Pages:
Author

Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive - page 2. (Read 478567 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718
Damn, launched in Sept 2013.
Oh yes, this year HBN will be 10 years old. It's a shame that Tranz isn't developing the coin any further.  Sad

I remember seeing it on early exchanges like CoinedUp and Cryptsy but I never bought any.
Argh, Cryptsy! I'm still trying to forget that name. Lost so much through this exchange. I hate that name and that will probably never change.
But yes, HBN was listed there. I think 1 HBN cost there 30,000 sat. Those were the days.  Cheesy

Somebody should tell Elon Musk about this coin.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
Damn, launched in Sept 2013.

I remember seeing it on early exchanges like CoinedUp and Cryptsy but I never bought any.

Somebody should tell Elon Musk about this coin.
legendary
Still about $15 in current DOGE orders at Unnamed. 
I can't recommend unnamed exchange. There are many reports of people not being able to withdraw their coins. Therefore I would not use this exchange. The risk is just too high.  Sad

There is a new buy order for HBN on freiexchange. So I would recommend this exchange for HBN.  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1451
Merit: 1030
looks like it's over
no more buy orders

Not over until the fat blockchain lady sings.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 550
looks like it's over
no more buy orders

Still about $15 in current DOGE orders at Unnamed. 
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
looks like it's over
no more buy orders
Someone bought all the buy orders on freiexchange and most of them on Unnamed.

I hope this coin can keep going.  It's great as it's had a team that have kept it going over the tumultuous last year in crypto.   It would be great to get on another exchange but the two are ok (although unnamed has the wallet offline now, not sure for how long).

95.217.78.170:7372
91.206.16.214:7372
73.121.219.211:7372
92.10.171.217:7372
92.10.171.217:7372

I know it's a mortal sin to earn money in crypto without buying expensive miners, or spending your trust fund money, but the idea of having a wallet earn money by stakes is a great idea for some of us.

Activity: 48
Merit: 10
The good news is that we reached 7 million blocks.

There might be some bad news too. Is the network dying or am I on a losing fork? I only see 4 to 6 peers, and some of my minting transactions are not accepted.

If you're getting more than a handful of peers, can you post some good IP addresses to seed from?

My node is running on an old Windows laptop which sometimes goes offline for updates. Can't do much more to keep the chain alive except post about it. Is it possible to run HBN on Linux?

legendary
Hi
Everyone, that wants to change now from the UTXO blockchain to a multichain (ETH/MATIC) network.
You can convert your HBN to HOBO

Officicial Thread is here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.59154550

Whitepaper Release: very soon

Thanks
This is a good attempt to move the project forward, but i don't think it will do any good. Nevertheless I wish much success with it. I say goodbye to the HBN project. A cool project that unfortunately doesn't develop any further.  Cry Cry
I have closed the german ann thread because unfortunately no one needs it.  Cry Cry
dnp
Activity: 401
Merit: 110
Personally I am not switching into any ERC20 where one person holds all funds

yup. i dont quite understand the fetish for such tokens
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
++
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
Activity: 109
Merit: 6
Hi
Everyone, that wants to change now from the UTXO blockchain to a multichain (ETH/MATIC) network.
You can convert your HBN to HOBO

Officicial Thread is here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.59154550

Whitepaper Release: very soon

Thanks

Everything sync'd fine.  I would like to buy in more around the 6 Sat range.  If I can do that I'll continue to help promote it.   There are not many buy orders for 7 Sat, just about 3850.
It is syncing fine.  There is a couple of lessons here:

1.  The blockchain download is not interchangeable with various wallets (it crashed).  When it syncs with old wallet, I will therefore have to download a completely new blockchain in directory to start using the new wallet (which address I copied and will send to).

2.  It is probably best to keep an early, small copy of your wallet around to sync from than a large one (mine wasn't even that old, I think 2 years).

3.  I'm also thinking maybe a Windows 10 update is what killed my installation.   It had happened before with other wallets, but I complained and was thinking perhaps they fixed something. 

I found a old copy of my wallet that's 88 K, the same size as the new wallet that the QT installs.

I am going to see if I can sync from that instead of the 600 K wallet that I've been using. 
When I did it it went into rescanning and gave a fatal error: could not open wallet.dat

I did have the new wallet renamed in that directory, trying again with removing it. (Same results).

Trying it in old directory that was rescanning with the new node.  

Activity: 109
Merit: 6
Yesterday my wallet stopped syncing and so I restarted it and now its been in rescanning mode for about 16 hours.  Is that normal or should I do something different?  Thanks.

The duration of the rescanning depends on how many transactions the wallet has. That's why I do suggest to move the funds to a new wallet from time to time.
The risk here is that your funds will stop staking until they have matured again for staking.

Do not forget to make a backup of the wallet regularly.

So, I'm still dealing with the wallet issues.  I just managed to sync with a new wallet file.  So, I copied the address of the new wallet and
will boot up the old wallet file in the same installation and see if it comes up so I can send coins from old wallet to the new wallet.

Is there a better way to do this?

I would do it the same way. Give it a try!

Yesterday my wallet stopped syncing and so I restarted it and now its been in rescanning mode for about 16 hours.  Is that normal or should I do something different?  Thanks.

The duration of the rescanning depends on how many transactions the wallet has. That's why I do suggest to move the funds to a new wallet from time to time.
The risk here is that your funds will stop staking until they have matured again for staking.

Do not forget to make a backup of the wallet regularly.

So, I'm still dealing with the wallet issues.  I just managed to sync with a new wallet file.  So, I copied the address of the new wallet and
will boot up the old wallet file in the same installation and see if it comes up so I can send coins from old wallet to the new wallet.

Is there a better way to do this?

Pages:
Jump to: