Pages:
Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 93. (Read 320337 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
Black Panther
Depend on many aspect.

Let say if I have 10 btc right now, will bitcoin's value after 20 years increased or decrease ??
People need to keep trust on bitcoin to make that happen.

Let say if some hacker able to hack bitcoin in next 20 years, will bitcoin's value still same as now ?
and many questionable fact....
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
If you have in holdings between 5 to 10 Bitcoins you will not need to wait for 20 years from now.I think in few years time price will explode and you will be able to take not only early retirement but also will live a luxurious life.

In order for most people to live luxury life, they need about $10 million. I do not think the bitcoin price will be $1m in the next few years.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 504
This year will take the price to at least $5k so in this case you need only 20 Btc to start living a retired life.I think $100k is good enough for this at least for me is.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
If you have in holdings between 5 to 10 Bitcoins you will not need to wait for 20 years from now.I think in few years time price will explode and you will be able to take not only early retirement but also will live a luxurious life.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
If we look at the prediction by various financial experts about the price then even 1 Bitcoin is sufficient to take early retirement.I also do believe in time it is quite possible to see 1 Bitcoin=100k $ when it will be traded in umbtc as a unit.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
It's not easy to guess this as money required for retirement depends on many things and differs from person to person.
Mainly the geographical location and the cost of living there. I just guess and put it at 20 bitcoins though.
Activity: 952
In 20 years it might be enough for some 50 coins it will be 3 or 4 halving by that time
Only one thing is sure price will be high

If bitcoin evolve all the time and all the improvements are supported by the community, I think the price will be much higher.

Yes what bitcoin needs is the support from the community and society, once they are aware about the advantages of bitcoins there would be much more higher users of bitcoins, and bitcoin price will sure be higher in future and I guess I atleast need 50 btc in my wallet to enjoy good and comfortable retired life.
Activity: 658
In 20 years it might be enough for some 50 coins it will be 3 or 4 halving by that time

The price becomes higher after the previous 2 halvings. So I think the price will also be higher this time.
Activity: 221

If bitcoin evolve all the time and all the improvements are supported by the community, I think the price will be much higher.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Depends on your retirement idea, how much you are planing to spend, and of-course where you live. I think I'm old enough in that time. You don't need too much, may be 30 BTC($10k each) is enough for your retire life after 20 years.

Here where I live you will need a minimum of €2000 per month if you want to have OK retirment days. Let's say you will spend 20 years in your retirment period, that would mean 20 years x 12 months = 240 months x €2000 = €480,000. You would need 100BTC to be priced at €5000 to retire from. And then you have nothing special.

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Depends on your retirement idea, how much you are planing to spend, and of-course where you live. I think I'm old enough in that time. You don't need too much, may be 30 BTC($10k each) is enough for your retire life after 20 years.

Generally, 30BTC is enough if you already have a home and have other kind of pension. Otherwise, it is not enough if you live too long.

well it depend on the value of bitcoin, even with a home, you need at least 250K to survive 50 years, assuming the minimum 5k per year

so 30 btc need to reach the value of 8k per coins, to satisfy this thing
Activity: 938
Generally for the common person 20 bitcoins is enough for the old life and according to price rate at that time. If you have more dream after the retirement means sure you more than 50 btc. It's upto the person

Yes it totally depends on your lifestyle and the country you are living in but holding 50 btc would be enough at the time of retirement if the price of bitcoin is descent at that particular time but as future is uncertain we cannot be sure what would be the price of bitcoins at the end of 20 years.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10

Generally, 30BTC is enough if you already have a home and have other kind of pension. Otherwise, it is not enough if you live too long.
Activity: 644
Generally for the common person 20 bitcoins is enough for the old life and according to price rate at that time. If you have more dream after the retirement means sure you more than 50 btc. It's upto the person
Activity: 182
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1268

I do agree with you. I think this year, halving will tell us a lot about future of bitcoin. I am still working on my 1. bitcoin. Hope to get there soon. One thing for sure, I am not giving up.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
Live by your own rules
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?
if you ask about this on early 2011 or 2012,i think you dont need too many bitcoin for your retire on 20 years later,but if you ask nowdays,you need big amount of bitcoin,i think 1000 bitcoin is not enough,now the price is about $450 and its not too expensive when traded to Dollar.
Activity: 994
Get as much as you can. That would be my advice. You never know what bitcoin will be worth in 20 years or so.
So it's best to get as much as you can get and just hold for now, don't spend it until you're going to retire.

I agree with this.
More bitcoin is a bigger chance to win big. And yea also a bigger chance to lose big.
Believing in bitcoin and it's potential makes me think the first thing will happen.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Get as much as you can. That would be my advice. You never know what bitcoin will be worth in 20 years or so.
So it's best to get as much as you can get and just hold for now, don't spend it until you're going to retire.
Pages:
Jump to: