Pages:
Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 95. (Read 320337 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
Who know what will be in 20 years maybe 1btc will worth 100k
legendary
Activity: 1246
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
Thats if you survive the next 20 years.

And who knows you and I are writing this thread for awesome stuff, then one day I get hit by a car. Everyday events can happen during the next 20 years for me to not able to enjoy it, and every other form of cancer available.

Lol, why are you talking like that???
Life is full of risks, and one who has come in this world, is going to die one day and that's for sure...
But who knows if OP might be a child or an oldie???
Let's think positive, and yes, if someone survives 20 years and the price of BTC ever reaches BTC20k (even 10k is a ? these days), then 10 BTC would also be fine... Smiley
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!

I changed my mind so if you have 500-1000BTC in the near future can result in millions of dollars if the price hits 1k to 2k, so maybe 1million you can retire, but in 20 years count a zero less so around 50-100B

500 is nice amount i would be happy with 50 at least

Even 50 BTC is a number the majority of the members here will hardly be able to achieve.
In today's value this is $22500. That's quite some money not everyone has lying around or hiding under the pillow just to buy some bitcoin. It's good to have aims, but that's a tough one I think when you're just a normal guy with an average job.

You could also start earning bitcoins and not only buy. You could always just aim to stack up as many as you can. Especially if you got a job on the side, just don't spend bitcoins, only save up. You should be able to come closer to reaching your goal.

Yep "attic mining" you sell crap in attic on ebay (boring ...i prob have 5K of crap I could move on ebay) ...then you buy btc with it....

1) if btc goes tulips/beanie baby or whatever....you know have a clean attic...put 5K in fix ups (in my case) house goes up in value 15k ...viola

or

2) BTC goes to 2k someday and you have 'cleaned up"

Attic Mining: The only home mining that makes sense now Smiley (but it is so mind numbingly boring!!!!!)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Thats if you survive the next 20 years.

And who knows you and I are writing this thread for awesome stuff, then one day I get hit by a car. Everyday events can happen during the next 20 years for me to not able to enjoy it, and every other form of cancer available.
Activity: 798
I am thinking that if the price will be increased then 150 bitcoins would be enough to retire after 20 years.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

I changed my mind so if you have 500-1000BTC in the near future can result in millions of dollars if the price hits 1k to 2k, so maybe 1million you can retire, but in 20 years count a zero less so around 50-100B

Even 50 BTC is a number the majority of the members here will hardly be able to achieve.
In today's value this is $22500. That's quite some money not everyone has lying around or hiding under the pillow just to buy some bitcoin. It's good to have aims, but that's a tough one I think when you're just a normal guy with an average job.

You could also start earning bitcoins and not only buy. You could always just aim to stack up as many as you can. Especially if you got a job on the side, just don't spend bitcoins, only save up. You should be able to come closer to reaching your goal.

People that are not in to bitcoin I think if they do just Faucets just one hour I think it 20 years they will just earn a lot of bitcoin. It will just be a pain in the ass to do, but seriously with this you can just have a lot of money. Maybe you will get 0.5 Bitcoin a year for me that is big.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Again...better be 100 btc (if I converted my LTC now I'd have that with the 84.75 btc I have now..but the ratio sucks) Smiley (ie I mine yet with Titan(s) still 500 usd after elec) Smiley

Anyway.....IF NOT then that means I really really be able to mine LTC if the price of BTC dumps back to 12 bucks! (and of course LTC follows)

I would be the bitcoin king! (ah my beanie baby and historical 'tulip' traders..my maybe brethren.... I understand you now) Smiley

So this means I will either

1) Have lots of BTC when they put me in the nursing home and think I'm rich with BTC

or

2) Have lots and lots of worthless BTC when they put me in the nursing home ..and STILL think I'm rich with BTC

because this thread nails it Smiley In 20 years I'll be so far gone it won't matter Smiley Either way I will be a 'legend' in my own mind on BTC wealth ...be it 12c or 12k heh Smiley

see in 20 years a win/win Smiley  Better frigging happen in 10 years that 1k coin or I'll be annoyed Sad

legendary
Activity: 1246
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

It is actually not predictable that how much do you need as everyone have their own expenses based on the place they live at...
Also, their lifestyle is what everything depends upon, and who knows about the inflation (expensiveness) that what it will be in those next 20 years???
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

but this eman that you need $450k to buy those 1k btc right now, only for seeing them double in the enar future

and if you wait too much 1k btc will cost you more, probably a million or so, it does not sounds like a good idea...
legendary
Activity: 1022
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
I'd say 5000-500000 btc
Is it a joke?

It is not joke. It depends on the time when you retire. If you retire now or in a few years, you need 500,000 bitcoins. If you retire in a few decades, you need 5000 bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
i can earning 0.1-0.2/week, i think i can't retire in 50years old, i think very hard for me to save 50-100btc to retire in 20years,,,

you should add to that the "buy coins" that you can uy with your money, otherwise it does not make sense to think to retire with bitcoin

because it's mean that you don't believe in bitcoin in the first place, since you don't want to buy...
Activity: 784
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?
20 years? 0.7 ~ 0.07 BTC
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
i can earning 0.1-0.2/week, i think i can't retire in 50years old, i think very hard for me to save 50-100btc to retire in 20years,,,

Activity: 469
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
A lot. The price of Bitcoin isn't just going to shoot up like that. Just try to get as many as you can.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
15 if you want to have fun on the rise through the years.  Only one would be brutal because there will be times you want to take profits.  Also dependent would be the area you live and what you want to do in retirement.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
I changed my mind so if you have 500-1000BTC in the near future can result in millions of dollars if the price hits 1k to 2k, so maybe 1million you can retire, but in 20 years count a zero less so around 50-100BTC
Pages:
Jump to: