Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost? - page 23. (Read 6405 times)

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
August 25, 2018, 07:19:41 AM
I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

I have been scammed a few times in 2017, although not through Twitter/FB accounts. You need to be very careful while dealing in crypto. A lot of scammers and cheaters here, so the noobs need to be extra-vigilant about their wallets and investments.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
August 25, 2018, 07:17:40 AM
I often experience this on the telegram.
starting from the phone or via chat.

if you know the ICO IMVRSE project then that's where SCAMMER is for me, in telling the admin of IMVRSE and telling me to deposit money with him.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
August 22, 2018, 11:07:50 AM
 have experienced it about 5 months ago, I think a good project and I am sure it will be good eh after I have finished and finished the project I have not produced anything, not my fortune too but I am not discouraged
Activity: 98
August 22, 2018, 11:00:10 AM
Never been scammed, and I hope that doesn't ever get to happen to me or any one else. It is always sad to read stories of people who have lost their money as a result of scam, and I can help but think why people would be so wicked and heartless, to rob other people off their money. Be safe out there guys, be careful of the dealings/transactions that you have, and the people you have them with.
Activity: 126
August 18, 2018, 04:50:34 AM
scammers have tried me before to get my tokens. I received my tokens from an airdrop and announce to the team on the telegram platform that, I thank them and I have received the tokens. 2 hours later the scammer PM that he is going to help me and He is personal assistant. I never gave him attention.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
August 18, 2018, 04:44:15 AM
I have not been scammed before i use to be vigilant and also before doing anything i will take time study about it and ask some of my friends about that particular thing before doing it.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
August 18, 2018, 03:55:22 AM
I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!
This is really a good advice that we should first make attention over for which site and which purpose we are going for sign-up .
I am doing work in this field SINCE 2013 and I found many scammers but not get cheated by anyone , but one of mine friend get cheated by a email , where a email was from blockchain.info to turn btc into multiple times , and due to greediness he send btc but he didn't get , but when careful he saw the email that he got from blockchain was not actual from blockchain.info but that was from blockchain.lnfo ( see carefully i is replaced by small L ) .
So here we need to remain attentive that wether we are going toward greediness or we are going toward the guinine things , always keep in your mind that if anyone claiming for high return in small time for your money then wake up , and block himself from that person to talk because he is not more than scammer .
Here I would like to suggest everyone that keep himself safe from any type of non official website to make himself safe from any type of logger .
Activity: 979
Merit: 258
August 18, 2018, 02:13:12 AM
Yes, once. But it happened when I was not an investor. I was a bounty hunter of a project about the financial ICO. And after joining around a month and more, the Bounty Manager realized and announced that the bounty from that ICO is a scam. Everybody was scammed and we got nothing. It becomes a very important experience for me to be more careful in selecting the choice of bounty and ICO.
luckily, i don't get scammed but there are times that i almost scam. when the time that it happen my mind is not doing good. i mean, because my exam are only finish and my mind just don't move on in every test that i've done. so when i have talk to my buyer/seller i don't think about the proper way to know about if the project or your seer/buyer is scam. it is only normal in this industry.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Catena X
August 18, 2018, 02:04:31 AM
Yes, once. But it happened when I was not an investor. I was a bounty hunter of a project about the financial ICO. And after joining around a month and more, the Bounty Manager realized and announced that the bounty from that ICO is a scam. Everybody was scammed and we got nothing. It becomes a very important experience for me to be more careful in selecting the choice of bounty and ICO.
Activity: 409
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
August 18, 2018, 01:41:18 AM

This situation happens very regularly in this market. I participated some scam projects, they took my information about email, twitter, facebook, address wallet through the form registration and confirm to claim tokens
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
August 18, 2018, 01:38:56 AM
I almost got scammed when i want to invest in ico last year, at that time most ico sold out so people want to get in ico as soon as possible. The telegram channel is very crowded and the site is down because too much traffic and some people dm me and give me the contract address, good thing i wait before sending any ether as it's the scammer eth address.
Activity: 37
August 18, 2018, 01:36:15 AM
several times it happened to me, and what I did didn't trust anyone.  that way you will be safe.
Activity: 684
Early Funders Registration: monartis.com
August 18, 2018, 01:33:47 AM
Its not new in this society almost of the participants and investors are getting those embarrassing  scams.  What if our community are made some rules to disperse all the scammers and not been getting involved in this technology itself. This is my opinion and impossible to implement.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
August 18, 2018, 01:30:19 AM
Thank you for the information, I'll be more careful. I often write scammers on Twitter / Facebook / telegram (especially often in telegram), a couple of times I almost got caught.
Activity: 700
Merit: 12
August 18, 2018, 01:29:37 AM
I almost scam in airdrop and telegram. Scammer just want to give you an ETH/BTC and want your private key in order to give you at that time I'm just a beginner in cryptocurrency and I just need an advise to people who are more knowledgeable than me. 

It will happen to every person who chooses the Airdrops because recently we have seen many scams from the Airdrops. They are just stealing the people private keys in order to steal their coins, recently we have seen eosGas person stolen a lot of money from the people.
Activity: 504
August 18, 2018, 01:26:13 AM
the scam will indeed continue to exist. even to distinguish between a scam and not to this time makes a difficult thing to predict. the alert is a must thing to do and even analysis is an action that must be controlled to minimize the scam continues to evolve.
Activity: 606
August 18, 2018, 01:21:05 AM
Some time I got ico and bounty campaign scam with many reason, some ico investment I joined scam because run away by ico owner and some ico scam because alwasy delay for lsiting and open their coin on exchange market. but I get many ico was success with higher price after listing on exchange market.
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
August 18, 2018, 01:14:02 AM
I've been scammed several times. It is connected with my private key data leak. But I never scamed people, at the same time I have a negative trust from Dark Star, like I tried to scam newbie , but in reality I just wanted to help him to accelerate transaction using public services and get a fee as a reward.

same here Wink

But you know what, even if we experienced being scammed, its an eye opener experience. We become aware of any project, and we scrutinized it before we invest or trade. We become very careful and become very suspicious of any anonymous projects or investment offer. It also help me to study trading and find some way to earn online like in campaigns, social media sharing etc.
Activity: 686
Merit: 102
August 18, 2018, 12:43:03 AM
I've been scammed several times. It is connected with my private key data leak. But I never scamed people, at the same time I have a negative trust from Dark Star, like I tried to scam newbie , but in reality I just wanted to help him to accelerate transaction using public services and get a fee as a reward.
Activity: 136
August 18, 2018, 12:33:07 AM
My experience with a scam might be my worst experience while joining Crypto. But from that event, I became aware, that the more popular a technology is, the more it will increase the chances of a scam. So I have to be more careful about the program and will not easily believe in new projects that have sprung up. Before entering to join I will investigate the project first.
Pages:
Jump to: