Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding is bullshit? - page 86. (Read 7581 times)

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
March 12, 2018, 10:58:55 AM
You hold really bad coins, so what do you want? You need to invest in a good coins like btc/eth and you will see, if you hold it, you will earn well.
Activity: 182
Merit: 18
March 12, 2018, 10:55:15 AM
I mean this is the same for holding stocks as well. If you had a bad stock for many years, there’s no guarantee that the price will increase. In fact, the company might go bankrupt and your stocks might not worth anything. Similarly, if you invested in bad coins and tokens, you are not going to get much in return even if you hold it. This is why I prefer high dividend coins or tokens. They provide steady income even if they don’t somehow reach the moon. For example, that’s why I hold NEO and TAAS.
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
March 12, 2018, 10:54:53 AM
I don’t think so. For me it’s a great platform for making profit without any risk. As a secondary source of income, Bitcoin holding is a safe and sound system because it doesn’t require any additional time or energy. Just wait for a big price and take a right click in right time...that’s the easiest way for holding Bitcoin as long as you can carry out..
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
March 12, 2018, 10:50:37 AM
It seems to me that holding is the most wonderful thing that is in the crypto currency, because it is the holding that works to raise the price of the project and it is the holding that works psychologically.
Like what many have said, it will be depend on what coins you are holding, look what did OP experienced, he didn't get any profits after holding those coins, but you are correct if you find precious projects with a good developers behind then you are going to earn a lot, eth, stratis, neo , xrp are some of those coins where the value really increase last year, people who hold this coins after it was introduce really gain big profits, just study first before investing and for sure you will enjoy after.
Activity: 714
Merit: 16
March 12, 2018, 10:43:58 AM
The name of this altcoins in itself looks dump. I won't call this advise but I will say you don't quit holding altcoins because of this happening but in the future if you want to hold any coin you just try to do your research well and hold. If you want to go for altcoin why can you look into ethereum.
Activity: 108
Merit: 0
March 12, 2018, 10:43:17 AM
There are cryptos that are worth holding and there are shitcoins that need to be dispose at once. Doing the research before you get yourself to buying altcoins should be done first to avoid buying shitcoins.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund
March 12, 2018, 10:42:36 AM
I hold 3 coins espers-(3 years),insane-(2 years),html - (5 years) Shocked and price is the same....no moon ....I dont trust to holding anymore,any suggestions?
That was quite to long buddy . Why didn't you just hold BTC ? I am pretty sure you gain money for holding it for so long . I am also not familiar with those token/coins that you mentioned . There are a lot of crypto that can hold for a long time and became very profitable .

There's nothing wrong on holding altcoins for too long but for me, to be able to earn higher return of investments, I would rather invest into a million supply coins because they have higher chance to pump.
The demand would then higher and while the supply remains lower so that's the main issue for billion supply coins, they aren't pumping really high enough.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Rangers Protocol
March 12, 2018, 10:42:27 AM
No. What the matter is all about accepting the fact that crypto is too risky that needed to notice by everyone every time we do investment or trading or whatever. If we did not success then let us move on to another step. To let the loses be regaine once again in our next move. Be better and take care.
Activity: 224
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund
March 12, 2018, 10:40:40 AM
I hold 3 coins espers-(3 years),insane-(2 years),html - (5 years) Shocked and price is the same....no moon ....I dont trust to holding anymore,any suggestions?

Those coins you are mentioned are billion coin supply so the price value would be lying on the ground for a long time.
Holding that coins couldn't offer you good and brighter future so if you could spend time on research and try to find the better altcoins that were being newly listed on coinmarketcap.com then you'll find more promising new Altcoins that will soon and has the potential to be the next top altcoins.
Choose a million supply coins that is being valued lower than a buck because they will soon pump and you'll get good returns of your investments.
Activity: 938
Merit: 102
March 12, 2018, 10:38:45 AM

That was quite to long buddy . Why didn't you just hold BTC ? I am pretty sure you gain money for holding it for so long . I am also not familiar with those token/coins that you mentioned . There are a lot of crypto that can hold for a long time and became very profitable .
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
March 12, 2018, 10:37:32 AM
Holding a coin is not bad if you chose the right coin to hold. You must choose the coin has a potential and the stability is strong to be able to make a positive result. Remember,you are the one to decide which coin you are holding so must be patient at all times for you to get a good outcome.That is only my opinion.
QFT
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
March 12, 2018, 10:33:32 AM
It seems to me that holding is the most wonderful thing that is in the crypto currency, because it is the holding that works to raise the price of the project and it is the holding that works psychologically.

I am a holder but when you see these guys dump their coins and buy back cheaper time after time you can start to feel stupid.
Activity: 602
March 12, 2018, 10:32:10 AM
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
March 12, 2018, 10:29:55 AM

HOLD also need to be able to get a lot of X
Activity: 1190
Merit: 111
March 12, 2018, 10:28:58 AM

Holding coins are not just a lucky picking, better study the coin you will hold for a long time.
Different coins have their different value and future and there are coins for day trade and for a long time.
you are telling us that holding coins for a long years isa bullshit while we can say to you that you hold bullshit.
If you chose to hold NEO or ETHEREUM i think you are now on the other side,
If you choose BITCOIN to stay with you, then you are now in good hands, so who is bullshit?
holding? or holder?
Activity: 252
Merit: 102
March 12, 2018, 10:27:35 AM
Holding depends on the kind of coins you are holding, whats their project plan? and do they have growth potential overtime? if you hold coins with little market use then chances are that you will gain little from them. chose your coins wisely.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
March 12, 2018, 10:25:44 AM
Holding is bullshit if you just hold and never sell your coin hoping for moon everytime. You have to know when to sell your coin and when to hold it, the last December is a good example for a good time to sell, even if you don't want to sell all of them, sell 50 or 25% of your stash to recover your initial investment and keep the rest for moon.  You also have to hold a great coin, not shitcoin with no future.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET
March 12, 2018, 10:21:29 AM
If we invest long-term coins, we need to have a good project and vision. Also, should I have a better place on the market? Otherwise, we will have to wait a long time and lose profit. I recommended of the following Coins:

Ark
ETC
AMLT
ABT
ETH
XRP
Activity: 840
March 12, 2018, 10:20:46 AM

Holding is a profitable method here in the cryptocurrency world. But it doesn't mean you are going to get that profit 100%. All you have to do is to invest in the right coins. In your case, I think your coins aren't very good to become profitable. Because honestly, in 5 years you can become a millionaire if you just invest in the right coins.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
March 12, 2018, 10:15:05 AM
This is depend on the fundamental of the coin, but hard to find good coin that massive potential because too many number of coins.

Definitely agree, lots of coins emerged from right to left which makes things confusing. No matter how unique the project was, they all meet the same fate in the end. Thus, ending up in a fail project.

Holding can bring sometimes even the larger profit than trading. everything depends on the choice you do. If initially, you invested in the coins that have no future, why should you wait for any benefits, man?

With the current market performance of cryptocurrencies, it's really hard to predict which coin is good for long term investment a.k.a "HODL" or holding. It's true that the profit it brings is really good. But, how good is your patience? Its more of a risk to let your investment sleep rather than gaining somewhere else.

Also, I believe that the OP studied carefully the coins he invested in and that's the reason why his reaction was like that. Every investor believes to a project where he put all his money on the line. It is already given that he'll expect something in return.
Pages:
Jump to: