Pages:
Author

Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive - page 5. (Read 478618 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 6

Just to be clear.
Our motivation is NOT, to make any progress in this project to dump a bag against BTC on a later stage.
If this would be the motivation, we would never take care on several levels in this project since 2017.

We made our money in the early stages of crypto and want give something back that makes fun.
It's also not the claim to develop something that "matters" to the blockchain technology itself.
There are lot of projects, teams and competition doing so out there.

To ask a community to fund for "development" is a way to get the people involved again. It a social tool to drive the community.

In first line for us it's fun to be a part of a small cap project that almost everyone gave up.
With more activity the more attraction, the more drive, the more fun.

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Thanks for the clarification. I was mistaken. Glad to hear that actually since ETH fees are through the roof right now. In any case, HBN doesn't need to follow the ERC20 route. I just honestly like some discussion around the token after what seemed like years of inactivity.

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

I had a thought in regards to the token ratio question previously. DMD is going through a very similar upgrade from old Bitcoin style wallet / staking to an ERC-20 token. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.17100) One of the things they're doing is "lost coins", those being non-claimed after a certain period of time will be forfeit and subsequently repurposed for new staking/burning/fees/whatever else you can think of. I think something like this is a way to allow the old Hobonickels blockchain to exist while the ERC-20 token can eventually separate itself entirely from having to deal with swap overs. I believe a SNAPSHOT would be required for this to work. Just thinking out loud here.

DMD is NOT going to ERC-20 token, it is going to new version that is basically akin to a souped-up ETHereum, but using honeybadger consensus and basing its governance on delegated staking so voting will be far far cheaper than for e.g. ethereum-based DAOs and such.

DMD v4 will support Ethereum contract languages thus anything you run on Ethereum you will be able to run on DMD instead cheaper and (at least until Ethereum gets its sharding or whatever) faster.

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
Shitcoins moving to erc20 tokens means

1) they cannot maintain their shit network

2) hopeless in getting to a decent exchange and even more hopeless getting BTC traded to their shit, therefore will attempt uniswap to scam people out of the next best thing out there which is ETH.

It is fun to watch how these lowlife cunts will go to great lengths just to dump their shit LOL

1. Network is "fine" as in it has been running for the last 10+ years. ERC20 isn't needed, just helps considering there is no development team currently working on HBN features + wallet.
2. Hm?

Who are the lowlife cunts you speak of? Are you invested in HBN, would you like to assist in development? I'd be happy to provide a donation to help further development if you're that type of person. Any help is appreciated my man

Keep pretending about 'fine' and 'just helps' ?? Helps to dump? LOL

Keep pretending you don't know what i'm talking about..jeez you can't even count...10 years? hoohoo

Talking about development?assist?donation? as if your shitcoin still matters? LOL

A cat has more decency than you, it can bury its own shit.

Yikes man looks like all you do is complain by your post history. Take a break from this shit.

dude. this is my break  Cheesy

That user is currently ignored.

What some people won't do to fill their bags with HBN and get those stakes that they can sell for Bitcoin.

dump!! yeah.. see.. agreed  Wink

newbs..you have been warned.

would you like to assist in development? I'd be happy to provide a donation to help further development

DeVeLoPmEnT

come to think of it...while some erc20 tokens are going to their own main net...this one is going from main net to erc20 token LOLOLOL  Grin

2) hopeless in getting to a decent exchange and even more hopeless getting BTC traded to their shit, therefore will attempt uniswap to scam people out of the next best thing out there which is ETH.

It is fun to watch how these lowlife cunts will go to great lengths just to dump their shit LOL

1. Network is "fine" as in it has been running for the last 10+ years. ERC20 isn't needed, just helps considering there is no development team currently working on HBN features + wallet.
2. Hm?

Who are the lowlife cunts you speak of? Are you invested in HBN, would you like to assist in development? I'd be happy to provide a donation to help further development if you're that type of person. Any help is appreciated my man

Keep pretending you don't know what i'm talking about..jeez you can't even count...10 years? hoohoo

Talking about development?assist?donation? as if your shitcoin still matters? LOL

Yikes man looks like all you do is complain by your post history. Take a break from this shit.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 550
That user is currently ignored.

What some people won't do to fill their bags with HBN and get those stakes that they can sell for Bitcoin.

legendary

2. Hm?

2. Hm?

legendary

Litewallet would be very welcomed. Anyone new trying to use the legacy style Bitcoin wallets are going to hate having to bootstrap the blockchain from scratch. Nice to see some development there.

I see your point on the rebranding and it is a valid argument against. Sticking to usage via NFTs and Smart Contracts is likely the way to build organic growth.

Again, if any assistance is needed with wording, UI/UX, branding, marketing, etc. let me know. I would be happy to assist where possible.

Lastly, are you (your team) responsible for hobotoken.com and hobonickels.io? If I see text/grammar errors or have suggestions should I just DM you?

Thanks for your reply @poke
Yes, we are responsible for these website/service and every help is welcome.
Please DM me on twitter @HoboNickels_HBN if possible. We are also observing Discord requests: https://discord.gg/e2JWNJT
We looking forward to you.  Smiley

Looking forward as well.

I had a thought in regards to the token ratio question previously. DMD is going through a very similar upgrade from old Bitcoin style wallet / staking to an ERC-20 token. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.17100) One of the things they're doing is "lost coins", those being non-claimed after a certain period of time will be forfeit and subsequently repurposed for new staking/burning/fees/whatever else you can think of. I think something like this is a way to allow the old Hobonickels blockchain to exist while the ERC-20 token can eventually separate itself entirely from having to deal with swap overs. I believe a SNAPSHOT would be required for this to work. Just thinking out loud here.

Yes, we have been observing DMD and other projects doing this snapshot procedure. This seems to be a legit way to let the existing old chain as it is.
We guess it would be a good a perfect way to fire up a new project by forking from HBN and make a rebrand of it.
With it the HBN would be unaffected and some OG's could profit from issuing thw 1:1 amount on the new chain.

The uncertainty that Tranz will show up one day to make any development progress on the core wallet still exists. We as well the  community would appreciate a comeback. Our intention is in first line to strengthen the HBN project in a way. With a complete fork to Ethereum or another chain it will not be sure if the project becomes more attractive. Also we guess the newbies would become confused about the coexistence of the both chains.

We focus now to finish litewallet for HBN. Every further development we are open from the inputs of the community.

@poke@ please contact us, so we can discus your skills and ideas.

Litewallet would be very welcomed. Anyone new trying to use the legacy style Bitcoin wallets are going to hate having to bootstrap the blockchain from scratch. Nice to see some development there.

I see your point on the rebranding and it is a valid argument against. Sticking to usage via NFTs and Smart Contracts is likely the way to build organic growth.

Again, if any assistance is needed with wording, UI/UX, branding, marketing, etc. let me know. I would be happy to assist where possible.

Lastly, are you (your team) responsible for hobotoken.com and hobonickels.io? If I see text/grammar errors or have suggestions should I just DM you?

Please DM me on twitter @HoboNickels_HBN if possible. We are also observing Discord requests: https://discord.gg/e2JWNJT

Looking forward as well.

I assume the litewallet is for the ERC-20 tokens?

The litewallet in development will be for original HoboNickels HBN  Cheesy
Since the current wallet takes long for syncing, we tought a litewallet would help to get new people onboard.
For the erc-20 tokens there are enough handy wallets out there (metamask, ledger etc.)

The closed beta test is running already, interested people can register here: https://hobonickels.io
and have the chance to win $5000 as announced on twitter: https://twitter.com/HoboNickels_HBN

We created this .io website few days ago, since hobonickels.info is outdated and the ssl cert invalid...

ERC-20 is rough at the moment with fees so hoping this is placed low priority. I was thinking there needed to be some improvements to the protocol and swapping to one with actual use might be the play. I am not 100% onboard with the 10:1 burn however with the cap still being 120 million. Hoping you have a clearly laid out plan for the tokenomics and rollout of the entire amount. Similar to how something like crowny.io has put together for their release. A nice pie chart showing the emission schedule / allocation.

The ratio 10:1 was selected for the burn process for starting the erc-20. Well, the finalization of the ratio is not final. We'll likely increase that ratio to 1:1 in the near future. The 10:1 ratio that has already been burned will be credited to the users. But it still has to be worked out in order to be shown in a nice circle chart at the end.

Yes, we agree that ETH is currently struggling with the gas price for erc-20 transactions. We look forward to the EIP-1559 upgrades and are also testing Layer 2 solutions such as OMG network. Another candidate is THETA, which we are keeping an eye on. Maybe we can combine the best of both worlds!

In any case, all comments are welcome. We don't want to do something alone here.
The HBN community should actively participate in shaping the future of HoboNickels.

PS. A rebrand when all of the technology changes have been made might be wise. Hobo / HoboToken / HoboCoin don't exactly illicit positive thoughts for me. Does it mean something special to everyone?

A rebranding is always risky when there is almost no one who wants to take care of it. It can lead to the final death of the project if people fail to see the rebranding in public.
Even if there are no developments, it's a shame for a rebrand.

To be honest, at the beginning I didn't know what hobonickel was. After doing some research I can say that the name is perfect for getting into NFT's.
HoboNickels are rare coins that are created as unique pieces by artists. (DYOR)

With SmartContracts and NFT we would have the opportunity to draw interest to HoboNickels as a project and increase demand.
What do you think? Who is taking part?

What is this exactly?

https://hobotoken.com

And then the burn address? Are you planning on converting this into an ERC-20 token? This has been a burn address for almost a year at this point, is it still valid?

Hobo is an erc-20 token and hobotoken.com offers to burn HBN to get HOBO in exchange at 10: 1 ratio. Yes, its still valid.
We still have exciting plans to develop on this and will come up soon with news.

But, the next step by now will be the HoboNickels litewallet to be release. This should help newbies get on the train more easily.
Stay tuned for more news soon.

Great that sounds good to me.

I assume the litewallet is for the ERC-20 tokens? I sent 100 HBN to the burn address to test it out. ERC-20 is rough at the moment with fees so hoping this is placed low priority. I was thinking there needed to be some improvements to the protocol and swapping to one with actual use might be the play. I am not 100% onboard with the 10:1 burn however with the cap still being 120 million. Hoping you have a clearly laid out plan for the tokenomics and rollout of the entire amount. Similar to how something like crowny.io has put together for their release. A nice pie chart showing the emission schedule / allocation.

If you need any help please let me know. I have been a long time holder and staker of this coin. It has always been a fun little side project that I hoped one day would have a use case. If I am not mistaken Tranz always wanted it to be for donations? however as long as the coin has a low cost to send that can be a byproduct. I could see TX fees being burned/donated as well. Having a DeFi and liquidity purpose would also help boost adoption/use.

Anyways, good luck! Keep us informed of your updates please.

PS. A rebrand when all of the technology changes have been made might be wise. Hobo / HoboToken / HoboCoin don't exactly illicit positive thoughts for me. Does it mean something special to everyone?
What is this exactly?

And then the burn address? Are you planning on converting this into an ERC-20 token? This has been a burn address for almost a year at this point, is it still valid?

Hobo is an erc-20 token and hobotoken.com offers to burn HBN to get HOBO in exchange at 10: 1 ratio. Yes, its still valid.
We still have exciting plans to develop on this and will come up soon with news.

But, the next step by now will be the HoboNickels litewallet to be release. This should help newbies get on the train more easily.
Stay tuned for more news soon.

What is this exactly?

I just asked Frieexchange about the wallet there, and got:

It's painful to sync.

We are currently at block 3219751, it goes slow as you see, the other time you asked we where at block 2.5 million or something.

(this was one week ago)

If somebody has a bootstrap or something, please let me know, i am willing to try anything to get it faster in sync.

We create the automated snapshot every week here:
https://files.hobomap.info/ and here https://files.hobomap.info/hbn-snapshot.zip
Activity: 81
Merit: 5

It's painful to sync.

We are currently at block 3219751, it goes slow as you see, the other time you asked we where at block 2.5 million or something.

(this was one week ago)

If somebody has a bootstrap or something, please let me know, i am willing to try anything to get it faster in sync.

Try this blockchain from 18. of April:

Code:
ftp://185.150.190.19/chain-hbn.HoboNickels_v2.0.1_d21-04-18.tgz
Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

It's painful to sync.

(this was one week ago)

Pages:
Jump to: