Pages:
Author

Topic: [HAVELOCK] (HIF) Havelock Investments Fund - page 23. (Read 70071 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
November 20, 2013, 12:36:50 PM
Please do not place a value of our company or any other Bitcoin company based on how many USD it is worth. The whole point of Bitcoin is to step away from that approach.
We value our company based on our projected revenue in Bitcoins not in USD.
You are saying you are worth 100,000 BTC, which is completely unreasonable.  What did BTCT sell for or was selling for?  They had a lot more securities than you, a better platform and significantly more trust.  And even then, no one would value them at 100,000 BTC. 

What is the justification for the value listed? 

When the IPO is already starting out significantly overvalued and pays extremely low dividends with very high risk, there is no incentive to invest.
November 20, 2013, 11:58:39 AM
6% APR is the dividends...which few if any startups ever pay.  You think the early investors demanded google to start paying dividends or rightly re-investing profits into the business.   The investor's return comes in the form of CAPITAL GAINS. You are looking for a bond not a stock/fund.
maybe you should browse through the "stocks" listed on HL to see their dividends and APR rates.

This is bitcoin, not USD regulated markets, so the risk is considerably higher.  And yes, here in the BTC securities market, we require high risk securities to offer faster and higher returns in exchange for the RISK LEVELS we are exposed to.  The risk with this particular security is EXTREMELY high because of the market they are in and they bring nothing new to the marketplace.

Where do the capital gains come from in this market?  Where is the flood of new securities to even meet the optimistic levels in the prospectus?  They claim a value of $60M USD?  seriously?  for a bad exchange website with a couple of lightly traded securities?  How in the hell are they going increase that value?

Comparing USD securities, like Google, to small BTC exchanges shows how little you know about this market.

You are looking for a bond not a stock/fund.
No, I am looking for an investment with an appropriate profit/risk ratio. 
Activity: 328
November 20, 2013, 11:39:47 AM
Thank you for all that have contacted us and showed us your support, we truly appreciate it.

Our company is a Bitcoin based business, and since our Revenue and our Expenses are tied to Bitcoin we are unable to value it based on any Fiat/Bitcoin ratio.

We believe in Bitcoin for the long term. We operate at the Bitcoin to Bitcoin ratio. The people in our team would continue to work with Bitcoin if it was worth $1, $10 or $1000. The same way that a business in Europe calculates its revenue based in EURO and another business in China in Yuan, we value our company in Bitcoins.

We don't believe that anyone is able to predict what the price of Bitcoin would be in FY2014, that is why we operate only in Bitcoins. It is a must for our type of business.

All of our Team members including even the Landlord have agreed to accept Bitcoin as payment, regardless of its ratio.

We believe that in order to run a successful Bitcoin business, a company can not change its rates based on external prices of what Bitcoin is worth today, tomorrow or next year.

WE are not in business of Fiat or in exchanging anything into Fiat. We only handle Bitcoins, and we believe that other Bitcoin companies should follow the same model if Bitcoin is to become a hard currency where it is not only used as a Stock, but used the same way that we all use the USD, EUR or JPY.

Please do not place a value of our company or any other Bitcoin company based on how many USD it is worth. The whole point of Bitcoin is to step away from that approach.
We value our company based on our projected revenue in Bitcoins not in USD.

Once again we appreciate all of the great feedback we have received and are looking forward to serving the needs of the companies we manage and the users we serve.

Thank you,

Havelock Investments
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 20, 2013, 11:36:21 AM
You'll let that one slide?  OH THANK YOU HAVE MERCY.  You have allowed me to exist.

Whose sock are you, anyway?  You registered yesterday just to shill for this absurdity?
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 20, 2013, 11:29:11 AM
Do venture capitalists ask for insurance? 
for the amount of money we are giving them, we would get more than 5% ownership if we were venture capitalists.  We'd also get a bigger chunk of the profits.

You don't get the potential growth without taking on the risk yourself.
what potential growth?  Even their own optimistic estimates put this at 6% APR with 50 new listings a year.  The investors here are taking ALL the risk and getting very little in return.

You want a guaranteed return on your investment, go buy 0.2% treasuries or something "safe".
For the level of risk with this venture, we should be getting a bigger cut for us effectively loaning them our money.  Look at the other securities with similar risk profiles.  The APR is 30% or more.

I mean, 2 of their competitors closed within the last 2 months, and both competitors were considerably larger, had significantly more users/listings, had better service, had better interfaces/platforms, and they STILL closed.  What does HL bring to the market?  "We're not closed... yet"  In every single way, they offer an inferior service to those that have shut down.

On the subject of risk and some sort of mitigation for that risk, look at XBOND, they are paying 17% and have considerably less risk than this security.

Go play at the kids table if you can't handle it.
Adults do the math, and when it doesn't add up, they ask questions.  I know you're new here, so I'll let that one slide, but you should really be asking questions, not jumping on those that do.

Wow, thanks for proving to everyone you have no clue about investing.  6% APR is the dividends...which few if any startups ever pay.  You think the early investors demanded google to start paying dividends or rightly re-investing profits into the business.   The investor's return comes in the form of CAPITAL GAINS. You are looking for a bond not a stock/fund.

You'll let that one slide?  OH THANK YOU HAVE MERCY.  You have allowed me to exist.
November 20, 2013, 11:18:10 AM
Do venture capitalists ask for insurance? 
for the amount of money we are giving them, we would get more than 5% ownership if we were venture capitalists.  We'd also get a bigger chunk of the profits.

You don't get the potential growth without taking on the risk yourself.
what potential growth?  Even their own optimistic estimates put this at 6% APR with 50 new listings a year.  The investors here are taking ALL the risk and getting very little in return.

You want a guaranteed return on your investment, go buy 0.2% treasuries or something "safe".
For the level of risk with this venture, we should be getting a bigger cut for us effectively loaning them our money.  Look at the other securities with similar risk profiles.  The APR is 30% or more.

I mean, 2 of their competitors closed within the last 2 months, and both competitors were considerably larger, had significantly more users/listings, had better service, had better interfaces/platforms, and they STILL closed.  What does HL bring to the market?  "We're not closed... yet"  In every single way, they offer an inferior service to those that have shut down.

On the subject of risk and some sort of mitigation for that risk, look at XBOND, they are paying 17% and have considerably less risk than this security.

Adults do the math, and when it doesn't add up, they ask questions.  I know you're new here, so I'll let that one slide, but you should really be asking questions, not jumping on those that do.
November 20, 2013, 11:07:57 AM
To make this even half way worthwhile for investors, you need to back up this security with some sort of insurance to mitigate the high risk. Typical return in this area is well over 30% APR for something with a similar risk profile.

So, if you are giving 6%, you need to come up with a way to lower that risk.

Since when do securities offer insurance?  Investing is a risk, if you don't want to take on the risk fine but its kinda funny that you require a safety net.   Do venture capitalists ask for insurance?  Did people investing in google when it came out demand insurance?  You want a guaranteed return on your investment, go buy 0.2% treasuries or something "safe".  You don't get the potential growth without taking on the risk yourself.

Lol, hurry up and GET IN THE VAN!

Activity: 32
November 20, 2013, 11:05:55 AM
crazy!

the numbers are outright insulting..

the market aint big enough to make your site worth that much

think about it guys.. this is nuts -- just hold your bitcoins tight
Activity: 13
November 20, 2013, 10:50:16 AM
To make this even half way worthwhile for investors, you need to back up this security with some sort of insurance to mitigate the high risk. Typical return in this area is well over 30% APR for something with a similar risk profile.

Since when do securities offer insurance?  Investing is a risk, if you don't want to take on the risk fine but its kinda funny that you require a safety net.   Do venture capitalists ask for insurance?  Did people investing in google when it came out demand insurance?  You want a guaranteed return on your investment, go buy 0.2% treasuries or something "safe".  You don't get the potential growth without taking on the risk yourself.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
November 20, 2013, 10:47:29 AM
I always hate the rushed feeling of all this. Documents are released to the public, and 24 hours after that the fund goes live. That's never enough time for an investor to make a calculated decision on whether or not investing is a good idea. Add in the "Get it while we offer at a 50% discount" attitude and everything starts to blend in with the other quickly thrown together short-lived ventures.

I'm not saying Havelock doesn't know what they're doing or that this isn't any less legitimate than I think it is...just more of a "I wouldn't do it this way for various reasons" kind of thing.  Cheesy
+1

The only reason I can think of for such a hurry, is that they hope for someone panic-buying without giving it much attention.

Of course if there is a better reason I wasn't able to think of, I'd be happy!
November 20, 2013, 10:43:54 AM

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
November 20, 2013, 05:47:43 AM
Come on guys, they just want $60 MILLION DOLLARS to play with. What's the big deal? Cheesy
ar9
Activity: 352
November 19, 2013, 11:00:24 PM
What is the capital to be raised in this IPO needed for?
New house, car, vocation, luxury, what else.. oh,  better customer service  Wink

Bingo.
This is why I am entirely turned off by this enterprise.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
November 19, 2013, 10:36:14 PM
What is the capital to be raised in this IPO needed for?
New house, car, vocation, luxury, what else.. oh,  better customer service  Wink
November 19, 2013, 09:50:15 PM
You value your Panamanian website, the spelling of which you yourself are yet to master, at 100,000 BTC?! 100K BTC?  Over 600 million dollars at current prices?  Could you doublecheck your calculations to make sure a few extra zeros haven't been tacked on by mistake?  I understand that occasionally happens when dealing with large numbers.

Hi Crumbs,

At ~$600 the current Bitcoin/Fiat rate BTC100,000 = $60,000,000   Not the $600 Million referenced above!

Could you please clarify where we may have made a mistake. We appreciate you input.

Thank you,

Havelock Investments

Oh, thank goodness *I* am not trying to float a mlti-million dollar company.  Imagine how embarrassing that sort of a slip-up would have been?
Oh, wait...  You don't have to imagine.
*If you would like your other mistakes clarified, i'm eager to help a fellow tinkerer in this open source economy.
Activity: 328
November 19, 2013, 09:30:10 PM
You value your Panamanian website, the spelling of which you yourself are yet to master, at 100,000 BTC?! 100K BTC?  Over 600 million dollars at current prices?  Could you doublecheck your calculations to make sure a few extra zeros haven't been tacked on by mistake?  I understand that occasionally happens when dealing with large numbers.

Hi Crumbs,

At ~$600 the current Bitcoin/Fiat rate BTC100,000 = $60,000,000   Not the $600 Million referenced above!

Could you please clarify where we may have made a mistake. We appreciate you input.

Thank you,

Havelock Investments
ar9
Activity: 352
November 19, 2013, 09:25:43 PM
Honestly, if anything, this just turns me off of Havelock.
November 19, 2013, 08:44:45 PM
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
November 19, 2013, 07:42:32 PM
To clarify,

We have enough funds to run HavelockInvestments.com and are not looking for any of our users to lend us or provide us with any Capital for our operations.
That is why we only offer 5% of the Company.

This Fund is offered as a way for our loyal users to participate in any profits derived from the operations of the HavelockInvestments.com website.

We want the Bitcoin community to participate with us in this growing venture.

Join us in Funding the next generation of Bitcoin Empowered Business!

Thank you,

Havelock Investments

Oh how generous of you guys. Why dont you give away the 5% of the company but rather want close to 5milion$ for it ? At least be honest about what you are doing this forum/community went through enough BS last few months
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
November 19, 2013, 07:35:33 PM
I always hate the rushed feeling of all this. Documents are released to the public, and 24 hours after that the fund goes live. That's never enough time for an investor to make a calculated decision on whether or not investing is a good idea. Add in the "Get it while we offer at a 50% discount" attitude and everything starts to blend in with the other quickly thrown together short-lived ventures.

I'm not saying Havelock doesn't know what they're doing or that this isn't any less legitimate than I think it is...just more of a "I wouldn't do it this way for various reasons" kind of thing.  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: