Pages:
Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 94. (Read 320337 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
If I may say I think that more than 25 bitcoin I think that will be enough.
Only for people that they a re old and don't go out that much.

When you are still 30 and want to retire I think you need more than 150 bitcoins.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
To be safe at least have more that 50 bitcoin I think that will be just great.
Also if you live somewhere that the daily live just cost 5 dollars I think is nice to retire there.

When you are old you don't spend a lot of money.
Activity: 221
Bitcoin doesnt have to grow, it could nothing at all but retain value.  Just doing that would surprise many and alot of savings are put into gold which has no ability to grow as just a metal it sits there where the world changes it does nothing but retain value presumably.

As dollar constantly lose value, bitcoin would appear to rise but gain no advantage and nothing close to a successful business investment

Yes but without gaining/losing value people will think it's a below average currency which is not interesting for investors.
And thus it could start losing value again.

The price of bitcoin has to rise to attract interest. People are interested in the appreciation of money or investments.
Activity: 182
Pollak
Bitcoin doesnt have to grow, it could nothing at all but retain value.  Just doing that would surprise many and alot of savings are put into gold which has no ability to grow as just a metal it sits there where the world changes it does nothing but retain value presumably.

As dollar constantly lose value, bitcoin would appear to rise but gain no advantage and nothing close to a successful business investment

Yes but without gaining/losing value people will think it's a below average currency which is not interesting for investors.
And thus it could start losing value again.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 521
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

"Hold on i just need to get my magic ball out here"  the price of bitcoin in 20 years could be worth millions, or it could be worth nothing and anything in between.  no one can really tell,  i hope as you that it is the former.  buy a few just incase.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
100 Bitcoins should do the trick I think.

Anything more would make your investment too risky, anything less could mean you could not maximize your profits.

With current price, BTC100 would be nothing if you are to retire...
We don't know what the future will be, as it is uncertain...
But one thing is for sure that we are definitely going to enter the sky during these years, if not months...
So, BTC100 could also help one to retire if the price reaches x10 or x100 from where it is at, currently...

you must assume that the bitcoin will grow otherwise it would be completely pointless to retire with bitcoin, isn't it.... just keep your fiat if that the case

range 1-100 btc is all good for everyone assuming 10k value as a minimum target, i'm sure it's reacheble
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.

Anything more would make your investment too risky, anything less could mean you could not maximize your profits.

But one thing is for sure that we are definitely going to enter the sky during these years, if not months...
So, BTC100 could also help one to retire if the price reaches x10 or x100 from where it is at, currently...

Absolutely! Nobody is saying that 100 BTC will be enough to retire at current prices. We are talking about 20-25 years from now when the the price will be much higher. As I said before, I think the price will be around $10k at the time.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

sure now is 100 is nothing but in 20 or so year it may be fortune
also this comes to what amount you / me / anybody will have in that time and price
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

Activity: 29
Merit: 1
Save as many as you can and then hold them.
It's not sure if the price will spike to 10k or so, but it will spike.

With more bitcons you will earn more.

You can hold 60% of the coin and use 40% of the coins whenever you can. That will make bitcon useful and the value will rise.
Activity: 221

As long as there are actual usage of bitcoin, people will use that coin. So the price will rise. That is similar to US dollar which is used to buy oil.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Forza Roma

It will be hard to get to hold 100 bitcoins, for me it would probably never happen, but I will make sure to get as many as I can.
Activity: 280

Activity: 210
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
Who know what will be in 20 years maybe 1btc will worth 100k

ya right, such as when the price of bitcoin ever touching a price of $1000 from the price of $1, so we will never know, that bitcoin prices in the next 20 years could touch 100k
if the price was $ 1,000 even if you only have 1 BTC would be useless, you have to possess more than 50 BTC if you want to change your life in the future, especially the next 20 years
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

ya right, such as when the price of bitcoin ever touching a price of $1000 from the price of $1, so we will never know, that bitcoin prices in the next 20 years could touch 100k
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

I agree. That's why it's better to have at least 5 or 10 BTC than nothing and maybe that would be enough to retire nicely in 20 years.

My prediction is 10k though, so you'll need around 100 BTC. )

i both cases might be true
so from 5 - 100 BTC is fine to have in stash
i think we will see possibly high 4 digits or even some medium 5 digits value in 20 years
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.

I agree. That's why it's better to have at least 5 or 10 BTC than nothing and maybe that would be enough to retire nicely in 20 years.

My prediction is 10k though, so you'll need around 100 BTC. )
Activity: 350
Shit, did I leave the stove on?

I changed my mind so if you have 500-1000BTC in the near future can result in millions of dollars if the price hits 1k to 2k, so maybe 1million you can retire, but in 20 years count a zero less so around 50-100B

500 is nice amount i would be happy with 50 at least

Even 50 BTC is a number the majority of the members here will hardly be able to achieve.
In today's value this is $22500. That's quite some money not everyone has lying around or hiding under the pillow just to buy some bitcoin. It's good to have aims, but that's a tough one I think when you're just a normal guy with an average job.

You could also start earning bitcoins and not only buy. You could always just aim to stack up as many as you can. Especially if you got a job on the side, just don't spend bitcoins, only save up. You should be able to come closer to reaching your goal.

Yep "attic mining" you sell crap in attic on ebay (boring ...i prob have 5K of crap I could move on ebay) ...then you buy btc with it....

1) if btc goes tulips/beanie baby or whatever....you know have a clean attic...put 5K in fix ups (in my case) house goes up in value 15k ...viola

or

2) BTC goes to 2k someday and you have 'cleaned up"

Attic Mining: The only home mining that makes sense now Smiley (but it is so mind numbingly boring!!!!!)

What if you are renting out a property and receive the rent in cash but instead take the money and exchange it for coins. Is this an investment for the future when the bitcoin price will increase or is it just a big risk?
Pages:
Jump to: