Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 120. (Read 34166 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
January 01, 2018, 05:28:46 PM
Phil I´m following your threads from the beginning, thanks man!

By now, what is the best option for a mainboard for a non riser setup (ATX mb... no Onda and stuff) that fits with at least 3 GPUs of the same kind (no katana e.g.) ?!

No current motherboard I am aware of has the 1-4-7 slot spacing to do what you want to do and have fairly good cooling to all cards without going to rather expen$ive "5+ slot" boards - and very few of THOSE put a 16-bit slot in that #1 position.

When you start looking at paying $300 ballpark AND UP for the motherboard, you quickly start looking at other options.

Activity: 662
Merit: 500
January 01, 2018, 04:47:40 PM
Phil I´m following your threads from the beginning, thanks man!

By now, what is the best option for a mainboard for a non riser setup (ATX mb... no Onda and stuff) that fits with at least 3 GPUs of the same kind (no katana e.g.) ?!
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
January 01, 2018, 04:43:18 PM
Ethhash - I don't think anyone has used ethminer for a LONG time, mostly Claymore and some diehard Genoil fans, though there is a new "phoenix" miner out for Windows that I've not been able to check out yet.

Hmm, I just wrote about my positive experience running Ethminer 0.12.0 compared to Claymore 10.2 in another thread. Claymore *reports* a higher hashrate to me, sure, but I seem to actually earn more using Ethminer... I admit my experience is very limited, however, so I may have to revisit this comparison.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
January 01, 2018, 04:34:40 PM
Neoscrypt is widely reported to be "memory heavy" like ethhash and cryptonight.

Cryptonight currently seems to be mostly mined with Cast or Stak-XMR - ccminer and Claymore have both fallen noticeably behind.
Equihash - add BMiner
Ethhash - I don't think anyone has used ethminer for a LONG time, mostly Claymore and some diehard Genoil fans, though there is a new "phoenix" miner out for Windows that I've not been able to check out yet.
Qubit - Baikal ASIC for over a year now.
I think the Baikal units also support Groetsl or Skein, possibly both, on their most recent design.
X11 - MULTIPLE folks making ASIC for over a year now, including Baikal, Pinidea, IBeLink, Bitmain, and Innosilicon
Scrypt - MULTIPLE folks making ASIC for 4+ years now, currently Innosilicon, Bitmain, and BW.com

Equihash - depends on the card to at least SOME degree, and sometimes different models of the same GPU work differently depending on where the FACTORY CLOCKS are set.
 Usually wants some OC on both core and memory, but I've got several 1070 cards that don't see ANY benefit to memory OC on that algorithm.

Just got around to my daily check on Newegg - and OUCH, RX570/580 pricing just went through the roof and is now obviously pushing NVidia pricing.
 ONE model under $400 (yesterday still had a couple under $300) and 1070 pricing pushed WELL into 1070 ti pricing on the very FEW available cards for EITHER side.

Activity: 140
Merit: 17
January 01, 2018, 02:49:10 PM
Happy new year everybody! Let's hope 2018 is full of mined coins!
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
January 01, 2018, 01:56:48 PM

Am trying to consolidate data on how to properly overclock for different algorithms.
It will be a public spreadsheet so the community can benefit.

for equihash: max core/min mem <-- not sure about this

equihash does benefit from higher clocks, at least on my nvidias with dstm
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 01, 2018, 11:33:53 AM

From last thread

Hi Guys.

Am trying to consolidate data on how to properly overclock for different algorithms.

Hopefully, the veterans in this thread can chime in and recommend how to OC for each algo i.e.
for ethash: min core/max mem

Thanks in advance.

Here is the sheet opened for COMMENT:
https://goo.gl/SLjsaA

Does anyone mine with neoscrypt? I would appreciate any advice on OC.

Never did neoscrypt.
I responded in the wrong thread! Sad How come you have never mined any neosh*tcoin ? Some of them do shoot up to incredible heights after initially being cheap and low difficulty. I dedicated one rig to these coins and a 2 out of 3 coins do make it big. I think neo is memory heavy, I do have like +400 on my 1070s.

too busy  maybe I did  do some on zpool  I lose track
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
January 01, 2018, 11:37:16 AM
I responded in the wrong thread! Sad How come you have never mined any neosh*tcoin ? Some of them do shoot up to incredible heights after initially being cheap and low difficulty. I dedicated one rig to these coins and a 2 out of 3 coins do make it big. I think neo is memory heavy, I do have like +400 on my 1070s.

I'm pretty new at this, but I found that the same OC settings for Equihash work well for Neoscrypt, too.
Activity: 104
Merit: 11
January 01, 2018, 11:27:46 AM

From last thread

Hi Guys.

Hopefully, the veterans in this thread can chime in and recommend how to OC for each algo i.e.

Thanks in advance.

Never did neoscrypt.
legendary
January 01, 2018, 11:20:28 AM
From last thread

Hi Guys.

Thanks in advance.

Never did neoscrypt.

UrsaUrsa quoted below from last thread

"As far as I know it's a memory heavy algorithm."

Oh I am selling some older s-9's   and a T-9

they are a client's  not mine or buysolar

as is but tested and do work.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-two-board-s-9-for-sale-there-are-3-units-with-2-boards-sold-2674029   three 2 boards units

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-antminer-t-9-rare-works-well-in-hand-sold-2673467  one full 3 board unit.

I have some interest in 1 s-9 and 1 t-9

set a wide range of freq older firmware was not stable at 600 or 550 but good at 525

locked at freq 550

t-9

autotune
legendary
January 01, 2018, 11:19:03 AM
Pages:
Jump to: