Pages:
Author

Topic: How did you first hear about bitcoin? - page 58. (Read 104332 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
December 11, 2017, 08:50:34 AM
2012 on ArsTechnica, though I have to say I didn't really understand it. A year later Rick Falkvinge started tweeting about it and I took the time to learn about it some, and bought in.
Activity: 28
December 11, 2017, 08:49:58 AM
2011 from a podcast. Downloaded the client but couldn't figure out what it was doing (other than slowing my computer to a crawl) so I kinda forgot about it. I think it was $5.
Next time I heard about it, it had hit $266 after the Cyprus bail-in and I was like what the actual FUCK. Bought in around $70, am hodling.
December 11, 2017, 08:49:42 AM
Either 2009 or 2010 on either the Overcoming Bias or Less Wrong discussion threads. I knew immediately that it was important and I should invest, although I gave it only a few percentage points chance of catching on. I had the opportunity to purchase 2000 BTC for $20 total (1 cent / each) and I was planning to do so, but I got busy and didn't get the Bitcoin software downloaded, public key generated and letter sent off.
After that I figured it was too expensive to buy in, but I finally did in the fall of 2015 because it was clear to me that our present financial system is not sustainable due to debt overload. Shortly after buying in, I discovered the madness of the block size limit, which gradually let me in January 2016 to begin converting some of my BTC to ETH.
December 11, 2017, 08:49:23 AM
I admit that the first time I heard about bitcoin was in March 2013.
I knew some basic economics and basic computer science. I believe that there is only three concepts that you need to know that makes bitcoin interesting:
You can't have a currency that uses something that is not rare.
Computers are very good at copying things.
If no one is in direct control of something then everyone using it is in control of it.
I recognised these things and was fascinated, immediately and began mining. I'm not saying I understood everything about it, it took me a good 2 months to actually understand how it worked. In this time I would constantly referred back to the white paper and try to make sense of it.
I am very invested in the success of bitcoin now and it scares me... maybe beyond want I am willing to accept.
December 11, 2017, 08:48:51 AM
From colleague at a dinner party, probably in 2011, possibly 2010. Then forgot about it until I heard about it from another colleague early 2013.
Activity: 798
Merit: 505
December 11, 2017, 08:35:26 AM
it was mentioned in a very popular talkshow here. that's when i got interested in bitcoin. it was a tech dude explaining what it was and why it may be a very important alternative to banks.

Thats cool, i havent yet hear any talkshow or any thing about bitcoin with the national tv its just ads all over the internet and also those close friend that they introduce bitcoin. Cool ever since the bitcoin is really famous and now it is most famous, i already heard it in news and other documentaries. Though are still some of the documentaries that saying that bitcoin is a scam, though bitcoin is not scam by it self but they person behind those ponzi and hyip.

Since now we could almost saw the bitcoin from national television we could say that it could derive a lot of people on knowing bitcoin that could lead to a higher price.
Activity: 300
Merit: 108
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
December 11, 2017, 07:54:12 AM
I first got to know bitcoin 2 years ago by my parents. but I started working on bitcoin in the last few months when my friend introduced bitcointalk to me
Activity: 13
December 11, 2017, 05:14:19 AM
First I saw something in the news that didn't caught my attention, now I saw in a baazar the " Bitcoin accepted here " sticker and ended up here after a talk with the owner.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
December 11, 2017, 05:13:22 AM
Are you a bitcoin fan?
Do you spend a lot of time on bitcoin? Reading news, trading, or even writing your own analysis.
But how did you first hear about bitcoin?
Is it some articles you read about? Or just from a friend who has traded bitcoin for a long time?

Share your experience with us. Grin
i heard it i my aunt  she offered me because he knew it would help my family and to my study pattern i want to keep my family for me so i thank God because he gave it to me for my family i would do anything to building our house and fulfilled everything i want in life
Activity: 140
December 11, 2017, 04:31:07 AM
Are you a bitcoin fan?
Do you spend a lot of time on bitcoin? Reading news, trading, or even writing your own analysis.
Is it some articles you read about? Or just from a friend who has traded bitcoin for a long time?

Google ads. I just wanted to try, see what's going on. Tongue
Activity: 191
December 11, 2017, 04:30:36 AM
first when i heard bitcoin is my cousin that he wants me to be happy to be happy because i have a bitcoin online income so join me.
Activity: 896
Merit: 108
December 11, 2017, 04:20:44 AM
first time i know bitcoin from internet, in one big forum. then my friend also told me. from where I started to find out and learn about bitcoin. at first I thought bitcoin was just the latest fraud mode. but I was wrong. bitcoin develops quite well and the price is getting fantastic.
Activity: 429
December 11, 2017, 04:09:35 AM
I hear it from my friends and they convice me here to earn a money without no money.
Activity: 133
Blockchain with solar energy
December 11, 2017, 04:05:04 AM
I actually first heard it from my classmates who were talking about deepweb, it seems to be a basic mode of payment there since it is a good source of shady and illegal business and services. But I got more curious about deep web than bitcoin at that time  then eventually the idea of bitcoin just disappeared until it was introduced to me 2 months ago by my brother.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
December 11, 2017, 03:51:05 AM
For the first time I heard about bitcoin in 2015, the first bitcoin I earned in 2016, but I learned from social networks. For bitcoin is the future.

I have heard about bitcoin in 2014 first time and I started at the end of 2016. My close friends were investing bitcoin and other cryto currencies. They all made a lot of money. I'm trying to catch them now.
Activity: 154
December 11, 2017, 03:43:52 AM
For the first time I heard about bitcoin in 2015, the first bitcoin I earned in 2016, but I learned from social networks. For bitcoin is the future.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
December 11, 2017, 03:41:17 AM
In the First time I heard a lot about bitcoin from  friend of mine . Then I am Interested to Joining  The Bitcoin family. Finally I am join Here

I have also heard from a good friend. At that time unfortunately I didn't enter and now I'm here. Do I regret? no. Because at that time I didn't have any penny to invest.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
December 11, 2017, 03:39:55 AM
It was introduced by my co worker, first i set aside about bitcoin. I only started posting in bitcoin this year and reading about some articles about bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

I actually know a bit about bitcoin in one of the facebook group. They keep posting about bitcoin faucets link. I tried it for 2 two weeks, until I realized to stop coz I'm not actually earning. I earn nothing and I'm just wasting my time. But, just this year, I guess 4 months ago, my live in partner told me about bitcoin. His co worker introduced him about bitcoin and introduced this forum also. His workmate was earning $200 per week. So he got interested and he told me everything about bitcoin. Now, were both earning bitcoin per week. Were very much thankful that his workmate introduced bitcoin to him.
Activity: 197
Hello Bitcoiner
December 11, 2017, 03:24:28 AM
from one of my friend first i know about bitcoin.he is my best friend.he is a crypto trader
Activity: 67
December 11, 2017, 03:21:57 AM
Are you a bitcoin fan?

I first heard from one of my friends. I didn't buy at that time (full of regrets) Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: