Pages:
Author

Topic: HashCоins - Blockchain technologies that work - page 19. (Read 331281 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Seems to me you haven't ordered anything from HC at all.

Why would anyone buy from these extremely shady hardware resellers especially after they were caught lying about their hardware specs?

Bitcoin mining is already risky enough. Preordering nonexistent hardware from likely scammers is just idiotic.

Thanks but why Bitcoin mining is risky?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
I can see you're trying to sell spondoolies with your comments while all their stocks are sold out. Such claims from you need to be confirmed. Seems to me you haven't ordered anything from HC at all.
I agree that he might as well remove that from his sig, but if he's still getting something out of the referral link (all the ones on products are gone), more power to him.  Beats obnoxious signature campaign ones Smiley

The claim that it is a rebadged Scrypt miner is easily supported.  I'm sure it's been mentioned several times in this thread already, but just googling around:
ProductAlcheminer AlchemistMining Asics Technologies ExcaliburHashCoins Ares256
outside
board
chip
It is perhaps the most literal form of 'rebadged', although without the 're' part - they stuck a badge on top of where the Alcheminer logo would be.  Perhaps if you're bored you can prise the badge off of yours and see what's underneath.  At least MAT printed their panels and customized the chip marking.  MAT went out of business, but I doubt the customization can be blamed for that Wink

The claim that the Uranus is currently non-existent is also easily supported, they say as much themselves:
Product under development. Uranus is now available for pre-order with an estimated delivery date Q1 2015.
Q1 ends in a week, so they still have time.  You claimed earlier that it's already been made - but as that's hearsay and HashCoins can't be bothered to update their website, the non-existent label is on them.  Takes them a few minutes to update that.  Of course then people will start wanting further proof.

None of the above is in any way related to whether you can trust that if you send them BTC in a pre-order for a product with little to no information available, that they will deliver on time and on-spec.

Given how many people get burned by pre-orders and then complain left right and center about it, the past posts' advice to just not enter into pre-orders is solid - their potential lack of prior patronage is not at issue, as the Bitcoin hardware landscape changes all the time with companies' reputation in flux.
Of course if it's money the person can stand to lose, and they're willing to wager on past performance (good and bad), it's their choice.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Why would anyone buy from these extremely shady hardware resellers especially after they were caught lying about their hardware specs?

Bitcoin mining is already risky enough. Preordering nonexistent hardware from likely scammers is just idiotic.

You know... that is all we want people to understand there is just too much risk in such a "purchase". It would be nice to see less people even entertain the idea of buying from shady companies especially when you can get things in stock or used for a fair and reasonable price currently. It makes ZERO sense waiting on this company.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509

Activity: 75
Hello guys,

First reply from me here, and thank you all for the support and tips provided all over the forum.

I am planning to pre order this SHA 256 mining machine (Uranus Miner), and the company replied to the order and mentioned that they did not accept PayPal neither credit cards for the time being according to a technical issues, however, they accept bitcoins and bank wire transfer only.

So can I trust this company and send the money in advance without knowing if they really will ship the item I pre ordered it or not?

Expert advice please who dealt with this company before and received their machines already with trust.

my order was some time ago, bank transferred them the money, they confirmed after 72h and sent it the next business day, so I deem them trustful. btw, their support answers your questions quickly so contact them.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I ordered my miners via bank, you can look at that message: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9498594 Paid via bank, received within 2 weeks. Tried their hosting to increase hashrate "offshore" and l paid with btc - all went through fine.

Thats a rebadged scrypt miner, nothing to do with the question which is about a non existent SHA256 miner.  Roll Eyes

I can see you're trying to sell spondoolies with your comments while all their stocks are sold out. Such claims from you need to be confirmed. Seems to me you haven't ordered anything from HC at all.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
I ordered my miners via bank, you can look at that message: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9498594 Paid via bank, received within 2 weeks. Tried their hosting to increase hashrate "offshore" and l paid with btc - all went through fine.

Thats a rebadged scrypt miner, nothing to do with the question which is about a non existent SHA256 miner.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 27
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Hello guys,

First reply from me here, and thank you all for the support and tips provided all over the forum.

I am planning to pre order this SHA 256 mining machine (Uranus Miner), and the company replied to the order and mentioned that they did not accept PayPal neither credit cards for the time being according to a technical issues, however, they accept bitcoins and bank wire transfer only.

So can I trust this company and send the money in advance without knowing if they really will ship the item I pre ordered it or not?

Expert advice please who dealt with this company before and received their machines already with trust.

Plain answer, No you can't. Only send them money that you can afford to never see again.

They basically made a couple of Apollo machines which were just Hashfast boards screwed into a PC case, one of which they sent to dogie for review. The rest of their sales are just rebadged Scrypt Litecoin mining machines from another company.

The Uranus (lol) is vaporware, the only 20nm mining chip ever made came from KnC and that monster, well no-one else bothered because its not worth it.

Plus they have 5 days to deliver it on time to hit their Q1 deadline.

Basically only buy from stock or once someone has proven that something exists.
Activity: 77
Hello guys,

legendary
Activity: 1456
I would be interested in some of the scrypt-N miners are these for this algo only or also scrypt too. When in the 2nd Q are you expected to start shipping as I am tired of pre orders and would like something more solid and buy now or test product. Seeing you guys are in Estonia what would shipping be from their or is shipping including in the price. Located in EU what would shipping be to UK  as you say to contact.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

So far I have not seen any companies demo Scrypt-N asics, I think it will be a while.  Just not near as much R+D goes into scrypt as BTC miners.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
I would be interested in some of the scrypt-N miners are these for this algo only or also scrypt too. When in the 2nd Q are you expected to start shipping as I am tired of pre orders and would like something more solid and buy now or test product. Seeing you guys are in Estonia what would shipping be from their or is shipping including in the price. Located in EU what would shipping be to UK  as you say to contact.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Activity: 1
Hey! Did anyone had a problem with Raspberry Pi that it completely freezes after one day of mining?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
Do you think its still profitable to mine LTC with 3X256 mh/s ? Does it means that i can mine like 20 ltc per day ?

Depends on your initial cost, and power cost.    These use quite a bit of power so you need cheap electricity.

Or cold mansions Tongue

Im in Quebec, Canada, here electricity is like 8cents/KW

Vive le Québec !

Oui Tongue Jai juste de la difficulte a me trouver un bon mining rig ici !!

Je veux bien te croire ! Mais sinon c'est pas possible d'en trouver un aux USA ?
legendary
Activity: 882
Do you think its still profitable to mine LTC with 3X256 mh/s ? Does it means that i can mine like 20 ltc per day ?

Depends on your initial cost, and power cost.    These use quite a bit of power so you need cheap electricity.

Or cold mansions Tongue

Vive le Québec !

Oui Tongue Jai juste de la difficulte a me trouver un bon mining rig ici !!
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

Or cold mansions Tongue

Vive le Québec !
legendary

Or cold mansions Tongue

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

Or cold mansions Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1456

legendary
Pages:
Jump to: