Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods? - page 25. (Read 30608 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
I haven't yet really. I convert all my bitcoins to my country's currency. There are not a lot of establishments here in my country that accepts bitcoins so I can't really buy any physical goods directly with it.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
It was my mum's birthday yesterday. And I wanted to buy a birthday cake for her, but when I reached the bread shop, I realized I forgot carrying my wallet and I had only a few bucks in my pocket.  I tried to talk to the boss of the shop if I can pay by bitcoin, to my surprise, she said YES and finally I paid the cake by bitcoin.  Grin

This is my first time to use BTC as real money buying a real physical goods.  

As a bitcoiner, using BTC online is very common.  Have you ever used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods?  plz share your experience.   Wink

Nice story,here there is no marchant acceptingbitcoins,23%vat tax is killing.There is even no bitcoin nodes here ,becouse if you own bitcoin you have to pay tax not when you sell them
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
well i dint bought anyything online with bitcoins i had used it to pay some bills but i guess you meaning pay with bitcoin some stuff,soo till the moment i didnt bought anything with bitcoin directly i will but later.
legendary
Merit: 1068
I have bough one smart phone from some other guy although we met face to face but the payment was done through Bitcoin.This was my first ever physical good I bought few weeks ago.

That's good to hear that you bought smart phone using bitcoins, and that suggest that this the beginning of a new era, today you bought smart phone the day would come where we could buy even the vegetables using bitcoins and that would be the best day for us, as want that bitcoins should be accepted everywhere and especially for buying day to day stuffs.

With Bitcoin credit cards (like the one advertised in your signature), you should be able to spend BTC anywhere. Although it's not the same as using Bitcoins on their own  Sad

Its a debit card and indeed, but there's more shops i'm using atm that accept BTC than debit card, because of the whole "debit account is national bound" thing so it doesn't just "work out of the box".
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I have bough one smart phone from some other guy although we met face to face but the payment was done through Bitcoin.This was my first ever physical good I bought few weeks ago.

That's good to hear that you bought smart phone using bitcoins, and that suggest that this the beginning of a new era, today you bought smart phone the day would come where we could buy even the vegetables using bitcoins and that would be the best day for us, as want that bitcoins should be accepted everywhere and especially for buying day to day stuffs.

With Bitcoin credit cards (like the one advertised in your signature), you should be able to spend BTC anywhere. Although it's not the same as using Bitcoins on their own  Sad
Activity: 533

Activity: 714
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
If it was not mentionned that the merchant accepted btc as a payment method, it was really nice he accepted yours Smiley

I allready bought a lot of stuff with btc, and I'm accepting btc as well in my own newspaper store...
Activity: 138
More stuff will come.
I have purchase a 2tb western digital on metrodeal but they do not accept bitcoin anymore Sad
Activity: 140

Well i haven't paid with bitcoin yet but that's is kinda handy if you didn't have a lot of money in your pocket.
legendary
Buying on newegg, tigerdirect, gmg, humble bundle really make anything game and hardware related a cinch to get. I went and got free shipping subscription and bam. I can buy piece by piece at any convenient time without the need to bundle things to not get raped on shipping fee. Smiley

Which site did you get the subscription for? Is it like Amazon Prime?

Newegg. Its called premier. Its the same thing yes, although it doesn't apply to international shipping, pretty much like on Amazon to an extent. You get access to some specials sometimes. But there's no err. "Get X for free instead of Free 2 days shipping." Also its 3 days shipping guaranteed. Even though it was 2 days so far.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1036
If you have bitcoin and use Amazon, using Purse.io (ref link https://purse.io/?_r=XClu2O) to make your Amazon purchases with bitcoin is really a no-brainer. The only downsides are the slight increase in complexity of the purchase process and the delays when buyers back out or are rejected for some reason, but you can get items quickly with a discount of 10% and with little delay at 20%. Since I don't have Amazon prime I actually get stuff faster using Purse (if I'm not greedy on the discount) than if I went to Amazon directly (not to mention the free shipping).
Activity: 196
Buying on newegg, tigerdirect, gmg, humble bundle really make anything game and hardware related a cinch to get. I went and got free shipping subscription and bam. I can buy piece by piece at any convenient time without the need to bundle things to not get raped on shipping fee. Smiley

Which site did you get the subscription for? Is it like Amazon Prime?
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Most of the bitcoins I've spent have been online - some digital goods and physical ones too. I did pay for beers at a pub recently with bitcoin though.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit
I now accept bitcoin for sexy massages  Cheesy
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Yes,

I used BC to make a hotel reservation once. Worked great! I had to prove to my wife that Bitcoin was actually currency, so I bought her a 10 oz bar of silver online and had it sent to her. She's a believer now!
legendary
Activity: 55
Merit: 4
I've bought beer, cocktails, sheets, tshirts, a couch, a stereo system, more sheets, football tickets and earrings so far.  bitcoin is awesome.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Nah not yet. Personally I'd rather just use cash currently but I'd rather hold onto my coins for a while in the hope they rise in value before I spend them. I think they're undervalued at the moment.
Activity: 770
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
I have paid in bitcoins for cloud mining services (genesis mining) but not for physical goods really.

Hope I can do it soon.
Pages:
Jump to: