and now that they've added a price and are apparently taking peoples money it has me more interested than ever xD

The 1GH miner is estimated 6 months away.  The 2GH miner is later in the year.  That's a little too far out for me for a company that has never released an ASIC miner before.
yeah I completely agree especially at that price point. . if the miners real why wouldn't bitmain drop the L4 the month before ehs is released lol #classicbitmain
Activity: 558
Merit: 194
January 04, 2018, 09:06:50 AM
Today's payment was 2 hours late...

And counting.  I''m still not seeing anything...
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
January 04, 2018, 09:06:24 AM

I suspect HBM2 production still isn't ramping up enough to support as much Vega production as AMD would prefer.

I have ZERO doubt that the AMD current shortage/price jumps are mining-related - and same on the Nvidia 1070 (which is seeing AMD cards pushing into it's price area some) and 1070 ti.

Oddly enough there doesn't seem to be any shortage on 1060 cards - though pricing seems to have going up some.

Still, I think even aside from this AMD missed the boat big time. and, the HBM2 issue doesn't explain the Nvidia shortages on their higher end cards.  THis is a lot like the market shortage back in Q2. First, all the AMD 4xx & 5xx disappeared then Nvidia was next to go short. I think there are still a lot of people that think AMD first when it comes to mining, given they were clearly the better choice before so many Equihash coins become very profitable to mine with GTX.

The really ODD part is that it's NVIDIA cards that are in really short supply now, AMD cards have had the pricing jump the last week but they're still AVAILABLE, Nvidia cards 1070 and up are not only price rise some but availability VERY short.

It's not just Newegg - EVGA themselves had very few "available" cards in the 1070 and up range when I checked this afternoon, NONE of the 1070 ti models except the Hybrid, 2 or 3 each on the 1070 1080 and 1080 ti.

History shows that when stock runs low and prices rise that a new product is being produced.  I'd expect to see some form of Volta showing up mid Feb and we probably wont be able to get them until mid to late March.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
January 04, 2018, 09:02:21 AM
Ok, so this is a little concerning.  This morning my NH wallet balance is $0.00.

I see where it appears they did the usual in-wallet transaction to my local wallet around 6am:

But notice the actual transaction is missing and that $ symbol signifying a payment is missing from the graph...

Are you guys seeing the same thing?

Today's payment was 2 hours late...
January 04, 2018, 08:59:59 AM
Ok, so this is a little concerning.  This morning my NH wallet balance is $0.00.

I see where it appears they did the usual in-wallet transaction to my local wallet around 6am:

But notice the actual transaction is missing and that $ symbol signifying a payment is missing from the graph...

Are you guys seeing the same thing?
January 04, 2018, 08:45:22 AM
Evga should be on track today the 4th  as they are supposed to start shipping again.

I hope so.  Looking at their on-line store, the only cards (air cooled) they available right now are:

1080 FTW $559.99 (limit 1)
1080 SC2 $549.99 (b-stock limit 4)
1070 FTW2 $489.99 (limit 1)
Activity: 662
Merit: 500
January 04, 2018, 06:39:33 AM
Has anyone tried this case and knows what cards fit in there? I think about ordering one but don´t want to stick to minis or 1060s

https://cryptomined.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=245_358_361&products_id=360&zenid=5pscarqbt1l57ovm13iscnrip1
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
January 04, 2018, 05:52:19 AM

I suspect HBM2 production still isn't ramping up enough to support as much Vega production as AMD would prefer.

I have ZERO doubt that the AMD current shortage/price jumps are mining-related - and same on the Nvidia 1070 (which is seeing AMD cards pushing into it's price area some) and 1070 ti.

Oddly enough there doesn't seem to be any shortage on 1060 cards - though pricing seems to have going up some.

Still, I think even aside from this AMD missed the boat big time. and, the HBM2 issue doesn't explain the Nvidia shortages on their higher end cards.  THis is a lot like the market shortage back in Q2. First, all the AMD 4xx & 5xx disappeared then Nvidia was next to go short. I think there are still a lot of people that think AMD first when it comes to mining, given they were clearly the better choice before so many Equihash coins become very profitable to mine with GTX.

The really ODD part is that it's NVIDIA cards that are in really short supply now, AMD cards have had the pricing jump the last week but they're still AVAILABLE, Nvidia cards 1070 and up are not only price rise some but availability VERY short.

It's not just Newegg - EVGA themselves had very few "available" cards in the 1070 and up range when I checked this afternoon, NONE of the 1070 ti models except the Hybrid, 2 or 3 each on the 1070 1080 and 1080 ti.

yup sold out here, happened to grab the last 3x zotac 1080ti amp extreme from a store after i made inquiries on multiple stores..it maybe here in my door step by tomorrow.

one of the store said to me that there will be price increase after the stocks sold out.
January 04, 2018, 05:49:51 AM
Ah, so you're using Nicehash's algo-switcher. Gotcha.
Guess that's fair if you have many rigs, I agree it would get old pretty quickly to monitor them daily. I still do it but with 4 rigs it's still manageable.

You'd still have the option to go with Nemosminer or Sniffdog, btw.

I'd love to use nicehash miner to profit switch, but I really have gone off windows rigs lately. I just want my rigs to manage themselves.

Are there any reliable Linux OS which offer profit switching on nicehash?

Nope - AFAIK Nicehash does not offer a LINUX version of their auto-switcher part at all.

You're right that NH does not offer a Lunix version of their miner directly, however, nvOC (Linux based mining os) does offer a couple of the NiceHash pools, but are limited to:

Code:
# NICE_ETHASH autoconverts to BTC: ensure you update BTC_ADDRESS if you use NICE_ETHASH
NICE_ETHASH_WORKER="$WORKERNAME"
NICE_ETHASH_POOL="stratum+tcp://daggerhashimoto.usa.nicehash.com:3353"
GENOIL_NICE_ETHASH_POOL="daggerhashimoto.usa.nicehash.com:3353"
NICE_ETHASH_EXTENSION_ARGUMENTS=""   # add any additional claymore arguments desired here

And:

Code:
# Nice Equihash
NICE_EQUIHASH_WORKER=$WORKERNAME
NICE_EQUIHASH_ADDRESS=$BTC_ADDRESS
NICE_EQUIHASH_POOL="equihash.usa.nicehash.com"
NICE_EQUIHASH_PORT="3357"

nvOC does support profit switching between many coins and pools, but it is pretty crude and uses the WhatToMine json and I have found it less profitable in practice, compared to just sticking with a single coin and manually switching weeklyish (i.e. from ZEC to ZEN to MONA to VTC).  At least that was my experience on MPH.

I'd LOVE to see a Linux version of their miner, but I think their target audience has been Windows so far.

Speaking of NH miner and NHML in particular, does anyone know what happened to 'DillonN'?  He's the guy that posts binaries for NHML miner on GitHub, and the last commit he did was on November 21st for NiceHashMinerLegacy.  Makes me wonder if he is still part of the NH team.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 04, 2018, 03:54:49 AM

Still, I think even aside from this AMD missed the boat big time. and, the HBM2 issue doesn't explain the Nvidia shortages on their higher end cards.  THis is a lot like the market shortage back in Q2. First, all the AMD 4xx & 5xx disappeared then Nvidia was next to go short. I think there are still a lot of people that think AMD first when it comes to mining, given they were clearly the better choice before so many Equihash coins become very profitable to mine with GTX.

Evga should be on track today the 4th  as they are supposed to start shipping again.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
January 04, 2018, 03:48:37 AM
ehsminer has been popping up in threads for a while now - and quickly getting marked as a scam every time they do.

legendary
January 04, 2018, 03:46:59 AM
Ah, so you're using Nicehash's algo-switcher. Gotcha.
Guess that's fair if you have many rigs, I agree it would get old pretty quickly to monitor them daily. I still do it but with 4 rigs it's still manageable.

You'd still have the option to go with Nemosminer or Sniffdog, btw.

I'd love to use nicehash miner to profit switch, but I really have gone off windows rigs lately. I just want my rigs to manage themselves.

Are there any reliable Linux OS which offer profit switching on nicehash?

Nope - AFAIK Nicehash does not offer a LINUX version of their auto-switcher part at all.
legendary
January 04, 2018, 03:39:06 AM

Still, I think even aside from this AMD missed the boat big time. and, the HBM2 issue doesn't explain the Nvidia shortages on their higher end cards.  THis is a lot like the market shortage back in Q2. First, all the AMD 4xx & 5xx disappeared then Nvidia was next to go short. I think there are still a lot of people that think AMD first when it comes to mining, given they were clearly the better choice before so many Equihash coins become very profitable to mine with GTX.

Activity: 700
Merit: 294
January 04, 2018, 03:12:06 AM
Have you guys been following ehsminer? Interesting to see they are now taking pre-orders. . wish I could find someone who had a real test version of it.

https://www.ehsminer.com/ here's their site, i've been watching it for a couple months now and now that they've added a price and are apparently taking peoples money it has me more interested than ever xD

The 1GH miner is estimated 6 months away.  The 2GH miner is later in the year.  That's a little too far out for me for a company that has never released an ASIC miner before.
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
January 04, 2018, 01:56:51 AM

Activity: 140
Merit: 17
January 04, 2018, 12:24:48 AM
Nist5 profits are basically driven by Bulwark currently. Btw why are you guys mining Nist5 at Nicehash rather than ahashpool for example? You're just paying high fees and taking Nicehash risk and its dodgy payout policy...

What fees?  If you mine at Nicehash to your internal wallet, you can transfer to Coinbase with no fee.  Then you transfer to GDAX with no fee.  Then you transfer to your external wallet with... wait for it... no fee.
So coinbase->my_wallet has a fee but coinbase->gdax->my_wallet doesn't? That doesn't make much sense, how can gdax avoid the bitcoin fee?

In addition to what Philipma said, Coinbase charges some pretty high fees to buy, sell and transfer out from Coinbase to another external wallet.  They seem to be eating the fees when you transfer from GDAX to your external wallet.

If at any time, they start charging fees, then you would just do a couple of quick conversions... Nicehash Internal Wallet->Coinbase->GDAX->Convert BTC to Litecoin inside GDAX-> transfer Litecoin to a low fee exchange to go back to BTC.

The part I didn't know about (and I don't understand) is GDAX "eating the fees". Specially since a withdrawal from GDAX to my wallet appears at Coinbase as GDAX->Coinbase->my_wallet Smiley In any case, thanks for the tip!
Activity: 700
Merit: 294
January 04, 2018, 12:03:54 AM
Nist5 profits are basically driven by Bulwark currently. Btw why are you guys mining Nist5 at Nicehash rather than ahashpool for example? You're just paying high fees and taking Nicehash risk and its dodgy payout policy...

What fees?  If you mine at Nicehash to your internal wallet, you can transfer to Coinbase with no fee.  Then you transfer to GDAX with no fee.  Then you transfer to your external wallet with... wait for it... no fee.
So coinbase->my_wallet has a fee but coinbase->gdax->my_wallet doesn't? That doesn't make much sense, how can gdax avoid the bitcoin fee?

In addition to what Philipma said, Coinbase charges some pretty high fees to buy, sell and transfer out from Coinbase to another external wallet.  They seem to be eating the fees when you transfer from GDAX to your external wallet.

If at any time, they start charging fees, then you would just do a couple of quick conversions... Nicehash Internal Wallet->Coinbase->GDAX->Convert BTC to Litecoin inside GDAX-> transfer Litecoin to a low fee exchange to go back to BTC.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 03, 2018, 10:45:55 PM

What fees?  If you mine at Nicehash to your internal wallet, you can transfer to Coinbase with no fee.  Then you transfer to GDAX with no fee.  Then you transfer to your external wallet with... wait for it... no fee.

off blockchain accounting

coinbase  has say 2000 coins in a series of hot  wallets.

and a ledger account. for off blockchain accounting.

lets say  300 coins a day  are mined and withdrawn from nicehash to  coinbase each day.

you simply do it with  a ledger sheet to keep track.

A transfer is not needed  unless coinbase  gets low on its hot wallets.

so  fees are side stepped.

I could write 20 or 30 pages  of this  on how  exchanges like  and a place like nicehash  have the desire to  keep fees low.

and pools like  antpool and btc.com  try to create as many transactions as they can  since they mine most of the blocks  and if they can create too many transactions  btc fees sky rocket.

I have a sticky thread that has some detail  but I don't like to fully explain it as it is more for an accounting/economic geek

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.27049906

there are sixty  transactions here  these clearly show how big pools can increase  tx fees  by  turning a small send fee into multiple  normal size fees.

this clogs the blockchain and drives fees upwards.

think if I do 1000   0.0001  low sats  fees  that  make     5000 0.0005 high sat fees

I spent  1 btc fees to make 25 btc in fees   if my pool is big   I mine 20%  of all fees every day  so  I get 20%  of the 25

so I spent 1 btc and gained  5 btc  nice deal for a big pool.

Nicehash + coinbase deal helps  to lower this  with their off chain  ledger's

the full explanation is longer  but this is close enough.
Jump to: