Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods? - page 29. (Read 30613 times)

Activity: 288
Merit: 251
If you want to be truly amazed by the amount of physical goods and IRL services you can pay for with Bitcoin, come and visit Arnhem in the The Netherlands (close to the German border, approximately 1 hour from Amsterdam).

There's all kinds of business accepting Bitcoin here: book stores, hairdressers, clothing stores, computer stores, car companies, bed & breakfast, a shoemaker, diving shop, massage salon, gift shop, dentist, bowling center, hotel, supermarket, bike shops, and loads of restaurants, bars, pubs, coffee shops and lunchrooms.

Arnhem has the highest concentration of Bitcoin-accepting merchants worldwide, making it the most Bitcoin-friendly city in the world (also according to this article). See also this report from someone spending a weekend here in Arnhem, living entirely on Bitcoin.

Seriously, if you want to experience how far Bitcoin mainstream acceptance has come already, visit Arnhem and you will be surprised.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
I haven't so far. I wanna try later.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Does online shopping that directly accepts BTC as their main payment method will be count? If yes, then i'v bought several items from https://pesobang.com/  Cheesy

~Rude Boy  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
I've used Bitcoin for all sorts of real/physical goods.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Love me love my Bitcoin.
Check her balance? if she has hundreds of coins she could be Wife material.    Grin

Haha, wife material.   Roll Eyes I have to say that she's an attractive lady.    I noted her balance's not much, but her total received is big, nearly a thousand.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
In North America there are many privately owned Businesses that accept Bitcoin. Mostly Mom & Pop shops that can flexibly take in numerous payment methods without having to go through a pain. I would see it being more beneficial than going through and accepting Credit/Debit cards as the processing fees to a smaller scale business come in as rather unnecessary. I've personally seen a few food trucks that accept Bitcoin. Compliments paying with cash and substitutes credit cards.
donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
Back in the GPU mining days I bought some used GPU cards for BTC from another forum member and the face-to-face exchange happened at a train station. Does that count?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Really cool story!  No real world purchases, only online.  I am moving in the next few weeks and have already identified a few brick and mortar places that accept that I would like to try out.  I will definitely remember this story and see about convincing some small business adoptors.
I E
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
💎 💎 💎 💎 💎
No i love Bitcoin so much that i do not want to spend it on something that won't make my Bitcoin balance grow.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
No, i haven't traded goods with bitcoin. There are no many services accept bitcoin right now, also government banned bitcoin for local store transaction, so i must convert my bitcoin to fiat.
Activity: 406
AltoCenter.com
Well my country has banned bitcoin trading and since the technological sense is pretty much at zero, I don't see any chance of using my coins at a local store.
Love me love my Bitcoin.
How much bitcoins does a cake shop lady have?

I don't know, I guess maybe some dozens or some hundreds.
Activity: 266
No Not Directly But i Got to exchange it and and convert into local currency and then i shop for physical products. But If i say Digital Products My all deals are Done only with Bitcoins
Activity: 238
★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice
yes i used bitcoins to buy some stuff, i remember buying a watch from ebay as i contacted the seller and he let me to go with bitcoins as i said its the only way i can pay for him
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit
Check her balance? if she has hundreds of coins she could be Wife material.    Grin
No, i haven't. The price i have to pay to ship those physical things overcome the price of the actual thing i want to buy so i haven't use my bitcoin to buy anything. The local retailers also haven't accept bitcoins as a method of payment
Activity: 1132
Merit: 818
I bought a couple of rounds of beer recently in Berlin - I finally bought something useful with Bitcoin!

Here in the Netherlands there are quite some shops where you can buy stuff with Bitcoin, and also quite a few were you can buy stuff with NLG, usually the same shops. See https://guldencoin.com/nl/betalen-met-guldens. Amongst others Thsuibezorgd.nl, the most popular delivery service for food at home, accepts BTC and NLG.

By the way, the NLG-team developed a plugin for Chrome and Firefox that you can use to easily pay with Bitcoin or NLG, it creates an extra icon besides any valid address that you can click, for example the addresses that users on this forum sometimes have in their signature, see https://nocks.nl/tools/nimble
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
If PC Games count as real things than yeah, I've actually only bought a couple steam games with btc so far. Tongue
I think, no. Because it's a digital goods not a real goods, unless you buy a physical Disc of the game Grin
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
I bought a phone from some one with Bitcoin. That's the only physical item I ever bought with Bitcoin.
Activity: 134
I bought some stuff on NewEgg with Bitcoin. It was ok, but not necessarily too different than ordering the traditional way. I guess if you didn't have a credit card or bank account it would make this more attractive as you could still order online.

The one thing I noticed and did not like was the fact that by paying with bitcoin you basically give up any return rights. The best you can hope for it a NewEgg gift card, where you would need to buy something else from NewEgg. I suppose you could possibly sell it to someone else in order to get your Bitcoin or cash back, but this would be an additional hassle and you would probably have to sell if for a slight loss. i.e. $200 gift card for $175. I assume this is probably due to them using Bitpay as their processor, so they are not handling Bitcoin directly.

While it is great to see merchants accepting Bitcoin, until it becomes a true two-way currency I see it continuing to having an uphill battle with mainstream adoption. Once you can get your Bitcoin refunded I think the game will change.

NewEgg accept bitcoin? NewEgg China or NewEgg International?
Pages:
Jump to: