Pages:
Author

Topic: Hold or sell and buy back lower - page 8. (Read 1831 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
May 12, 2018, 12:11:39 AM
Regarding hold, sell and buy back about bitcoin it depends how our attitude and actions in the movement bitcoin . Just remember it, we as the bitcoiners who can learn it. It's good we discuss with fellow bitcoiner to determine the latest developments in terms of selling price , the purchase price or hold it is the decision and the conclusion of each bitcoiners user.
Activity: 109
Merit: 1
HPQ.IO - #1 Industrial ICO in Asia '2018
May 12, 2018, 12:05:05 AM
Yes, indeed the strategy of holding the coin is done when the value of coin prices is down.
On the contrary, if the coin market price of the coin has risen, then immediately to sell it before the price goes down again.
Because in the Cryptocurrency marketplace every coin price can go up and down in a fast time then you have to read the market conditions.
Activity: 486
Merit: 100
May 11, 2018, 07:31:29 PM
At the moment, when the exchange rate drops, the advice is that you should not sell but have to continue to hold until the market rebounds again. The rationale for selling is probably 3 days ago when the exchange rate of the whole market was on the upward trend. So you should calm down and continue to hold because the exchange rate will increase again, then you should sell and continue to buy to invest will be better.
Activity: 196
May 11, 2018, 06:58:30 PM
Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?

It depends on your capability and  strategy for hodling it is best that you add yo your hodling if you have money to spare nad the prices in the market is low, however most of us cannot do it due to lack of funds. I would highly suggest to you to take a strategy that can do with the resources that you have just be patient and it will pay off.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Market Integration Platform
May 11, 2018, 06:32:28 PM
Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?

Both options are very good. To sell and buy cheaper is good, because the funds for investment become free + capital is increasing. But there is always a risk that the coin goes further up, and you have already sold it.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
May 11, 2018, 05:24:05 PM
I guess it depends  more on your skills. If you are good in trading, than it is better to risk and sell your coins, if not...well holding strategy almost never disspoints me =) So for me it is easier to hold coins for some time.
Activity: 47
May 11, 2018, 05:16:15 PM
I bought some alt coins when they were "crashed" to very cheap price line, that was a gift I think.
That looks so sad bro.But next time if you have planned to buy altcoins maybe you will choose a potential altcoin and observed the volatile movement if it is in demand.

I saw the BCH is quite volatile at the moment. Is that a sign that it is in demand?
copper member
Activity: 409
Merit: 1
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
May 06, 2018, 12:47:24 PM

Hold and sell can be used as an option. Hold when the price is falling and when the price improves and rises higher is the right time to sell.
Activity: 124
Merit: 4
May 03, 2018, 10:31:00 PM
Holding or selling depends on what the price is, and if it's right I'll sell it. And when it goes down I buy it back, and I go back and forth.
Activity: 215
May 03, 2018, 09:41:53 PM
It's really a good idea to sell low and buy low, but how can you make sure that you buy it at the lowest point, and there's a problem that you can't ignore, and how do you calculate the fees?
Activity: 406
May 03, 2018, 09:26:31 PM
Better to hold the coins you have, and now buy more good coins, while the price is cheap. You can keep it in the long run to get bigger profits. Wait for the right time you sell your coins. But I suggest, do not ever sell out the coins you have. Always leave some of your coins, for your future investment assets.
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
VIMee - Social Network
May 03, 2018, 08:50:38 PM
It depends on traders knowledge. I think that newbies should hold because there are many speculations in crypto and they can easily make mistakes. However, sell and buy back lower is more profitable but riskier.

Exactly, every one plan differently but you have given some good positive thought about the market, most of the people fail to buy when the price is falling. Trading is rosky and people should understand the risk and move according to the market circumstances.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
May 03, 2018, 07:52:38 PM

In my opinion holding is overrated you have to actively manage your investments, crypto is highly volatile. I'd say that in a bullmarket holding is just fine but not in a bear market. I sold everything off before shit hit the fan and I'm hearing stories everywhere of decimated portfolio's that are -70% or more. Unless you're willing to sit trough a bear market which can take years holding will work for you but if you care a little more about your investemnts and aren't sure if they will come out right then you're better of actively managing them. Having some more in-depth market knowledge sure can help.
It's exactly as you said, holding is only as good as a trader is able to baby sit it and it actually take some guts watching helplessly as one's portfolio nose dives. I personally would not stand for that because the trader in me knows that the market has a mind of its own and it's always safer to follow the dictates of the market than to be the one thinking for the market. Forget trading and especially  this approach, if you cannot as much as tell when a market reversal is brewing.
Activity: 644
Merit: 504
May 03, 2018, 07:41:34 PM
It depends on traders knowledge. I think that newbies should hold because there are many speculations in crypto and they can easily make mistakes. However, sell and buy back lower is more profitable but riskier.
Activity: 420
May 03, 2018, 06:32:48 PM
Actually the second variant is more profitable yet it's extremely risky and require big knowledge and experience both in holding and trading.
Activity: 574
May 03, 2018, 06:26:26 PM
The main thing is the situation when you don't know when to sell and you're really thinking about that it wouldn't fall down
And in one day it would go far away from the desirable point
And that would be mistake
Try to sell not all of your coins
Try to amke some orders for sell but don't sell all of them
In both ways sowhere you will win, somewhere not
It's better then put all into one way and loose or win in all in
Devide your decision
Activity: 265
May 03, 2018, 05:03:09 PM
I think when the graphics altcoin is down the better option is to sell it and buy it again when the altcoin price is down,. while the hold when the altcoin price charts go up.
Activity: 115
April 30, 2018, 02:57:47 PM
I prefer a long-term investment strategy.
It may be more profitable to sell altcoins, and then buy at the fall, but I'm afraid not to catch the return train and then I will have to buy  more expensive than I sold.
Activity: 294
April 30, 2018, 01:19:25 PM
Before defining and creating a strategy, the reference should be used graphically. Holding the coins is currently the most appropriate strategy and the best decision to make. By holding back, it means you have protected and saved your own money not to washed away due to the decline in market prices. Hold it for longer, then sell it if you feel you have enough of your capital back and already benefit. In addition, you can also take advantage of this situation to buy, then hold it along with your other coins.
Activity: 231
Presale is live!
April 30, 2018, 12:58:08 PM
What if you can't buy back lower and actually you sold at the dip? I don't want to think that possibility but if I sell at dip and see Bitcoin to rise 100k USD I would be very mad. When I have no clue about where to go I hodl my coins. It's better to wait longer than to lose the chance of your life.
Agree! Those who waits will eventually win in the end not unless if you bought a coin that is obviously a shitcoin. But with bitcoin we know that it will go up so better wait for it to come than to sell on lose.
Pages:
Jump to: