Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you learn about other cryptos? - page 14. (Read 1983 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1
March 23, 2018, 07:48:03 PM
Curious to know how everyone finds and learns about all different sorts of altcoins. I personally go onto coinmarketcap and just find a random coin, and then research it's name on google. How do you do it?

The largest amount of information about all cryptocurrencies is concentrated in one place, on the forum - BITCOINTALK.org

Don't you think that's bad to have it all concentrated in one place?
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
March 23, 2018, 07:36:50 PM
Most times it through all these coin watch sites like coinmarketcap as well as through friends that probably in a way have come across some of these coins. Another way in which i get to know about some of these coins is sometime during the ICO and before listing. What i just do is monitor it until it is listed on exchange.
Also, for ERC20 tokens, ethplorer can be used to know about some of these coins.
March 23, 2018, 07:29:24 PM
Curious to know how everyone finds and learns about all different sorts of altcoins. I personally go onto coinmarketcap and just find a random coin, and then research it's name on google. How do you do it?

The largest amount of information about all cryptocurrencies is concentrated in one place, on the forum - BITCOINTALK.org

How do you come across a coin though and say, "that's the one I wanna look into"?
Activity: 461
Merit: 112
March 23, 2018, 07:28:57 PM
Normally I use coinmarketcap but for new coins and tokens I am looking at the announcement boards. If their ann threads is interesting, I visit their website and read the whitepaper.
Activity: 263
Merit: 10
March 23, 2018, 07:22:00 PM
I think the only way to learn really well about a crypto or a project is read their whitepaper.
Asking question with the supports about the problem that you're not clear about this project or crypto.( good project will have a good support).
Comparing this project with other to figure which is the best out.
Activity: 138
Merit: 15
March 23, 2018, 07:15:40 PM
I learned it from an advertisement in the internet, I become curios and then made a lot of research in the internet. I don't actually understand it at first but just in time I got to understand how this system work. Luckily, after founding it in the internet, I found out also that a friend of mine is also making an investment about it and I ask him to teach me how to start.
Activity: 294
Merit: 106
March 23, 2018, 07:14:23 PM

Activity: 380
Merit: 100
March 23, 2018, 06:50:29 PM
Coinmarketcap will guide you about the information of all cryptocurrency. Added of not added coin if its listed then then project is really good or does have real uses in the future. Sometimes they included scam token on coinmarketcap but if users will found it scam then it will be delisted on coinmarketcap.

I also utilized coinmarketcap since it provides already the details of the Alts, plus those alts existing in coinmarketcap is already a project that is on the working stage, meaning ICO is done funding requirement was met. For ICO Alts, my reference is ICO bench and another website bountylord to have a glance about new ICO's in the market.
March 23, 2018, 06:43:08 PM
If I find out about some kind of coin, then for more detailed information, I go to our forum and here I will find out all information

But how do you originally find out about that coin?

How do you originally come across that coin though?
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
March 23, 2018, 06:28:21 PM
You do not need hard to find information coin in other forums, In BTT forum you can get many things. There is a wealth of information on the coins and developments of digital currencies. So for me the BTT forum has given a lot of information. As for searching other data then I look it up in google, it is as a reference and I still use various opinions and references in this BTT forum.
Activity: 364
March 23, 2018, 06:26:30 PM
I'm more interested in new coins. I go to sites that show ICO ratings and choose sorting from the highest score to the lowest. Usually on top of the projects are unique and special, often carry a new technology. Then I turn to the sites and study White Paper. I study the price, I look or there are discounts bonuses for investors and whether there is bounty
March 23, 2018, 06:21:55 PM
Well, I do all this exactly because you see a coin that interests you for some reason, and then look at all sources of information.

But how exactly do you come upon that coin that suddenly interests you?
Activity: 660
Merit: 250
March 23, 2018, 06:21:33 PM
Coinmarketcap will guide you about the information of all cryptocurrency. Added of not added coin if its listed then then project is really good or does have real uses in the future. Sometimes they included scam token on coinmarketcap but if users will found it scam then it will be delisted on coinmarketcap.
Activity: 322
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
March 23, 2018, 06:18:34 PM
If I find out about some kind of coin, then for more detailed information, I go to our forum and here I will find out all information
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
March 23, 2018, 06:16:36 PM
Coinmarketplace is a good place where you can find that which coins are at the top and you can find all the details of that coin on that place if the coin has added its social media to the coinmarketplace. Along with that you can also search on this forum in the section where these altcoins are announced at the time of its initiation. There you will find the discussion of the major community of that coin.
Activity: 543
Merit: 281
March 23, 2018, 06:16:22 PM
In my opinion there are no other significant means other than ANN or coinmarket and coin sites, is practically 90% of the informative accesses of all existing notices, but there is another 10% that we can find on sites like online masternodes. Thus, the information system is complete.

Activity: 518
Merit: 11
HODL
March 23, 2018, 06:14:44 PM

Coinmarketcap is good espcially for the stable coins and tokens, but its not listing all the newsest ones, you need to make your own research and this forum is the best place to find the recent news about altcoins and ICO projects. The community here is very active, and this is the preferred platform for most crypto devs and investors. So keep reading and browsing this forum and you will get good learning about crypto currencies generally.

Do you think a website where you can easily find all the different altcoins and information about them would be helpful?
Do not rely too much on rating websites because they can receive ads for their own reviews. Evaluation websites are for reference only, to evaluate a good project needs a lot of information so do not rush to invest when you have not really understood about it. Consultation with professional and experienced investors is a good thing for you.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
March 23, 2018, 06:11:07 PM

There are literally hundreds of Cryptocurrencies and I don't really like browsing through all of them, which is why I don't usually find new cryptos on coinmarketcap. I do use Coinmarketcap, but only for additional information about cryptocurrencies I already know.

I learn about new cryptos through a variety of ways, including:
-Signatures on Bitcointalk: A lot of new projects have themselves advertised through signatures. I occasionally click on one I find attractive.
-Randomly hear about it on Bitcointalk: I often browse through altcoin discussions on Bitcointalk. Sometimes I see something that might be worth it, so I look for more information about it.
-Steemit: Though I'm not really active on there anymore, Steemit did show me some cool projects.
You have to watch out though, as most people on there only go for their own profits. For example, people have been advertising their referral links of the Bitconnect scam since its dawn.
Just looking up some information about a project that seems interesting to you should fix that problem though  Wink

Those are just my preferred ways. Hope you can do something with them :-)
March 23, 2018, 06:10:20 PM

Coinmarketcap is good espcially for the stable coins and tokens, but its not listing all the newsest ones, you need to make your own research and this forum is the best place to find the recent news about altcoins and ICO projects. The community here is very active, and this is the preferred platform for most crypto devs and investors. So keep reading and browsing this forum and you will get good learning about crypto currencies generally.

Do you think a website where you can easily find all the different altcoins and information about them would be helpful?
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002
March 23, 2018, 05:53:13 PM
Mostly from ads on CMC and the signatures here.

Before I was reading the new topics in Ann section, but now I don't have time for this. I a project can't afford an ads or signatures, then most probably it's for skipping anyway.
Pages:
Jump to: