Pages:
Author

Topic: Hardcap ICO is no guarantee that the project will succeed - page 19. (Read 31492 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 100
IMHO the only guarantee for the project success is a great solid team. As history shows, projects can spend all their money very fast without any results)
Activity: 780
Merit: 101
I agree that Hard Cap does not guarantee that the project will be successful. By investing in the project at the ICO stage, you trust its developers and wait for the fulfillment of promises and implementation of plans. But the team may not be able to cope with the technical part due to lack of experience or constantly violate deadlines, which will make investors doubt its competence.
Activity: 332
Merit: 22
Turkish Translator
I agree with this view. Hara project can be given as an example. It made a hard cap by taking $ 30 million investment in just 4 hours. But the project is still stable and counting.
Activity: 269
Merit: 11
agree because most of the ico that reach hardcap are only a few who have managed to make roi, the rest mostly ends up with price declines even some of the old projects are scam.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
That is why most of the time, if the ICO is falling down after the campaign, I dump them right away if I really need money. Hard cap is not indicative of the coin's performance. There are a lot of projects who ignores their product and does not follow the road map which sucks because you can't hold your coins or tokens anymore.
Activity: 574
Merit: 2
This is very right
We have seen projects reach hardcap and end up disappearing
Even digitex has failed to launch a product over a year now and so many more

Hardwork and sincere seriousness is what leads to a successful project
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
But this gives confidence that the project will have enough money to implement their ideas. The question is another, and whether they will spend this money correctly?
copper member
Activity: 376
Merit: 1
The ICO trust level has died down and I have grown to trust a lot of coins that launch before going through ICO first. Such projects like hydro and ontology never passed through ICO and they became successful. The hardcap thing is exploitative as it most of those private investors and developers that have a large chunk of the unsold tokens tend to dump on the unsuspecting investors
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
Like Boscoin. The project accumulated funds in a short span of time and there was a craze for it. See it's state now when nobody wants to even talk about it and the team is not active on telegram too.
Activity: 145
Merit: 1
ICO is not a guarantee that the project will be successful, because most ICO projects are still limited to concepts and do not have clear references,
but projects that don't make ICO or premine are usually serious and good projects.
and I also agree on this, what about your opinion?

Indeed hardcap achievement is not a guarantee that a coin will succeed. But at least the coins that have reached the hard cap have a good future because the project has not been blocked by funding. The cost is not a problem so the development team only works hard to run the project as well as possible. Therefore, in order for this implementation to succeed, the ICO must be truly responsible for planning. This plan should be truly real and workable. Not only that a concept that is not necessarily real can be realized.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
If the promoters of an ICO project want to assure their investors that the project will last for long, then they should consider the following methods:

1. Keep a significant amount in escrow, either as BTC, ETH or USDT.
2. Take insurance against business failure
3. Get a an auditor from a reputed third party.

I know very few people are going to agree with my suggestions. But I can tell this with 100% certainty. Unless we impose these measures, the scammers will continue to cheat the investors and vanish with their money.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
Hardcap is just a goal created by the team of the ICO for the creation of the project. When an ICO reached it's hardcap it should more likely have a complete fund for them to follow their road map. Since ICOs are most likely greedy now, some ICO members sell off their coins instead of supporting it. Most of them goes from 100 to zero because of this dumping.
Activity: 602
Merit: 104
I am agree that raised hardcap is not guaranteed that project will be in good price position. let's say about wpp. they are raise around 50 million of dollars but now the price is less than 3 cents USD. It is very far from ICO price.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 333
Unfortunately, even a professional team is not a guarantee of a successful project. Sometimes projects with famous people in the crypto world do not develop. Many good projects were in 2017–2018. The one who managed to invest in them received a good profit.
This is right and we have seen so many projects that people thought would have great market but they terribly failed. I think that you do not have to think just about whether or not they have achieved their hard cap over ICO. You need to be curious about many other things as well. Now look at the Harmony project that was launched over Binance Launchpad. This looks really good. Try to focus on IEOs.
many expert predicted harmony will be greatest projects at this year.looks like investors wait this IEO on binance launchpad.maybe it will reach hardcap in only few second and continue in exchanges.harmony launched their ieo on correct time.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 518
Unfortunately, even a professional team is not a guarantee of a successful project. Sometimes projects with famous people in the crypto world do not develop. Many good projects were in 2017–2018. The one who managed to invest in them received a good profit.
This is right and we have seen so many projects that people thought would have great market but they terribly failed. I think that you do not have to think just about whether or not they have achieved their hard cap over ICO. You need to be curious about many other things as well. Now look at the Harmony project that was launched over Binance Launchpad. This looks really good. Try to focus on IEOs.
The reality is that ICO haven't gaining enough trust from investors due to the fact they'll never give any assurance for this project survive for a long time.
Even me, why should I risk my money them if I have nothing to get? It is a waste of time and have a chance to make lose my funds.
ICO never look great this time and never think of being profitable for them.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
Activity: 486
Merit: 3
If reaching hardcap is the way out, then a lot of projects would have made their investors millionaires in the crypto space.
You will be amazed that some of those projects are lagging behind, not only in their prices on exchange, but also that their products are nothing to be proud of.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
I think what determines the success of a platform is the team driving the platform and not in the amount raised. During Public sale, softcap is seen as the minimum amount needed to start the platform, but yet many who have achieved softcap and hardcap failed to deliver, on the other hand, many who achieved these still delivered. Thus justifying my initial statement that, the team is responsible for the success or downfall of a project.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
Yes that's true, there are project which started developement with just softcap and they did well. This can be attributed to the type of team behind such Projects.
In the same ways there are projects that even with hardcap still fails to offer any tangible or reasonable product or service.
Investors should always research about the team behind any project they wish to invest in.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
I am just wondering how many of the ICO make the hardcap this day. I have seen many project running for almost two years now and yet they do not even reach the half of the hardcap. The success of any project does not depend mostly on the hardcap which is raised but how well the amount raised is managed to achieve the goal of the project. I have witnessed case of mismanagement that led to dispute among dev team. Such scenario will have negative effect on the ICO even though the hardcap is reached.
Pages:
Jump to: