Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you tried setting up a Masternode? - page 8. (Read 1857 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0
I have never tried it for the first and I don't really know much about masternode and it's setting up, I will do some research to learn more about it and see if it is something I can be interested in, in the future.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
I have never tried master nodes because it costs my wallet. I read some articles that says master nodes are worth using in most cases.

Yes! Masternodes are great for private sending, instant transactions, and decentralized governance for a coin's network.
I've set up a few they can be pretty lucrative, if you link into the right one. Most of the decent ones have a good guide as well as a lot of community support for setting them up. Just a word of caution, either buy early set up a few then dump them or be patient and wait until they stabilize then buy your node. Do your research check Team,community,liquidity and github(to see if the dev is/has been part of any other scam coins). Dont be afraid to try setting one up think of it as another way to make income from crypto.   

Exactly. You've clearly got some experience with them. Some great points here.
Activity: 23
I've set up a few they can be pretty lucrative, if you link into the right one. Most of the decent ones have a good guide as well as a lot of community support for setting them up. Just a word of caution, either buy early set up a few then dump them or be patient and wait until they stabilize then buy your node. Do your research check Team,community,liquidity and github(to see if the dev is/has been part of any other scam coins). Dont be afraid to try setting one up think of it as another way to make income from crypto.   
Activity: 209
Echoing, the majority of vote responses, i'm also interested but haven't tried masternodes. I'm guessing that if you have a GPU mining rig that is already turned on 24/7 then a masternode could be a nice way to boost profits. The only barrier to entry is the high amount of coins you will need to have.

Masternodes are the heart of growth when it comes to community engagement. Many people are missing the value add when it comes to owning a masternode. You don't have to count on developers only to participate
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Echoing, the majority of vote responses, i'm also interested but haven't tried masternodes. I'm guessing that if you have a GPU mining rig that is already turned on 24/7 then a masternode could be a nice way to boost profits. The only barrier to entry is the high amount of coins you will need to have.
Yes, my friends have tried setting up a master node. They succeded and had some huge gainz so they went greedy and they started creating new ones instead of selling. Guess what? Those master nodes are worth 0 now.

That doesn't mean masternodes are a bad investment... Doing your research is SUPER important to invest in a good quality coin and team. Also, all coins were subject to the huge downward market movement from January to March/April.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
The Operating System for DAOs
Yes, my friends have tried setting up a master node. They succeded and had some huge gainz so they went greedy and they started creating new ones instead of selling. Guess what? Those master nodes are worth 0 now.
Activity: 123
Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files
I have never tried master nodes because it costs my wallet. I read some articles that says master nodes are worth using in most cases.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I would be interested to know more about this. Any knowledgeable people? What investments are needed to start?

That's great! I've set up masternodes myself in the past.

There's really only two investments you need to make:

1. Buying the amount of coins required to set up a coin's Masternode.
2. Pay the monthly fee for a VPS (It's not much. Only $5 per month).

Here's a great website with a list of Masternode coins that you can look into >>> masternodes.online

Lastly, if you need help setting it up, there's two options you can take:

1. Ask around a coin's community for help.
2. There's a service called Setup Masternodes that provides 1-on-1 support over the phone or through messaging until your MN is set up. They get it done in as little as 1 hour.

Here's a link to their Bitcointalk thread >>> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/setupmasternodescom-diy-we-teach-you-linux-and-how-to-setup-your-mn-3213738

I wish the best of luck to you in the process! Feel free to ask more questions.

Thanks for the reply. And what problems you may encounter when you start masternode? After all, to get a profit you need to analyze the coins and choose the most profitable.
Curious to know people's past experiences or non-experiences with Masternodes.
I did try, but I think it is too hard and dangerous for people who did not know anything yet. not too hard, but definitely not easy for everyone. specially when you're dealing with big amount of money.
so I did not try it again anymore.

Check out setupmasternodes.com! They'll guide you with 1-on-1 support over the phone or through messaging on how to set up the Masternode of our choice. They can take that pressure off of you on how to set it up correctly. You can check out their reviews on their thread and on CoinPayments.

Official Thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/setupmasternodescom-diy-we-teach-you-linux-and-how-to-setup-your-mn-3213738
Official Telegram: t.me/setupmasternodes
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
Blockchain with solar energy
Curious to know people's past experiences or non-experiences with Masternodes.
I did try, but I think it is too hard and dangerous for people who did not know anything yet. not too hard, but definitely not easy for everyone. specially when you're dealing with big amount of money.
so I did not try it again anymore.
A few years ago I had an opportunity to build a DASH main node, with only 1000 coins and DASH at $1. I'm sorry I didn't go, and now the price of DASH has reached $500. So I think if we have the chance to make a master node, we must do it at once.

Totally agree with this. Masternodes have so much opportunity.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005
a lot off people regret not buying a masternode for DASH , most masternodes aren't easy to set up , today i found a new coin , neoscrypt which promise to set up masternodes up with one click , could be good to try and play with masternodes

/bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3573842.msg36443466#msg36443466

for myself i most buy or mine the coins needed for a masternode and put them on stick for better times
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
A few years ago I had an opportunity to build a DASH main node, with only 1000 coins and DASH at $1. I'm sorry I didn't go, and now the price of DASH has reached $500. So I think if we have the chance to make a master node, we must do it at once.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
no and i used to be interested in it but with some calculations i figured that the risks are way too high for me to want to consider doing something like that. i prefer investing my money in trading and making a lot more profit with a lot less risk instead.

the risks is with the highly volatile market of altcoins. most of them will drop hard and that means investing a large amount of money in a master node can potentially lead to a huge loss. and i can't just shut down my master node at any time i want and turn it on again later, in trading i can dump at any moment and buy back at any moment that i like and see fit based on the market movement.

It doesn't take long to unlock your coins. What MN coins have you looked into?

it is not about the time it takes to unlock your coins. it might as well be an instant (which is not) and still doesn't change the fact that it is a risky thing. it is about all the lost opportunities and all the lost profit that i could have made if i hadn't done that.

you waste a lot of time setting up a master node, then waste a lot of time locking your money in something that falls down hard.
meanwhile others are jumping from altcoin to altcoin that is getting pumped every day and make at least 100% profit every day with each pump. what are you doing? you have your money locked up!
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Fortunately my first Masternode setup did not have much trouble. I got the help of a development team and a friend of mine. Very fast and smooth.
Activity: 269
I'm all going to do it, but I'll have to put the master on the Rapsberry, and there's no purse for this system.

And as I read on one master, I need a separate IP address and do not start a few pieces(

I really like the Raspberry Pi idea to run a masternode. Do you have any reservations as to why you will not host a VPS?
personally i like to invest and trade masternodes cryptocurrency
but did not tried to setting up a masternodes,
because in my opinion trading is more profitable then setting up a masternodes mate

How come?
Activity: 1750
Merit: 305
I'm all going to do it, but I'll have to put the master on the Rapsberry, and there's no purse for this system.

And as I read on one master, I need a separate IP address and do not start a few pieces(
Pages:
Jump to: