Pages:
Author

Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive - page 11. (Read 478623 times)

Activity: 396
Merit: 109
@dingle

i tried your description and compiled hbn successfully on ubuntu 18.04.4, thank you. Without the GUI yet, but the server CLI is more important to me. Can free the resources of my old 14.04 ubuntu systems now, need them for testing 20.04.

ps: need a donation address from you

Hobo does not need to be compiled. Re-allocate the energy and time you lent to compiling a coin into a useful activity. It is a matter of truthful truth that u dont even know Linux. Perchance u learned a small bunch of commands to aid urself with installing software when software center refuses to open. Im fain that u did that but seemingly that is where ur skills end. U are a mole which gropes in the blind while darkness only gets denser.
Activity: 876
Merit: 291
donation address for HoboNickels: EhchUdDtyjQE6fVFRQyqasVynwiLcxqhaP

40k hbn sent to you, thanks again. The qt compilation i will test later.
Activity: 109
Merit: 6

But the future is unknown, and I still monitor the network and market weekly to ensure it is function as expected.

Happy G Zues Krist Day!

HOBO is one of perhaps 4 projects with the founder/dev still there since 2014. 
20000 odd thousands are dust and rust.  But HOBO is original and still here.

You'd think the market (general public) might respect that.

Yeah, almost as if it were close to outrunning its own inflation
Incredible how supportive and serious people are about this project

HBN is still on my Radar, and I still actively support the coin.

Hey guys
I'm in contact with an exchange. The listing preparation is on it's way and HBN should very soon have an additional home. Yay!
To get started a listing fee of 0.05 btc is asked from the exchange operators. I will pay the listing fee from my own. Participation is still welcome, just PM me.
Else, I would be happy you as HBN supporters would contribute, while trading and spread the word about the new exchange.
Thanks

By the way.
Thanks to that guy that is paying the blockexplorer https://chainz.cryptoid.info/hbn/ fee.

"It's a small step for one man, but a big step for HBN"
Let's Rock!

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Would it be possible to implement headers-first sync? Have we talked about this already? Is it difficult?

hey bud you might not recognize the handle "dingle" but its me "krewshul" from discord.  i know your coding skills lol.. you and i both know it wouldnt be THAT difficult.. the only thing is i dont know who is running this one.. i think it would be kinda rude if we went and messed with someones code without permission. thats why i just wrote a fixit script instead of fixing the makefile with the compile issue. anyone know the dev on this one?
@dingle

i tried your description and compiled hbn successfully on ubuntu 18.04.4, thank you. Without the GUI yet, but the server CLI is more important to me. Can free the resources of my old 14.04 ubuntu systems now, need them for testing 20.04.

glad it worked for ya.   oh... just tried something and dont know why i didnt think of this before...

if you have the same source file and didnt delete it after building the daemon... got to the src/leveldb directory and type

./build_detect_platform libleveldb.a out-static

cd ../../
qmake
make -j2

aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnndddddd viola HoboNickels-qt will be in same folder as you

now i need to put an asterisk here****** I only run headless on linux. all Command line. i have 2 servers in my kitchen i use to build and host with. Soooooo i cant run qt's on linux. my only rig with desktop on it is my windows machine. so i havent been able to test the qt to see if it works.. if you want to test it and see that would be awesome but i cant guarantee it.  but im about 90% sure it will work

donation address for HoboNickels: EhchUdDtyjQE6fVFRQyqasVynwiLcxqhaP

I was able to dl freecoin.  He didn't email me like he said he would, but I tried after a few days and was able to.

Sorry he didnt message you back... i know last time i talked with him he was going on a little vacation with his girl. that may be why he didnt might of been kinda busy. (wink wink lol) but i dont want to make excuses for anyone. my concern is more about people getting their coins.. i have been ripped off too many times and always want to try to help others who have...  but you got yours right??? you are taken care of? if not i have no problem messaging him.  we usually chat quite often.. so im sure i could get a response.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
Would it be possible to implement headers-first sync? Have we talked about this already? Is it difficult?
@dingle

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550
I was able to dl freecoin.  He didn't email me like he said he would, but I tried after a few days and was able to.
Have not been able to withdraw from FreiExchange the last two days.  Today got the usual error after trying to withdraw:
Error! There is a error, contact support (906).

I contacted support and heard back once but then even getting login errors there.  Support did not contact me back again.

i tried with different coins, until now all runs fine. Tried a mini and medium withdraw of hbn and both are executed. Nevertheless thanks for this warning, i'm more careful.

i know the owner of freiexchange... if there is anything wrong he will fix it. he is good people. i know that means nothing to you all  cause you dont know me.. but i wanted to stand up and say that. Freiexchange is one of the very few honest exchanges out there. I also tried pulling HBN off there.. no issues.

This is running under ubuntu 14.04, a 32 bit virtual machine, and I seem to recall a possible difference in leveldb file formats.

(Wish I could find a version of the client that compiles or runs under ubuntu 18.04 64 bit but thats another issue.) 

i think it may be the 32 bit system.. now i did notice one issue with leveldb.. they store the libmemenv.a in /HoboNickels2.0.1.0/src/leveldb/out-static/ but makefile is calling for it at HoboNickels2.0.1.0/src/leveldb/.....................

2 possible fixes...

one.. dev alters the makefile, or a person can before they compile (i did not test that to see if it worked. so.. use at your own risk)

or two.. i just compiled it separately.. if you go into leveldb and then run

`chmod +x build_detect_platform`
`make`

......... theeeeeeeeennnn

`cd ../`

and then run 

`make -f makefile.unix`

it will compile daemon for you on ubuntu18..................

or.... i wrote a bash script to do it.

copy the the lines of code  between the hash marks and save as a "something".sh and then run

`bash 'something.sh'`

and it will install the required deps and build a daemon for you on ubuntu 18 and 16

##################################################################################################

#!/bin/bash
sudo apt update -y
sleep 2
sudo apt upgrade -y
sleep 2
sudo apt-get --assume-yes install build-essential libtool autotools-dev automake pkg-config libssl-dev libevent-dev bsdmainutils python3
sleep 2
sudo apt-get --assume-yes install software-properties-common
sleep 2
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
sleep 2
sudo apt-get --assume-yes update
sleep 2
sudo apt-get --assume-yes install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev
sleep 2
sudo apt-get --assume-yes install libminiupnpc-dev
sleep 2
sudo apt-get --assume-yes install libzmq3-dev
sleep 2
sudo apt-get --assume-yes install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler
sleep 2
sudo apt-get --assume-yes install libqrencode-dev
sleep 2
sudo apt-get --assume-yes install libboost-all-dev
aleep 2
sudo apt-get --assume-yes install libssl1.0
sleep 2
sudo wget https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/archive/2.0.1.0.tar.gz
sleep 2
sudo tar zxvf 2.0.1.0.tar.gz
sleep 2
cd HoboNickels-2.0.1.0/src/leveldb
sleep 2
chmod +x build_detect_platform
sleep 2
make
sleep 5
cd ../
sleep 2
sudo make -f makefile.unix -j2 
sleep 2

##################################################################################################
i've lost interest in high inflation coins, it's against usage. This one dropped from 100% yearly to 30% yearly, good. Hobo shall have a limit of around 120 million coins, i'm excited how this goes out, inflation should drop hard the next time. But without development this coin has no future anyway.
I sent the dev a screenshot and he identified the error and confessed to the problem and said he would fix it and tell me when it's fixed.

BTW, if any of you have any Bottlecaps, it seems like it's on its last leg.  Would be good to get it back up again.  Tranz the dev here I believe was the one who did the last recompile/edit of the code.

Speaking of which, since the Bottlecaps thread here is pretty inactive. someone gave me some CAPS to help work on a book on staking. 

I did continue to work on it.  I mention will mention HBN and already did CAPS in the book on staking:
http://telicalbooks.com/Staking_Book_RSPearson.html
If we can get people excited and pump the book it would therefore pump the price and bring more supporters.

I need proofreaders.   
Have not been able to withdraw from FreiExchange the last two days.  Today got the usual error after trying to withdraw:

I contacted support and heard back once but then even getting login errors there.  Support did not contact me back again.

i tried with different coins, until now all runs fine. Tried a mini and medium withdraw of hbn and both are executed. Nevertheless thanks for this warning, i'm more careful.
Thanks for the warning, i will inform about my experience. Until now i had no problems with them.

For Debian 10 (no GUI)

After this you have in $COIN_INSTALL/src/ the "hobonickelsd"

Compilation was succesfull, thanks for the help. But I have running ubuntu only, not debian. This way I would not have an advantage. Is it possible to make a static compilation, that I simply can copy to the ubuntu VMs?
Activity: 227
Merit: 26
“BitCloud [BTDX]”
For Debian 10 (no GUI)

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# add /etc/apt/sources.list
echo "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get -y update
apt-get -y install -y unzip git build-essential libevent-dev libz-dev
# old stretch lib
apt-get -y install libssl1.0 libboost1.62-dev libboost-system1.62-dev libboost-filesystem1.62-dev libboost-program-options1.62-dev libboost-thread1.62-dev libboost-regex1.62-dev

# make db
cd /root/
wget http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.zip
unzip db-4.8.30.zip && rm db-4.8.30.zip
# Debian 10 : https://www.fsanmartin.co/compiling-berkeley-db-4-8-30-in-ubuntu-19/
sed -i 's/__atomic_compare_exchange/__atomic_compare_exchange_db/g' /root/db-4.8.30/dbinc/atomic.h
#
cd db-4.8.30/build_unix
../dist/configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-cxx
make && make install
echo 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH="\$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib"' >> /etc/environment

# BASICS
COIN="HoboNickels"
COIN_PORT="7372"
COIN_DOWNLOAD="https://github.com/Crypto-Expert/HoboNickels"
COIN_BLOCKCHAIN="http://hobonickels.info/${COIN_BLOCKCHAIN_VERSION}.zip"
COIND="/usr/local/bin/${COIN}d"
COIN_CLI="/usr/local/bin/${COIN}d"
COIN_BLOCKEXPLORER="https://chainz.cryptoid.info/hbn/api.dws?q=getblockcount"
COIN_NODE="https://chainz.cryptoid.info/hbn/api.dws?q=nodes"

# DIRS
ROOT="/root/"
INSTALL_DIR="${ROOT}INSTALL_${COIN}/"
COIN_ROOT="${ROOT}.${COIN}"
COIN_INSTALL="${ROOT}${COIN}"

# prepair the installation

git clone $COIN_DOWNLOAD $COIN_INSTALL

# make the wallet (without gui)

cd $COIN_INSTALL/src/
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=

After this you have in $COIN_INSTALL/src/ the "hobonickelsd"
would like that dev starts compiling it on the new ubuntu 20.04 LTS os first, before starting new functionality. I have my wallets running in 14.04 virtual machines yet.
Activity: 286
Merit: 251
I was using HBN on a 32 bit system for years but never could get it to compile on my Ubuntu system when I went 64 bit!

However, spurred on by you, I compiled it on a Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit vm and that is looking good and may be synced in 24 to 48 hrs.

Thanks for your help.
Activity: 371
Merit: 250

Any one any ideas?
There is no infor in and debug.log or db.log

Just a guess but it might not work on a 32 bit system.  I'm running on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit system without issues with HoboNickels version v2.0.1.0-g-V2.0.  I hope that helps.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718
The client has come up a mere 270 days begind, this is good news. There is only 1 peer which is odd but network traffic is ongoing.
Current nodes can be found here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/hbn/#!network. Just click on node list and add the nodes to your config file.  Smiley

Any one any ideas?
I'm sorry, but I can't help you with these problems either. Maybe Tranz can help you, but unfortunately he is not online that often anymore.  Cry
Pages:
Jump to: