Pages:
Author

Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive - page 6. (Read 478618 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 6

A new unofficial but most recent updated website is live.
http://hobonickels.io

More exiting announcements about ongoing development will follow shortly.

Hi everyone

The community has a new blockexplorer, since we are not on chainz.cryptoid.info anymore.
https://explorer.hobomap.info/

I hope this helps.  Smiley

@Tranz

I red about a limit of 120 million coins. It's over this limit now, but the "Current PoS Yearly Interest" is at 27%. What is wrong with the wallet software? With this longterm inflation the coin is really nonsense, and the investors have been ripped-off. I'm rather sure this is not done by intention, but the algo should be reviewed and changed soon.

I've checked the source code here: https://github.com/Crypto-Expert/HoboNickels/commit/460a9f5ea3ebc3489b97e2c24b333462d93cef01
In the src/main.cpp file inside the GetProofOfStakeRewardV3 function at row 1271 is the following comment:

Code:
// HoboNickels: reward for coin-year is cut in half every 128x multiply of PoS difficulty
// A reasonably continuous curve is used to avoid shock to market
// (bnRewardCoinYearLimit / nRewardCoinYear) ** 5 == bnProofOfStakeLimit / bnTarget
//
// Human readable form:
//
// nRewardCoinYear = 1 / (posdiff ^ 1/5)

This seems to reduce to coin reward in relation to coin years. Unfortunately I could not research the outcome on this.
Maybe someone else has any idea about this behaviour?

Activity: 81
Merit: 5
@Tranz

I red about a limit of 120 million coins. It's over this limit now, but the "Current PoS Yearly Interest" is at 27%. What is wrong with the wallet software? With this longterm inflation the coin is really nonsense, and the investors have been ripped-off. I'm rather sure this is not done by intention, but the algo should be reviewed and changed soon.
dnp
Activity: 401
Merit: 110
i'm trying to build a new node by connecting to another node i control (and only that node.)

however the block download speed is incredibly slow.
it looks like it sends a small burst of data, then waits a few minutes before sending more.

does anyone know if the wallet code contains something that rate-limits peer block downloads?

If you have another node you control, you can just copy the data to the other machine (or folder if it's on the same machine) and put a different wallet in the datadir. No need to do it via networking. Stop the client before copying, as a running client can copy with errors that corrupts the block integrity.

you missed the fine print Smiley
i was building with txindex=1 and had no previously built copy to use
Activity: 627
Merit: 208
Belgian based crypto-enthusiast
Oh wait! This is still going? Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1451
Merit: 1030
i'm trying to build a new node by connecting to another node i control (and only that node.)

it looks like it sends a small burst of data, then waits a few minutes before sending more.

does anyone know if the wallet code contains something that rate-limits peer block downloads?

If you have another node you control, you can just copy the data to the other machine (or folder if it's on the same machine) and put a different wallet in the datadir. No need to do it via networking. Stop the client before copying, as a running client can copy with errors that corrupts the block integrity.

Try this node for syncing: 185.150.190.19

If you are on linux, you can download the blockchain here. (Perhaps it runs on windows, but I don't know)
Code:
ftp://185.150.190.19/chain-hbn.HoboNickels_v2.0.1_date-20-12-27.tgz

The md5 checksum can be found here:
Code:
ftp://185.150.190.19/README

A fully and weekly updated snapshot can be found here:
https://files.hobomap.info/index.php

Feel free to spread the word.
Cheers

dnp
What does txindex=1 do? Should I enable it to help it speed up?

you do not want to do it unless you need it Smiley
it will slightly slow things down (but not what i'm seeing) and use up more disk space.

it allows retrieving transaction detail information via RPC calls if, say, you are building an explorer (or in my case using it as testdata for mods to an explorer.)

if you do enable it, you will have to reindex your entire blockchain too. that could take a long time.

dnp
txindex=1 slows it down. txindex=0 is faster.

i've used txindex=1 on many blockchains, never seen this behavior before. also the slowdown should be incremental not bursty.

legendary
Activity: 1451
Merit: 1030
txindex=1 slows it down. txindex=0 is faster.

thanks,
but i've given it a second source yesterday and it still is only taking dribbles from both of them.
they are all on the same internal network. there is something else going on. it is getting blocks but just
in very small bursts separated by minutes of idleness.

i cant use a copy of the blockfiles or i'd just do that from my other node. i'm building this new node with txindex=1 which is something most people dont have enabled with their blockfiles.

i'll add your node anyway, but i am not hopeful.

What does txindex=1 do? Should I enable it to help it speed up?
dnp

thanks,
but i've given it a second source yesterday and it still is only taking dribbles from both of them.
they are all on the same internal network. there is something else going on. it is getting blocks but just
in very small bursts separated by minutes of idleness.

i cant use a copy of the blockfiles or i'd just do that from my other node. i'm building this new node with txindex=1 which is something most people dont have enabled with their blockfiles.

i'll add your node anyway, but i am not hopeful.

If you are on linux, you can download the blockchain here. (Perhaps it runs on windows, but I don't know)
Code:
ftp://185.150.190.19/chain-hbn.HoboNickels_v2.0.1_date-20-12-27.tgz

The md5 checksum can be found here:
Code:
ftp://185.150.190.19/README
dnp

Activity: 396
Merit: 109
Have some decency you lowlife fucks. Bury the dead shitcoin, you are not making anybody rich here.

Instead you lay your shitcoin bag dump traps for newbs.

i can tell you probably have lost money in altcoins.... little tip.. (and im going to try to be nice which is against my normal M.O. ) just because you cant figure it out doesnt mean other people can't.
i personally have made a lot of coin with altcoins. the trick is... dont pay for them. the only ones that dont lose in crypto are the ones who dont put money in. I work and get paid in crypto..if looking for a job message me and let me know what skills you have besides being toxic.

everybody experienced loss in altcoins. the one who says they don't are lying scumbags, like you. nobody here is unscathed, unless you are a scammer or a hacker.

you paid for them with you work, you just said it.

I already have a job. my job is to shit on people like you, i work for myself and i pay myself. fuck you and shove your tip up your ass.

well if your job is to shit on people like me.. better load up on your fiber cause you are doin a piss poor job of it.my "work" i do for it.. is in my spare time.. and is my hobby... and any smart person will tell you.. that if you get any payment for doing your hobby and what you like doing in your spare time.. is a profit. especially if you dont spend any money on it. so tell me where the loss is.. no cost to me besides my spare time and doing the same thing i was planning on doing.. then getting paid for it... i dont see the loss. do you need a refreshher on addition and subtracting. i also tutor ... if you do

This thread is merited by CoinEraser, a retromingent doofus clad in steel chainmail, a valiant and courteous leader of our people. When will you see him next time? Tell him I wanted to mop a spill of urine with his hair. He know nothing, just parades and shoots bogus broadsides everywhere his feet step, and now he also financially supports you for posting here. What else do two of you have in common besides shattered lives?
Thanks - so to be clear, you don't need to manually shift chunks of them around to a separate wallet address anymore?

You don't need. But after some years the wallet size could become very large, and it might make sense to move them into a new wallet.
Activity: 80
Merit: 0
Thanks - so to be clear, you don't need to manually shift chunks of them around to a separate wallet address anymore?
It's been a while, can someone point me to the directions how to properly stake nowadays? I remember you used to move chunks of a certain # of coins to a separate wallet, but not the specifics... don't want to screw it up.

To get good results in minting, configure these lines in your HoboNickels.conf file:
Code:
splitthreshold=20000
combinethreshold=10000

Since the dev told us about a limit of around 120 million coins, the difficulty should rise massively along the next months.
Pages:
Jump to: