Pages:
Author

Topic: How long ukraine could survive? - page 7. (Read 949 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 161
March 03, 2022, 02:23:47 AM
If by some other plan you mean going further than Ukraine then the answer is a definitive no. Would he go for the whole of Ukraine? I doubt it because holding a certain territory for a smaller amount of time is possible, anything longer is not doable. I think that studies show that you need 5 occupying soldiers on the ground for 1 local insurgent, and Russia would not be able to sustain that long-term. Even though media reporting is not to be completely trusted (not that they are lying but maybe they do not get the right info), it seems to me that Russians are downplaying the impact sanctions will have on them, and I do believe, in the long run, it would take a significant toll, that would, in return, affect their military power when trying to preserve their presence in a specific region. So it really depends on what we consider as surviving (regarding Ukraine).
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
March 03, 2022, 12:41:28 AM

Despite the effort of the USA and their ally Ukraine is losing ground every day. Kyiv could fall anytime and some major city is already under Russian control. RF would stop after the fall of Kyiv or does Putin has some other plan in mind? This prolonged war could drain the resource of the EU and Russia but in long term, it could bring some stability in that region or we could see another cold war?
Pages:
Jump to: