Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 25. (Read 286590 times)

Activity: 128
Merit: 100
This is my first post on this forum and possibly my last but I want to put in my two cents worth.  I have been investing in CGB since Jan. 2014 and as I have been reading through the posts in this thread and I hear a lot of people suggesting that we should change the fundamentals of CGB.  I think that would be a big mistake and speaking for myself it would drive me away as an investor.  For me, as a sizeable investor of CGB, there are no flaws at all with the coin.  I plan to still own my CGB that I buy today ten or fifteen years from now.  I plan to live off the interest years from now when the coin is $500 each.  I don't trade, I invest and I am patient.  I can envision improvements to the wallet to add more features such as what we saw with the intent of Silkcoin even though that turned out to be a scam. Not trying to discredit another coin but calling them like I see them.  I wouldn't change anything about CGB.  Actually I don't have a problem with the current market cap because it allows small timers like myself to buy them up.  On a side note, if you are the one dumping CGB to lower the price I would like to say thank you and no I won't sell them back to you.  Sorry.  I think the community is growing and the Devs are amazing.  Thank you guys.   Patience is a virtue.  Marketing is a virtue.  Expansion through word of mouth is a virtue.  Changing course because the market cap is low is not a virtue when people have invested in the coin as it was originally intended to be.  There is a time for a low market cap.  There is a time for a high market cap.  This is the time for a low market cap and time to buy.   Enjoy it while it lasts and stay the course. 
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Woo hoo! Sent 100 CGB to the Foundation.

And check out this article:

http://www.coindesk.com/australia-igot-exchange-secures-funding-global-expansion/

'He added that Australia had huge potential as a bitcoin hub. While he has seen his customers make major purchases like cars through igot’s exchange, some trades were made for major export items like coal.'

Wow!! and I am still treated like an annoying simpleton at my bank when I ask about Bitcoin.

And I had a wonderfully weird argument with Hotel with Big Chandeliers in The Lobby today. I rang them because they were listed on a SpendBitcoin site. They accept Bitcoin via Expedia -- but I was told that I couldn't say that. 'We have no association at all with Bitcoin,' I was told -- yeh, umm, well . . . actually, you do. I can book a room at your hotel with Bitcoin.

What transpired was wholly positive: I hammered my way to Medium Level Guy. We decided that the Directory should have a section that directs people to the 'Australian Expedia Customers Section.' The Directory has reached a higher plain.

Mark, Australia

Interesting insight into the big payment portals scooping up lots of business! This is a good thing overall, and I suspect *most* of the businesses wouldn't have a problem with being part of a CryptoMall. Very valuable experience with the different types of businesses out there Mark! Commodity trade settlement, in crypto? Why not!
Hell yes!  CGB is due to get some life back in it.  Just scooped up some low hanging fruit on cryptsy and sent 500 CGB to the donation address (and 800ish to my own wallet, I'm being greedy Tongue).

Thanks sixteendigits!!!

This is already a great turnout! Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!

I have put a few mentions on /r/CryptoCurrency and the /r/CryptoMarkets sticky post, check em out!

papersheepdog, Canada
Activity: 462
Hell yes!  CGB is due to get some life back in it.  Just scooped up some low hanging fruit on cryptsy and sent 500 CGB to the donation address (and 800ish to my own wallet, I'm being greedy Tongue).

We have a big favor to ask of the Cryptogenic Bullion community. We need donations. We are struggling to put together the funds for an ambitious professional marketing campaign. By next month, many of you will be shocked at the quality and exposure of our next big piece. For the ability to continue to fully capture the momentum we will need real funding. CGB is ready, CryptoTown is the face of the next big push. Your contributions could mean the difference between kicking off the party and waiting around for something to happen. This is a special appeal to anyone who may have the ability; don't just hold CGB, invest in it (CGB Foundation).

Details on Friday's party may be divulged shortly.

The CGB Core Team

Can you post the Adress were to send donations?
How much are you looking for in total funding?

Hi bahamapascal! Hope all is well with you! It has been a while. The first wave of the campaign is $2200 and requires us to come up with the material. We are working behind the scenes to finalize as we speak and the material is phenomenal! The campaign as scheduled thus far is around $7k, however we are planning to do and pay for this in stages as it really is not very comforting to use CGB at the current exchange rate. This however will change! So CGB donations will be helpful. I and the rest of the Core Team are confident this is part of the transition phase to move to real world adoption and big money investors. This is uncharted territory and we are trailblazing, but this is not new to us and the CGB community. Anyway, CGB donations can go to 5mTno3UeSvZVmF5mMvZnD49fepnxN2dKUh - balances can be verified via coinplorer. For other donations, including non-financial, please pm me or email to cryptogenicbullion.org.

Hi elambert! Wow, this sounds exiting! I really hope that you are right, it really is time for an increase of price.

I donated 1k CGB (tx ID bae3340131003f707846f50bb65cc2432c4d812ff35848676f445c86fb8f19f2 ), I hope that this will get you a bit further.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked AWESOME! This is so appreciated!

We will need ALL HANDS ON DECK tomorrow! This is going to be huge. We will be pulling in major interest with the CryptoTown On The Ground project, as well as CGB's first birthday. TOMORROW.

Check in early tomorrow morning! Should have some posts up by 8AM EST!

There will certainly be CGB giveaways, as well as a multi-coin fundraiser for the CryptoTown project!

If we can meet our first wave fundraising target tomorrow (which bahamapascal just blew a formidable hole through) the next weeks and months will be leaps and bounds ahead of anything we have seen in the past for CGB and CryptoTown!

legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

We have a big favor to ask of the Cryptogenic Bullion community. We need donations. We are struggling to put together the funds for an ambitious professional marketing campaign. By next month, many of you will be shocked at the quality and exposure of our next big piece. For the ability to continue to fully capture the momentum we will need real funding. CGB is ready, CryptoTown is the face of the next big push. Your contributions could mean the difference between kicking off the party and waiting around for something to happen. This is a special appeal to anyone who may have the ability; don't just hold CGB, invest in it (CGB Foundation).

The CGB Core Team

Hi bahamapascal! Hope all is well with you! It has been a while. The first wave of the campaign is $2200 and requires us to come up with the material. We are working behind the scenes to finalize as we speak and the material is phenomenal! The campaign as scheduled thus far is around $7k, however we are planning to do and pay for this in stages as it really is not very comforting to use CGB at the current exchange rate. This however will change! So CGB donations will be helpful. I and the rest of the Core Team are confident this is part of the transition phase to move to real world adoption and big money investors. This is uncharted territory and we are trailblazing, but this is not new to us and the CGB community. Anyway, CGB donations can go to 5mTno3UeSvZVmF5mMvZnD49fepnxN2dKUh - balances can be verified via coinplorer. For other donations, including non-financial, please pm me or email to cryptogenicbullion.org.

Hi elambert! Wow, this sounds exiting! I really hope that you are right, it really is time for an increase of price.

I donated 1k CGB (tx ID bae3340131003f707846f50bb65cc2432c4d812ff35848676f445c86fb8f19f2 ), I hope that this will get you a bit further.

Thank you for your continued support!
Activity: 695
Merit: 500

The CGB Core Team

IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Net trouble

Mark
legendary

The CGB Core Team

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

The CGB Core Team

legendary

http://www.coindesk.com/australia-igot-exchange-secures-funding-global-expansion/

'He added that Australia had huge potential as a bitcoin hub. While he has seen his customers make major purchases like cars through igot’s exchange, some trades were made for major export items like coal.'

Wow!! and I am still treated like an annoying simpleton at my bank when I ask about Bitcoin.

And I had a wonderfully weird argument with Hotel with Big Chandeliers in The Lobby today. I rang them because they were listed on a SpendBitcoin site. They accept Bitcoin via Expedia -- but I was told that I couldn't say that. 'We have no association at all with Bitcoin,' I was told -- yeh, umm, well . . . actually, you do. I can book a room at your hotel with Bitcoin.

What transpired was wholly positive: I hammered my way to Medium Level Guy. We decided that the Directory should have a section that directs people to the 'Australian Expedia Customers Section.' The Directory has reached a higher plain.

Mark, Australia

Thank you so much for the donation!

As PSD mentioned, we are in the works of putting together a professional marketing campaign that will expose CGB to an audience that reaches far beyond the day-traders and miners that make up the majority of BCT. The only issue is that this is very costly. Donations are encouraged and welcomed! If you have a stake in CGB, please help us and lets do this as a community.
IMZ
legendary
Was gonna post this over at the Workshop, but I think it should be here. Gotta stir the possum:

guys -- notwithstanding that we have a good deal on our plates -- the Directory work is revealing a reality to which (imho) we must respond right now:

really, it's an extension of me nagging everyone to Get Involved Right Now:

everyone with a year or more under their belt is used to the terrain changing very rapidly. However, those changes have been, so to speak, 'within' the crypto sphere.' Well, I see something new and very scary:

'e-commerce platform' and 'expedia.com' and 'dcpos' and 'payment method' are the buzz words. Chunks of crypto technology are being tied together into massive 'commercial applications,' and 98% of the present expansion of cryptos is happening in that field (and 98% within that field involves only Bitcoin . . . ).

Now, some of those apps do provide for the acceptance of a range of cryptos . . . but I wouldn't bet that we can just sit about and wait for CGB to be put on those lists!! (We're at 177 on coinmarketcap at this second).

A boutique coin must apply boutique techniques. We need an amazing network of connections whereby we can argue for the inclusion of CGB in portfolios; and if we don't begin that networkiing yesterday, we may find that the vast majority of territory has been 'locked down' into corporate-controlled apps.

Mark, Australia
IMZ
legendary

Mark, Australia
CGB Core Team Weekly Update - June 24, 2014

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.

Good day everyone. This update will have to be brief as we are extremely busy making preparations for CGB's 1st birthday on the 27th, and other media attention that we are putting in major overtime to make happen. Quite a few developments recently should be mentioned in no special order:

The CGB Core Team
Right now 0.53 BTC would clean Cryptsy's order-book right out, I wish I had that lying arround as 0.53 BTC for 1892 CGB is nuts Grin

I am reminded of my silver investments. I got in a lot at over 30$ and am I worried? Nope. You can go over the math of how much more you *could* have but that's a fruitless exercise. You simply buy on the way down (as close to the bottom as you can guess), and sell on the way up (as close to the top as you can guess).

papersheepdog, Canada
Activity: 346
Merit: 255
Right now 0.53 BTC would clean Cryptsy's order-book right out, I wish I had that lying arround as 0.53 BTC for 1892 CGB is nuts Grin
Technical Chart Analysis (CGB) - June 24, 2014

For your convenience, presented with little comment.

We can see that the chart is running out of trends to follow.

As Mark mentioned, most of the cryptosphere is dealing with something similar at the moment.

This should be interesting. Toughest time to hold, but most rewarding.

Edit: Also, happy page 150!! Grin
legendary
Contest #4!
This contest is aimed at spreading word of one of the major projects that CGB is currently partnered with, CryptoTown! This is an enormous project aimed at bridging the gap between cryptos and real world local users and merchants and is not nation, coin or person specific. This is for all coin communities! The CGB team has a series of numbers selected and will give away 10 CGB to the corresponding individual from each group of 10 to carry out the below assignment.

1. Favorite and retweet the 'Contest # 4 tweet'
2. Subscribes to this Reddit
3. Reply to the Reddit post with a verbal vote of support, your CGB address and sign with your user name and nation (ex: elambert, USA)

Lets get started!

Guys and gals, Countdown to CGB's BDAY Contest # 4 continues! All that have carried out the above tasks so far have been awarded prizes at r/CryptoTown! Please favorite and retweet this! Lets bring as much attention as possible to the CryptoTown project, it is a game changer!
IMZ
legendary
Don't lose heart, Percy!! Almost all alts are way down, but the end of the tunnel is definitely in site.

Check out:  http://www.vintageoriginalposters.com/Infopage.php

'Bitcoin, Litecoin, Terracoin, Feathercoin, Primecoin, Cryptogenic Bullion, Digitalcoin, and many other alternative cryptocurrencies.'

This guy must be a crypto-coiner. Wish I could have a chat with him -- and CGB-er know this business??

Mark, Australia
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Nice buying opportunity at cryptsy. Grin
Pages:
Jump to: