Pages:
Author

Topic: [HAVELOCK] (HIF) Havelock Investments Fund - page 24. (Read 70064 times)

Activity: 328
Merit: 250
November 19, 2013, 07:35:03 PM
To clarify,

We have enough funds to run HavelockInvestments.com and are not looking for any of our users to lend us or provide us with any Capital for our operations.
That is why we only offer 5% of the Company.

This Fund is offered as a way for our loyal users to participate in any profits derived from the operations of the HavelockInvestments.com website.

We want the Bitcoin community to participate with us in this growing venture.

Join us in Funding the next generation of Bitcoin Empowered Business!

Thank you,

Havelock Investments
November 19, 2013, 07:29:23 PM
I understand thee business is registered and operates in Panama but the operators are in Canada correct? What is the projected legal environment for BTC in Canada fr the next few years?

Also, what's the word on the street in regards to competing exchanges???

Are you very confident you will not go the way of BTC.CO in one calendar year? I also point out that Burnside initially wasn't worried cause BTC.CO was in Panama for him too, but he got scared legally at home and shut down...

Not a detractor, I am rooting for a stable xchange....

The business is 100% In Panama!

Activity: 73
Merit: 15
November 19, 2013, 07:25:08 PM
I understand thee business is registered and operates in Panama but the operators are in Canada correct? What is the projected legal environment for BTC in Canada fr the next few years?

Also, what's the word on the street in regards to competing exchanges???

Are you very confident you will not go the way of BTC.CO in one calendar year? I also point out that Burnside initially wasn't worried cause BTC.CO was in Panama for him too, but he got scared legally at home and shut down...

Not a detractor, I am rooting for a stable xchange....
November 19, 2013, 07:24:58 PM
Your Calculation based on those projections are right. But remember that the Blocks have a built in discount to them.

So the first block is 50% off, which will double the yield. We also look to increase overall unit value not just the dividends.
even at 11% APR, it's not very attractive.  Is our investment secured or anything?  Why such a low return?  A security like this is very high risk.

And if you increase the value of the security (not sure how you can do that with 6% APR), then the APR will decrease.

Am I missing something?  Why should we loan you bitcoins for 6% APR?

Thank you for your comment,

Most emerging growth companies do not pay a dividend. Companies that are not able to grow their core business offer a dividend as they will not need to reinvest their profits. We choose to offer a dividend to our unit holders. Over the next couple of years we are looking to increase our core revenue. As our revenue increases so would the value of our units. A dividends yield is not the first issue you should look into when purchasing emerging growth companies.

We appreciate your time looking into our Fund Offering.

Havelock Investments
Activity: 259
November 19, 2013, 07:21:59 PM
Your Calculation based on those projections are right. But remember that the Blocks have a built in discount to them.

So the first block is 50% off, which will double the yield. We also look to increase overall unit value not just the dividends.
even at 11% APR, it's not very attractive.  Is our investment secured or anything?  Why such a low return?  A security like this is very high risk.

And if you increase the value of the security (not sure how you can do that with 6% APR), then the APR will decrease.

^
This   
Activity: 476
November 19, 2013, 07:11:04 PM

Activity: 763
Merit: 500
November 19, 2013, 07:09:48 PM
Expenses seem really high, what is 2K BTC being spent on.  Are their salaries on top of the 75% that is being held by owners?
November 19, 2013, 07:06:12 PM
so that projected profit of 5870 btc (it really takes 2K btc to run your exchange?) is divided by 100,000,000 shares?

That's .0000587 per share, at a value of .001, so like 5.87% APR?

Or did I do a calculation wrong somewhere?

Thank you

Havelock Investments

Activity: 476
November 19, 2013, 06:57:56 PM
so that projected profit of 5870 btc (it really takes 2K btc to run your exchange?) is divided by 100,000,000 shares?

That's .0000587 per share, at a value of .001, so like 5.87% APR?

Or did I do a calculation wrong somewhere?
November 19, 2013, 06:53:21 PM
1 BTC monthly fee for listing seems a lot, many small-but-profitable securities might have problems paying that.
Have you considered and discarded the possibility of offering discounts to some securities, or is there a chance of that happening?
Thinking there will be 50 securities able to pay that fee is overly optimistic, I fear.

The 1 BTC Maintenance fee to continue to be listed with our Site is based on our current General Tariff.
Adjustments or discounts will be considered based on the size of the asset we manage.

HIF
Activity: 187
Merit: 109
Converting information into power since 1867
November 19, 2013, 06:51:09 PM
It is an approximation at this time. Remember over 75% of our offering will be done in a discount.

Also we are not issuing any securities, but are offering our users the ability to purchase units of the Funds that
we manage.

Feel free to contact us directly so that we may explain that further.

Thank you,

Havelock Investments

Thank you for your prompt and honest responses.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
November 19, 2013, 06:48:01 PM
1 BTC monthly fee for listing seems a lot, many small-but-profitable securities might have problems paying that.
Have you considered and discarded the possibility of offering discounts to some securities, or is there a chance of that happening?
Thinking there will be 50 securities able to pay that fee is overly optimistic, I fear.
November 19, 2013, 06:39:27 PM

Based on the BTC5870 mentioned in the prospectus, I think that should be ~17X.

It is an approximation at this time. Remember over 75% of our offering will be done in a discount.

Also we are not issuing any securities, but are offering our users the ability to purchase units of the Funds that
we manage.

Feel free to contact us directly so that we may explain that further.

Thank you,

Havelock Investments
November 19, 2013, 06:33:30 PM
So, just to clarify...

The total number of undilutable shares is 100,000,000.
The percentage of shares actually traded publicly will be 5% of the total.
At a face value of BTC0.001 (ignoring IPO discounts), Havelock Investments will be worth BTC100,000. That's almost $70 million at current prices.

I apologise in advance if I'm missing something...

Based on our projected FY 2014 Revenue and Profit the price is based on 12X PE
Which our Investments Advisers on our team believe is a very low PE ratio for our Bitcoin Venture Capital Fund.
Also remember that all of Revenues will be Bitcoin based regardless of the Fiat/BTC ratio.

Thank you,

HIF

Based on the BTC5870 mentioned in the prospectus, I think that should be ~17X.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
November 19, 2013, 06:28:18 PM
What is the capital to be raised in this IPO needed for?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
November 19, 2013, 06:23:43 PM
Other than the fact that you are registered in Panama, how can you ensure that Havelock will not go the way of BitFunder and BTCT? I don't see how you guys are any more exempt from the same vulnerabilities that they were exposed to.

Investors could be S.O.L. if a month from now the feds come crashing down your door with immense pressure making you close down.

The Panama Fund is a registered licensed Private Investment company that follows the regulations required in the jurisdiction in which we operate.
We worked hard with local regulators to find a Legal way to offer our Bitcoin Venture Capital Fund.
Unless new Laws are written or existing Laws are rewritten we will continue to operate as is.

Thank you,

Havelock Investments

It's not that simple, if you are offering securities to U.S. citizens or anyone anywhere in the world for that matter, your business is operating in their jurisdiction. Basically an unregulated stock exchange, which, just like BF and BTCT, when you get pressured you pretty much won't have any choice but to shut down.

Not that I don't appreciate your service, but you're delusional if you think you're protected just because you are registered in Panama.
November 19, 2013, 06:12:34 PM
So, just to clarify...

At a face value of BTC0.001 (ignoring IPO discounts), Havelock Investments will be worth BTC100,000. That's almost $70 million at current prices.

Based on our projected FY 2014 Revenue and Profit the price is based on 12X PE
Which our Investments Advisers on our team believe is a very low PE ratio for our Bitcoin Venture Capital Fund.
Also remember that all of Revenues will be Bitcoin based regardless of the Fiat/BTC ratio.

Thank you,

HIF
November 19, 2013, 06:03:06 PM
So, just to clarify...

November 19, 2013, 05:39:25 PM
Other than the fact that you are registered in Panama, how can you ensure that Havelock will not go the way of BitFunder and BTCT? I don't see how you guys are any more exempt from the same vulnerabilities that they were exposed to.

Investors could be S.O.L. if a month from now the feds come crashing down your door with immense pressure making you close down.

The Panama Fund is a registered licensed Private Investment company that follows the regulations required in the jurisdiction in which we operate.
We worked hard with local regulators to find a Legal way to offer our Bitcoin Venture Capital Fund.
Unless new Laws are written or existing Laws are rewritten we will continue to operate as is.

Thank you,

Havelock Investments
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
November 19, 2013, 05:32:49 PM

Pages:
Jump to: