Pages:
Author

Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive - page 9. (Read 478618 times)

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550
someone seem to buy HBN to 33 Sat on Frei a few times a week, gee I wonder who that could be

It is hard to get funds on Unamed Exchange - their LTC and BTC are segwit only (I mean that good an all, but does hind deposits)

Just send doge.  Doge and DGB are the best ways usually to send funds to exchanges.  EOS has no withdraw fees on Coinbase.
Activity: 591
Merit: 501
Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow
help me out here

Why would you want to migrate to the ETH network?  The HBN network is solid, fast, and has low tx fees.  The point of HBN was to create a coin that could stake for charity, which still appears novel after 7 years.

If I was going to migrate to a SmartContract type network, which I don't see a reason to do, I wouldn't pick ETH at this moment, unless I was gonna make a ponzi defi coin.  There a plenty of scalable other platforms ATM.

Who is leading this project?

It makes no sense to move from a low fee PoS network that HBN has now to a very high fee PoW network of ETH just to become one of those countless tokens. I can make a smart contract in less than 10 mins and push it into ETH. In fact, anyone with basic copy-paste skills can do the same. So why bother?

Whoever got pussy scared of unlimited HBN supply and dumped his stash on Freiexchange under 30 sats, it's his problem.
Activity: 159
Merit: 11
someone seem to buy HBN to 33 Sat on Frei a few times a week, gee I wonder who that could be

It is hard to get funds on Unamed Exchange - their LTC and BTC are segwit only (I mean that good an all, but does hind deposits)
Activity: 159
Merit: 11
help me out here

Why would you want to migrate to the ETH network?  The HBN network is solid, fast, and has low tx fees.  The point of HBN was to create a coin that could stake for charity, which still appears novel after 7 years.

If I was going to migrate to a SmartContract type network, which I don't see a reason to do, I wouldn't pick ETH at this moment, unless I was gonna make a ponzi defi coin.  There a plenty of scalable other platforms ATM.

Who is leading this project?
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
Spot the folks around pre 2013-14

Classic.... That's not what MAX_MONEY does

Hugely rusty but .....
I think it's only used as a sanity check while building transactions (you can't send more coins than there will ever be)

The reward is way more complex (at least in BTC) where the calculation is done from multiple halvings of the orignial 50 BTC per block.
In a file that does not exist in HBN .. Validation.cpp ---------- getsubsidy or some such function

You'd have to do some digging around in the code for HBN

I'm pretty sure HBN will just stake straight off the end of 120mm and keep going.

DYOR

Thank you for your reference and explanations.
Since HBN apparently has an infinite max supply, sooner or later that will also affect the price.

At this point we will adjust the max supply on the social media profiles,
because we don't want to fool the users who don't read any code.

We will keep the limit of 120 million tokens in the HOBO project.
Soon we will also start our own thread.
Stay tuned.

Don't take my word for it, I'm not the dev, read the code yourself. It's going to require some thinking and a little bit of math.
You are the ones wanting to "further HBN" by instamining a new unrelated token and trying to get people send coins to an (unproven) burn address.

Here's my next question ... please prove to me that the burn address is just that and not just some random address you hold the keys for .....

Stop posting about things you don't understand until you understand it.
Or just leave stuff alone.

Well, all the coins getting burned to the following Address:
EgVWUh8o98knojjwqGKqVGFkQ9m5BDNc9G

If you send any amount to this address you see the output to something like
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/hbn/tx.dws?12139158.htm

"vout": [
      {
         "value": 31.999,
         "n": 0,
         "scriptPubKey": {
            "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
            "hex": "76a914000000000000000000000000000000000000000088ac",

"reqSigs": 1,
            "type": "pubkeyhash",
            "addresses": [
               "EgVWUh8o98knojjwqGKqVGFkQ9m5BDNc9G"
            ]
         }
      }

As you see this values are invalid as the private key can't be calculated from it.
It's simply not possible to calculate something of zero.

Now tell me why this address is a (unproven) burning address?

Great, just want your explanation out in public. People can research for themselves.

I'm more than happy for HBN to actually get burned.

I'd debate the value of proposition for HOBO and whether burning HBN creates value for HOBO or benefits the native chain more. The market can decide that.

IF HBN is infinite, no one has bothered to work it out publicly, You are now in a position where more HBN can be burned than can be redeemed on the HOBO token.

Anyways I guess no one is off to Freiexchange and buying up all the HBN to lever this moon opportunity just yet.

Activity: 109
Merit: 6

Hugely rusty but .....
I think it's only used as a sanity check while building transactions (you can't send more coins than there will ever be)

The reward is way more complex (at least in BTC) where the calculation is done from multiple halvings of the orignial 50 BTC per block.
In a file that does not exist in HBN .. Validation.cpp ---------- getsubsidy or some such function

I'm pretty sure HBN will just stake straight off the end of 120mm and keep going.

DYOR

Since HBN apparently has an infinite max supply, sooner or later that will also affect the price.

Stay tuned.

Don't take my word for it, I'm not the dev, read the code yourself. It's going to require some thinking and a little bit of math.
You are the ones wanting to "further HBN" by instamining a new unrelated token and trying to get people send coins to an (unproven) burn address.

Here's my next question ... please prove to me that the burn address is just that and not just some random address you hold the keys for .....

Well, all the coins getting burned to the following Address:
EgVWUh8o98knojjwqGKqVGFkQ9m5BDNc9G

If you send any amount to this address you see the output to something like
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/hbn/tx.dws?12139158.htm

"vout": [
      {
         "value": 31.999,
         "n": 0,
         "scriptPubKey": {
            "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
            "hex": "76a914000000000000000000000000000000000000000088ac",

"reqSigs": 1,
            "type": "pubkeyhash",
            "addresses": [
               "EgVWUh8o98knojjwqGKqVGFkQ9m5BDNc9G"
            ]
         }
      }

As you see this values are invalid as the private key can't be calculated from it.
It's simply not possible to calculate something of zero.

Now tell me why this address is a (unproven) burning address?

Hugely rusty but .....

DYOR

Stay tuned.

Hugely rusty but .....

DYOR

Stay tuned.

This MAX_MONEY thing doesn't mean a real shit. It's just how many coins may be sent in a single tx. Can put a gazillion there and the wallet will work just fine.

HAHA  .. A man can't even make a cuppa mid rant before someone gets a post in in front of him ......

Hugely rusty but .....

DYOR
This MAX_MONEY thing doesn't mean a real shit. It's just how many coins may be sent in a single tx. Can put a gazillion there and the wallet will work just fine.
Look, in the next few month the HBN project will face a new situation because all 120M coins will be issued with PoS.
At the time writing, the HBN network has 108M coins supply.
Well, what do you think which of the following two scenarios will foremost arrive after 120M coin supply has reached?

WTF are you talking about? HBN has no coin supply limit

Who says that?
In the readme at official Github is it still 120 000 000 max supply
https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels

Can you prove otherwise?

Haha, you made my day. Look at the source code. There is no max supply limit. 20% min yearly interest rate, 250 coins per stake max.

Downloaded from Github and checked the code in the file main.h

Are we talking about the same?   Roll Eyes
Can you please prove otherwise?

Look, in the next few month the HBN project will face a new situation because all 120M coins will be issued with PoS.
Well, what do you think which of the following two scenarios will foremost arrive after 120M coin supply has reached?

Who says that?

Can you prove otherwise?

Haha, you made my day. Look at the source code. There is no max supply limit. 20% min yearly interest rate, 250 coins per stake max.

Who says that?

Google Search

Can you prove otherwise?

@phantom -  we are far away from scamming.
Since over 3 years we've managed almost all social media channels related to HBN to remind the new crypto user that hobonickels is still around.
We are in HBN since 2014, created https://hobomap.info and done other activities to this project. We are still here to care and come in peace..  Wink

HOBO Token Distribution
A total of 120M token were generated with the SmartContract.
Here: https://etherscan.io/address/0x6Ee2AbfBF98D85c7090B5459103334a3638649c4

Our plan: (this will be written to the whitepaper too -> pending)
10% Distributed by PoB 10:1 exchange -> available at https://hobtoken.com
10% Referral system ( get Paid the same HOBO amount that your referred user receives due burning. ) -> available at https://hobotoken.com
5% Exchange (Listing fees & volume feeds, DEX UniSwap etc.)
20% Development (Development of DAPP upon Ethereum Network)
30% Marketing (Airdrops, Bounties, GiveAways, Incentives )
25% Burn Events (Token Burn on smart contract)

Scenario 1
PoS will reach End-Of-Live. At this point only transaction fees will be paid to node operators.
But, how to pay transaction fees when there are rarely transactions done?
The HBN network will die due lack of interest, activities and incentives.
Also none of us will run a node without getting paid for it.

Conclusion to Scenario 1:
None.  It could happen, but it doesn't have to. Any idea? Let's talk..

Scenario 2
Same as scenario 1. But price of HBN will spike, due inflation.
Supply and demand will do their job.

Conclusion to Scenario 2:
HBN has no demand at all. As long as community isn‘t growing there will be no demand.
Community will not grow when there is not an use case or any kind of activities.
If the community want's some activities, who is gonna pay it?

Scenario 3
All of a sudden Tranz is coming back of the hidden and will do active wallet development.
The community will wake activate again and we are all happy for Tranz getting things done.

Conclusion to Scenario 3:
Even if Tranz comes back, he doesn't have the resources for active development because he's a one-man show.
We are seeing crypto projects with active dev team that need staying power to survive.
Out of DOGE coin, they have Elon Musk as their supporter… 

The next questions are:
Would the dev take the effort to develop for next few years until new functions are developed, or just disappears again?
Would there be a roadmap and use case for the project?
Would be there anything that the project would help?

The Scenario 4
We migrate HBN to Ethereum as ERC-20 Token.
The project will not die, because the blockchain will be maintained by Ethereum developers (ETH 2.0).
After the blockchain shift, the project can evolve with a good liquidity for marketing activities (airdrops, exchange listing, bounties, social marketing, incentives etc.) as well as the development of its use case.

Conclusion to Scenario 4:
Maybe there are other ways to do things right.
If you think so, please contact us and come up with your ideas.
We are here, we can discus and implement them with your help.

It‘s tough to survive as project in crypto space without any money to invest.
This is the problem that HBN is facing now.
We have seen lack of interest, lack of activities and lack of money were invested into this project.
We've invested lot of time and private money into marketing activities as well exchange listings to come to this point with HBN were it is.

Let us finish the whitepaper that will explain all this things in detail.
Every help from everyone is highly appreciated.
Thanks

So we burn Blockchain POW/POS coins for a fraction share of  120MM instaprint erc20 tokens

Sounds legit

What the burn address?
And How does a UTXO blockchain not provide the senders address in a reliable way ... Honest question

For burning all coins will be send to this address: EgVWUh8o98knojjwqGKqVGFkQ9m5BDNc9G
Check it here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/hbn/address.dws?EgVWUh8o98knojjwqGKqVGFkQ9m5BDNc9G.htm

How can this shit exchange have over 300k tokens for sale with only 44k coins "burned" at 10:1 rate? Sure if you gonna dump 120 million instaprinted tokens LMAO. Good luck with this scam.
So we burn Blockchain POW/POS coins for a fraction share of  120MM instaprint erc20 tokens

Sounds legit

What the burn address?
And How does a UTXO blockchain not provide the senders address in a reliable way ... Honest question

For burning all coins will be send to this address: EgVWUh8o98knojjwqGKqVGFkQ9m5BDNc9G
Check it here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/hbn/address.dws?EgVWUh8o98knojjwqGKqVGFkQ9m5BDNc9G.htm

Because with the UTXO architecture, the sender cannot be reliably identified only by the sender address.
The sender address is changing with every output transaction. We were looking for a way to make the burn process as easy and anonymous as possible. Because the UTXO transfers cannot identify a clear sender. (which is what this architecture is about) and we want to assign the transaction during the burn process, we are dependent on another variable, the email address.
Maybe somebody who reads this do know a "better" way. We are curious too.  Smiley

But my word of honor: We promise to never sell or share any information regarding this service.

So we burn Blockchain POW/POS coins for a fraction share of  120MM instaprint erc20 tokens

Sounds legit

What the burn address?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

It is a great project! The whole transfer from HBN to HOBO was just completed and i am very glad they are still working on it. It is really cool to see the progress the team is making and i can be part of the whole revolution Tongue.
Stay tuned....more to come for sure.
Pages:
Jump to: