Pages:
Author

Topic: How do we get the women on board? - page 4. (Read 38370 times)

Activity: 413
Merit: 10
● KEEP CALM & HODL ●
October 09, 2018, 06:41:17 PM
I notice on the contrary a lot of women will join crypto and it's very good.The more users of cryptocurrency the better.Many women know about bounty and are also very active in promoting products.

This has happened for some women who are interested in the crypto world and it is true that more and more people playing in the crypto world will get better for the future.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
October 09, 2018, 06:17:45 PM
Girls simply think that cryptos are something for nerds. But as a girl I can tell that cryptos can be very good opportunity for part time job being at home, taking care of children, husband and home; just like I do in the current moment.

So you can be said of a woman who does this in your home. it becomes one of the ways for women who have a family to fill their daily lives.
Activity: 785
Merit: 34
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
October 09, 2018, 06:07:03 PM
It is my belief that the majority of bitcoin users are males. Females, please prove me wrong through the poll.

Moving on, assuming that my belief is correct, the question is how we get them on board?

Let my first state that I think there is a difference in what would attract men and women to bitcoin. Men are more attracted to the avante garde aspect and the technological aspect, while women are more concerned with which technology works best for them now.
They want shinies, they want fast transfers, they might won over by ideology, but probably not the ideology of libertarianism. They want to use the system that their favorite site uses, and they want to use the system their friends use. This by the way probably describes how mainstream males think too.

Shinies:

Lets face it. Bitcoin, in its current state, is not shiny. To make a metaphor, it looks like a very advanced piece of technology with wires going everywhere. Contrast this with the "Apple look".
100 private keys is probably NOT the way to go. It is complicated, and ugly (it could be an option but not standard(
Proposal: One private key should be standard. It should not be in hex, bas64, or anything else ugly. One thing that could work would be a sort of dictionary encoding, where every 20 bits or whatever is mapped to a word. The word in the dictionary would have to be carefully selected to be positive, or at least neutral. If this is chosen, there should be a "generate new address", so that people could click until they found one they were satisfied with.
The websites used with bitcoins are not pretty either (exchanges+this site). Contrast for instance with this:
http://www.westernunion.se/web-inf/images/yes/heroAreaCanIAlone013009.swf (western union)
this is what the sites should have to attract women, I believe.
Proposal: Find a professional designer that takes a look at the bitcoin client. Preferably one who knows nothing at all about the technology behind. Hide the details of implementation, remember how Object Orientation works Wink

Fast transfers:

Bitcoins are a lot faster than banktransfers, but they can absolutely not compete with visa/mastercard/paypal in terms of speed. This IS a serious problem.
I think the advice given to businesses should be that they should accept transfers directly, or after one confirmation. If there is a reversal accept that as a fact of life. For sites with few but large sales, this may not be the way to go, but for transactions under 10 bitcoin this should def. be the standard. An alternative would be to pay instantly via for instance MtGox, but that would centralize the system, which I believe we don't want.

Ideology:

Cypher punk is cool, but does not have mainstream appeal, especially among women. We should tone that aspect down, no one cares about it. Thought should be given to whether a more appealing ideology could be retrofitted so to speak.
Suggestion: "Your local business is struggling to survive under the death grip of credit card fees. (Pic of small local store. Beautiful female clerk, with lots of styling looks sad, hopeless). But there is a cheaper alternative. Use bitcoin, support your local stores. (Clerk smiling)."
This might be construed as too patriotic for some. Too balance it we should emphasize how easy it is to donate to overseas charities, and buy from overseas stores.

Favorite sites:

This is a hard one obviously. We should try to push existing sites to use bitcoins as much as possible (details about doing this are abundant in other threads of course).
We should also try to new stores accepting bit coins to speed up the process. One thing that has been forgotten though, is the focus on stores selling items for women.

Friends:

Site should have a like button. Encourage users to blog/tweet/comment whenever they use bitcoins for a transaction.

I love the question here, actually I have few ladies have known who are into Cryptocurrency, some in Bounties hunting and some in trading of bitcoin as a whole, Getting to the point of understanding blockchain I don't think is that simple in the side of women to the side of men, it will really take time and women don't like to stress for Money.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
October 09, 2018, 05:04:17 PM
I'm a man, and some of these responses are mind-blowing.

It's 2018.
Activity: 322
October 09, 2018, 03:59:28 PM
I think just few women are into cryptocurrency though I have a number of them around me that are even pro in crypto. But i think there should be a sort of organized orientation and views of individuals in crypto to women just as in politics, we have few of them there. Though things are changing gradually, just what we want in crypto also.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 09, 2018, 07:16:09 AM
Most women will not choose to use bitcoins in its current stage. First of all, it's too technical for their nonsensical minds. Secondly, they can't max out a bitcoin like they can a credit card.
Activity: 37
September 24, 2018, 06:06:52 AM
Women are entering all walks of life and working with men side by side with their roles and with the time that more women will care about it and also earn a profit from the item. their investment. I suggest building a bitcoin market to have something to be able to spend a new bitcoin at this time. When the market is not advanced, you will get many people involved both men and women. The entire Bitcoin market and electronic money are discriminatory and sexless. There are many women who invest in the electronic money market.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 23, 2018, 10:00:24 AM
Girls simply think that cryptos are something for nerds. But as a girl I can tell that cryptos can be very good opportunity for part time job being at home, taking care of children, husband and home; just like I do in the current moment.

Actually,i think a lot of females are already in crypto. It's just that men are a little bit noisier when it comes to making predictions and speculations but there are already a lot of women on board. Same with forex and the stock market. It's seen as men's domain when there are a lot of women already in it.
Activity: 513
Merit: 117
September 23, 2018, 09:24:03 AM
I notice on the contrary a lot of women will join crypto and it's very good.The more users of cryptocurrency the better.Many women know about bounty and are also very active in promoting products.
Activity: 1493
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
September 22, 2018, 12:56:12 PM
Women will follow with the mainstream. We're not truly ready for mainstream adoption so we shouldn't actively go after the women right now.

The suggestions in the OP are good and will take  while to implement.

A flashy new client with a good interface would draw in a lot of men as well as women.

To be honest, I'd love to have the option to use a pretty interface/gui with a polished user experience.

I think that may be the second step to getting women into crypto. The first step will obviously be mass adoption and the first step to mass adoption is scaling.

And scaling leads to the dark side (jk) Scaling leads to bitcoin being closer to the whitepaper uses, micropayments and what not.

If we can do micropayments apps and mobile games can use it and women use those as well.

The advertising aspect in the OP is genius, this would do wonders as well and it's actually true, not false advertisement. I love it.

I'm glad this post was brought back from the dead.
Activity: 924
Merit: 281
Trooper Founder & CEO
September 22, 2018, 12:49:07 PM
We will discover when it happens.

Let's compare it to other things most women don't are interested in:

MOTORs

Hunting

Mathematics

there are probably more...

In any case, you can ask your question in all of those categories.

and the answer is not easy either there.

Maybe because it is dirty, dangerous or complicated.
 Maybe is boring?

How to get more females into crypto?
 a no-aggressive answer could be
 More fashion - more intrigue - an idol like Monroe for freedom - and definitely more use cases for female hobbies.

Good day all.

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
September 22, 2018, 12:42:00 PM
Activity: 106
Merit: 6
September 22, 2018, 12:30:19 PM
There is actually a decent amount of women that use crypto.  I would say its at least 10 percent of this board at the minimum, we should be focusing more on equality in this day and age.
Activity: 490
September 22, 2018, 12:23:41 PM
Interesting question I never asked myself. I'm a woman, but I only do it because I'm interested. And I was interested in bitcoin my boyfriend. And although most of the investors I know are men, I don't see a fundamental difference. Just women this area less interesting.
Activity: 279
Merit: 105
September 22, 2018, 12:04:50 PM
I do not see any fundamental difference in who invests. I know a few female investors who are much smarter than male investors I know. But this is only because they studied bitcoin better and studied the market more. It all depends on the person, not on his sex.

Activity: 322
September 22, 2018, 11:37:34 AM
I see no point in dividing investors into men and women. If a person invests wisely and is able to earn money, then who cares what gender it is?
Activity: 448
September 22, 2018, 10:41:07 AM
Majority of women are fragile and always wanting this it if the is an awareness that with Bitcoin you can sell your shoes bags clothes hairs and everything feminine trust me you will see lots and lots of women here.All they need is an awareness of what Bitcoin can do for them

brand new
Activity: 0
August 27, 2018, 06:15:59 PM
The entire Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency market is discrimination and sexist-free place. Anyone can invest in it without any problems. There are plenty of women investing in the cryptocurrency market. I hope to see them major stakeholders in the near future for the betterment of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 131
Merit: 12
September 22, 2018, 09:23:18 AM
The survey of women in this forum shows much less than I thought but perhaps they just want to remain anonymous or not vote. It has been several years and women in the crypto currency are probably 30%.
I was completely  Shocked when I saw that percentage. Also think it's much more today, about 30%. Probably beacuse of the 2017. bull run, when BTC was on the news, in the papers, everybody was talking about it. Cheesy
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
August 27, 2018, 06:42:12 PM
The rate of female investors in the crypto market is low but it isn't convincing from my point of view. I agree that women prefer to remain anonymous, while men don't prefer to hide themselves.
Pages:
Jump to: