Pages:
Author

Topic: HashFast BabyJet users thread - page 6. (Read 68975 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
April 09, 2014, 10:10:07 AM
Was there ever a .05 firmware update?

Is there anybody out there? Nod if you can hear me...
Nod, there was.

Sweet! Thanks, Con. Anybody have a link to the latest HF firmware? I apologize if it is staring me in the face.
Honestly, if you're on 0.4, I'd recommend staying with it.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
April 09, 2014, 05:10:55 AM

Nod, there was.

Sweet! Thanks, Con. Anybody have a link to the latest HF firmware? I apologize if it is staring me in the face.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
April 09, 2014, 04:36:10 AM

Nod, there was.
Activity: 92
April 09, 2014, 04:25:07 AM

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
April 02, 2014, 06:41:37 PM
Upgrade? Are they shipping upgrade modules?  All I got was an email asking me to exchange my upgrade option for an Evo board in June.

Same here but mine was May.
Activity: 69
April 02, 2014, 01:51:09 AM
Upgrade? Are they shipping upgrade modules?  All I got was an email asking me to exchange my upgrade option for an Evo board in June.
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
I hate my family
April 01, 2014, 12:44:32 PM
Anyone experience failure in the Baby Jet Upgrade fan? My upgrade chip is now running low because the associated cooling/fan stopped working, i.e, making that very loud noise. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

P.S. For those that installed the upgrade fan, did you screw in the fan facing downwards towards the floor (if standing up), so that the air is blowing outwards at the ground?
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Enthusiast
March 28, 2014, 02:23:04 AM
I just got the following Email from HashFast:

Subject: MPP Update

Dear Customer,

First, thank you very much for being a HashFast supporter.  We are grateful for all of you who chose to participate in the Bitcoin mining community by choosing our products.

Miner Protection Plan (MPP)

We will be shipping MPP after we have finished shipping to our Batch-2, Batch-3 and Batch-4 customers.  It will consist of Yoli Evo Mining Boards and should exceed the 4X capacity promise of 1.6 TH/s* of mining performance.  We expect to start shipping MPP in June, 2014.

Thank You,

The HashFast Team

June...great... why not just send a beach towel, it will have more use. Even at 750 GH/s per board, if they send 3, it will be a drop on a hot plate

Note that this email also does not mention any water cooling or fans, just the board

No cooling system, no fans, no power supply, no case, and DIY USB (mini or 2.0). The BabyJet was attractive because it was a plug-n-play box. Connect AC & USB, and away you go. By the time June rolls around, the cost of enclosures, PSUs, USB cables, and cooling systems will be more than these boards will be earning.

Epic HashFast Fail   Angry
legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
March 28, 2014, 02:07:50 AM

Dear Customer,

First, thank you very much for being a HashFast supporter.  We are grateful for all of you who chose to participate in the Bitcoin mining community by choosing our products.

We will be shipping MPP after we have finished shipping to our Batch-2, Batch-3 and Batch-4 customers.  It will consist of Yoli Evo Mining Boards and should exceed the 4X capacity promise of 1.6 TH/s* of mining performance.  We expect to start shipping MPP in June, 2014.

Thank You,

The HashFast Team

June...great... why not just send a beach towel, it will have more use. Even at 750 GH/s per board, if they send 3, it will be a drop on a hot plate

Note that this email also does not mention any water cooling or fans, just the board
Bitcoin Enthusiast
March 27, 2014, 08:15:51 PM

Dear Customer,

First, thank you very much for being a HashFast supporter.  We are grateful for all of you who chose to participate in the Bitcoin mining community by choosing our products.

We will be shipping MPP after we have finished shipping to our Batch-2, Batch-3 and Batch-4 customers.  It will consist of Yoli Evo Mining Boards and should exceed the 4X capacity promise of 1.6 TH/s* of mining performance.  We expect to start shipping MPP in June, 2014.

Thank You,

The HashFast Team
Activity: 561
Merit: 521
Trustless IceColdWallet
March 25, 2014, 06:48:38 PM
For those of you curious I emailed Hashfast again about the MPP and this was their response,

In regards to MPP - other than knowing that for Batch 1 it will be the
full 1.6TH, I am unable to release any more information of this for you. I
do hope to get something out shortly.

We want to make sure we send out the best MPP possible for our clients. Once the shipments of MPP boards begin to ship we will let our customers aware of their shipping date.

I got the same mail from them, received on 6th March.
Activity: 155
March 25, 2014, 10:24:14 AM
The network hash rate is 43 PH/s, up from 1 PH/s in October, and 21 PH/s 60 days ago. Shortly better mean something, or even 5x the hardware will be mining < 10 % of what it would have been in October.

At this point in time, I don't see any use anymore for the Upgrade kits and the Batch #2 machines.

Even the MPP on the Batch #1 BBJets is going to be a waste of electricity, if it ever ships.

Thanks a lot for NOTHING, Hashfast

...fixed it for ya.
legendary
March 25, 2014, 08:42:32 AM
The network hash rate is 43 PH/s, up from 1 PH/s in October, and 21 PH/s 60 days ago. Shortly better mean something, or even 5x the hardware will be mining < 10 % of what it would have been in October.

At this point in time, I don't see any use anymore for the Upgrade kits and the Batch #2 machines.

Even the MPP on the Batch #1 BBJets is going to be a waste of electricity, if it ever ships.

Thanks a lot, Hashfast
Bitcoin Enthusiast
March 25, 2014, 08:38:33 AM
It is a canned response. 'Shortly' doesn't mean what you think it does.

I think "Short" refers to the end of the stick we're holding

legendary
March 25, 2014, 07:23:18 AM

I think "Short" refers to the end of the stick we're holding
Activity: 761
Merit: 500
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
March 24, 2014, 11:50:32 PM
For those of you curious I emailed Hashfast again about the MPP and this was their response,

We want to make sure we send out the best MPP possible for our clients. Once the shipments of MPP boards begin to ship we will let our customers aware of their shipping date.

Awesome!

I got exactly the same response on March 6:

So, In regards to MPP - other than knowing that for Batch 1 it will be the full 1.6TH, I am unable to release any more information of this for you. I do hope to get something out shortly as this is a very hot topic in the forums.

Bitcoin Enthusiast
March 24, 2014, 08:16:46 PM

Awesome!
legendary
Activity: 1630
March 24, 2014, 07:30:27 PM

Activity: 84
March 24, 2014, 02:27:16 PM
I just tried Ubuntu 13.10 + cgminer 4.2.1 and FW 0.4.

Die 4 just doesn't work. However I found out that it DOES work up to 150Mhz clock rate. After that, it's like it's not there, doesn't even get squelched.
Activity: 84
March 22, 2014, 12:56:40 PM
Well I tried all the miners with all the firmwares at pretty much any clock rate (even lower ones)
Your help is appreciated, I asked because if you had any indication that cgminer 4.2 on ubuntu 13.10 with FW 0.4 would solve my problem, I would try that again, to make sure I didn't miss something.
yup ! i tell you that cause one  of my 9 bj's i had got a similar issue , and i can solve it in this way.
bye bye windows, bye bye piece of shit raspberry pi , bye bye "hashfast special version of cgminer".
 hashfast: go to hell !  and Ckolivas: Thanx a lot man.. Wink Big up to you!
[/quote]

So one of your babyjets had a full die (=96 cores) not working and by using u13.10, CGminer 4.2 and FW 0.4 you fixed that? Did you had to configure cgminer in any special way or did it just work with default settings?
Pages:
Jump to: